2013 Ashes Series

froggg

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Standing your ground when given not out is one thing, but reviewing when you've hit the damn thing is just classless.

Who you talking about uncle?

Broad or the end of the last test??

I do not see how anyone could possibly need clarification on that statement.

What is the difference between an Aussie that hit the ball reviewing, compared to broad?

Haddin wasn't the one that reviewed. England had a speculative review after Haddin was given not out.

wasnt on about haddin; unless my memory is going was it not the aussie captain?

wasnt on about haddin; unless my memory is going was it not the aussie captain?

Why would the Aussie captain review a decision given not out? The captain also can't review when he's in the dressing room. So yes, your memory is going.

Why would the Aussie captain review a decision given not out? The captain also can't review when he's in the dressing room. So yes, your memory is going.

If the Aussie captain is batting of course he can review it if he is given out, broad bowled, Clarke hit it, prior caught it, and I remember they looked if it carried and gave him out. I'm sure he then reviewed it ?

Standing your ground when given not out is one thing, but reviewing when you've hit the damn thing is just classless.

Your response is the exact reason he did it, get under the skins of the opponents. Also a review left, last wicket, might as well take it, you may get lucky.

Also Leeds is on about Clarke from the first test, 2nd innings when he reviewed a caught behind after he hit it.

If the Aussie captain is batting of course he can review it if he is given out, broad bowled, Clarke hit it, prior caught it, and I remember they looked if it carried and gave him out. I'm sure he then reviewed it ?

So we've changed topic to the last test now? Another one of those odd feather touches. Clarke probably didn't feel it and didn't think he hit it.

Your response is the exact reason he did it, get under the skins of the opponents. Also a review left, last wicket, might as well take it, you may get lucky.

Also Leeds is on about Clarke from the first test, 2nd innings when he reviewed a caught behind after he hit it.

...and that's the exact reason the reviews should never have been given to the players in the first place. The idea of a tactical review is sickening. It's time wasting most of the time, and little more than a pathetic last ditch shot sometimes, and something the game could really do without.

Yeah, I realised the decision he was starting to talk about, it's odd that he went back to that one after initially talking about Haddin. I honestly doubt Clarke would have even felt that touch though, it was the merest of feathers through. Broad on the other hand was just having a stab today, should have just gone quietly.

...also, doing it to "get under the skins of the opponents" is basically saying he is being a unsportsmanlike git. Doing things to windup players is not a get out of gaol free card, just ask Harbhajan Singh about that.

Archived