2013 Ashes Series

froggg

So we've changed topic to the last test now? Another one of those odd feather touches. Clarke probably didn't feel it and didn't think he hit it.

What....given when you were on about broad and Australia hadn't batted, what did you think I was referring to, you think I had jumped in my delorean sat on the drive and was talking about something that hadn't happened.

Funny how the none of the Aussies never hear it and feel it, yet when England do it, it's classless.....mmmm

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...and that's the exact reason the reviews should never have been given to the players in the first place. The idea of a tactical review is sickening. It's time wasting most of the time, and little more than a pathetic last ditch shot sometimes, and something the game could really do without.

Yeah, I realised the decision he was starting to talk about, it's odd that he went back to that one after initially talking about Haddin. I honestly doubt Clarke would have even felt that touch though, it was the merest of feathers through. Broad on the other hand was just having a stab today, should have just gone quietly.

...also, doing it to "get under the skins of the opponents" is basically saying he is being a unsportsmanlike git. Doing things to windup players is not a get out of gaol free card, just ask Harbhajan Singh about that.

What about sledging? Something that Australia do very well. Calling Bell the Sherminator and mocking his MBE? Is that not the same?

Yeah, I realised the decision he was starting to talk about, it's odd that he went back to that one after initially talking about Haddin..

Woah there....you mentioned haddin not me, I talked about the end of the last test and a batman hitting the ball and standing....don't go making things up now please.

What....given when you were on about broad and Australia hadn't batted, what did you think I was referring to, you think I had jumped in my delorean sat on the drive and was talking about something that hadn't happened.

Funny how the none of the Aussies never hear it and feel it, yet when England do it, it's classless.....mmmm

Not last time, I meant to Clarke in the last test, not Haddin as you originally referred.

There is a big difference between Clarke feathering it through, and as the captain deciding that he was sure enough he didn't hit it to use the appeal and Broad "having a pop" as the last man with a fairly standard knick.

Not last time, I meant to Clarke in the last test, not Haddin as you originally referred.

There is a big difference between Clarke feathering it through, and as the captain deciding that he was sure enough he didn't hit it to use the appeal and Broad "having a pop" as the last man with a fairly standard knick.

Who are you to judge whether you feel a knick or not? Unbelievably subjective.

Who you talking about uncle?

Broad or the end of the last test??

Woah there....you mentioned haddin not me, I talked about the end of the last test and a batman hitting the ball and standing....don't go making things up now please.

No, you opened with "the end of the last test".

What about sledging? Something that Australia do very well. Calling Bell the Sherminator and mocking his MBE? Is that not the same?

To be honest I'm no fan of sledging either, but that's an entirely different story and very different to this kind of nonsense.

Kissing a fiver goodbye now.

I feel partially guilty given that I have the worst track record at betting recently :-)

This is the worse Aussie top order I've ever seen - very average. It used to be such a strength - at least at the moment, their lower order is excellent and their bowling unit is improving.

It is a absolutely terrible top order. What certainly hasn't helped is the tendency to chop and change about rather than actually giving young players a solid run in the side. The likes of Hughes, Khawaja and such would surely have been better players at this level if they were brought in one by one, and given time to settle, rather than bringing them in and out of the side, never giving them time to settle. Don't worry though, let's call up some journeymen like Cowan and Rogers, that'll sort it out...

Oh well, by next test they'll probably drop Khawaja and Hughes again, bring in some late 30s journeyman with a low 40s average at Shield level, give him 2 tests and toss him to the wolves.

England will need to be very careful still though, there is some talent in the side, and if players like Hughes and Khawaja can get going it could really be a headache not only for this series, but the following one.

This is painful to watch from the Aussie perspective, England haven't been anywhere near their best, some absolutely shocking batting!

I thought the Aussies would win at least one test here but I can't see it happening if they bat like this the whole time!

England's batting is likely to improve, I can only see the Aussies getting worse to be honest...

To be honest I'm no fan of sledging either, but that's an entirely different story and very different to this kind of nonsense.

How can they be entirely different when they are both to put the opposition off their game?

I remember an similar scenario last year, I think it was when England played SA, the last batsman reviewed a definite nick to the wicket keeper and it turned out it was a no ball.

Aussies have been in poor form generally for the last year or two but the Lehmann appointment seemed to have given them that focus but he can't change such errors in such a short amount of time.

They will improve but innings like this will leave a big mark on them that could strongly affect these next two series.

We're not even as good as we were a year or two ago.

Archived