is this team shaping up for promotion this season

B4ev6is

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we keep Brayford & don't let any of our other main assets leave (still time for bids to come in), add a decent CB, then I'm pretty happy....

Would of liked a proven goal scorer at this level...but hopefully Russel will be the answer....the brother in law who's a Rangers fan says he's not convinced he's got it in him...but then again he's pretty bitter towards most of the SPL clubs & footy in general at present...

Also got a feeling that Sammon may be able to hit the net more often this year. After his shocking finishing last season it may be the opposite this season.... A season were every thing he hits goes in.

Grant is a decent signing in my opinion, should be able to organise our defence better with his greater experience.

So overall the new season optimist in me gives my vote to our shaping up for a top 5 finish..

Nowhere else though so its a top 24 finish for me and I'm usually a pessimist!.

And the crowd, of course - and we don't sell top-of-the-table beer either.

Need to stop the soft goals. That and the away performances stopped us making the Play Offs.

It's like Sammon. I thought he was a donkey most of last season. He was better towards the end but I still don't really rate him.

However he didnt hold us back. So signing Russell hasn't really dealt with the problems we had. Although it adds depth and that is never a bad thing. He also might be a Ward/Commons magic moment guy for all we know. There's a few points on the board if he is.

But if we continue to perform so poorly away and Keogh and Co continue to be beaten by the slightest movement then I don't think we'll close in on the Play Offs.

Either get a better CB or the ones we have need to do better. And perform better away as a team.

Nothing major. But not many teams are miles away from promotion either. We are no better or worse placed than another 10 sides.

Like every other season. I'm not worried by relegation or especially hopeful of promotion.

By February we'll know more! Lol

No, not yet. 

Made three signings, one which I'm sure will improve us (Grant), one which might (Russell), and one which won't (Martin). Forsyth due to sign on Monday, which is a good move, I liked what I saw of him.

Signs are Brayford, imo our best player, will leave.

So as things stand, mid table or slightly higher beckons again.

That might all change though. 

Richard Dunne signing might be the thing to do it.

i am really hope this team is shaping up for promotion we have landed some really good players, and if we can add richard dunne to the team that might add some really steal at the back, something we lacked last season but even more so a little bit more experience and show our kids, how to hold onto when were winning or for a point. but i still think were missing a playmaker or another experienced player with a little bit of know how apart from ben davies. i think we might need a right back player if john brayford is sold but if we do sell i hope we hold out for at least 2 to 3m. so we can then replace him someone same as him or better. but i do have a feeling this is our year to win the league and then try to survive the big time for first couple of year and then aim for the top 10 in the premer league, and after try and get into europa league. but at the moment in time we have to get out of the championship so maybe then get some rich owners who are willing splash the cash.

'kin Ada B4, you posted that without taking a breath and it has left me needing oxygen, you should use 'HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL' as your motto.

If we have our fair share of luck and take our chances in front of goal then we could clinch a play-off spot, as others have mentioned we need a vast improvement away from home and it is absolutely essential that we defend better and cut out the sloppy goals which have almost become our trade-mark.

We should go into the coming season in optimistic mood, last season we proved that, on our day, we were a match for anyone and if we can replicate that then the results will come.

COME ON DERBY!!!!

Grant

Brayford

Dunne

Keogh

Forsyth

Bryson

Hendrick

Hughes

Russell

Sammon

Ward

I know, that's probably the best we can hope for going into the new season, will more then likely be Freeman at RB and an average championship CH/Buxton/OB/Barks but on the paper the team above is a top 6 side. No doubts in my opinion.

No. Squad is not significantly better than it was last season and we are relying on the manager to up his game in terms of tactics. At best top 10 but can't see us challenging for the top 6 realistically - too many better quality squads out there as it stands.

i think derby have a really promation chance this season and we nearly made it last season, and if jamie ward can hit the heights he did last seaon before he got injured the 2nd time around, we all know jamie ward can be a really had full. in a postion i would love to see him play just behind the front two strikers i am sure he could be a really mances to anyone.

I don't think our squad has the same strength in depth as other sides and regardless of this our away form has been so abysmal over the last 2 seasons something radical needs to alter in that department before we can countenance a Top 6 finish

well we have lacked experance and know how since robbie savage stepped down, i think we are nearly there i think a lot of teams coming down are going to find if differcults i think we are a lot better shape to go for promation than we were last season, i think it is our time to win the league.

spacail if jonney russle can for a glenn murry of last season.

As long as he's not the Glenn Murray of the season prior (who had a worse strike rate than that lad Sammon) we'll be golden.

To be completely blunt though, we need to keep Brayford. If we have any ambitions whatsoever of playing in the premier league, we need to keep our players who could actually be up to that standard. If we can resign Brayford, get Forsyth and get another centrehalf, then our defence, a key issue last season, may well have been sorted. Beyond that another option for the right of midfield would also be worth a look, but that's optional at this point.

As long as he's not the Glenn Murray of the season prior (who had a worse strike rate than that lad Sammon) we'll be golden.

To be completely blunt though, we need to keep Brayford. If we have any ambitions whatsoever of playing in the premier league, we need to keep our players who could actually be up to that standard. If we can resign Brayford, get Forsyth and get another centrehalf, then our defence, a key issue last season, may well have been sorted. Beyond that another option for the right of midfield would also be worth a look, but that's optional at this point.

This is pretty much spot on for me. I would accept a substantial offer for Brayford but unless we get a realistic one I'd do all I could to add another season on his contract.

It looks like Forsyth will be signed today so all that's missing is a quality/experienced CB.

If we go 4-3-3 I can see Wardy, The Fish and Russell (we need to find him a nick name) causing defences all sorts of problems. And I can't recall our midfield being dominated by many sides last season despite lacking a midfield general.

Archived