is this team shaping up for promotion this season

B4ev6is

Ha ha name calling that's nice.

Cockney ******?? Erm a cockney is born in bow bells I am not, I was born in Ashbourne Eddie as you are aware from our previous conversations. And as you were good friends of the Doc, do you think he would of played Buxton?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forsyth and Martin cant be classified as new signings as they both played out the latter part of the season with us - more importantly neither pulled up any trees, steady is probably the most polite adjective to describe their performances. As our league performances did not radically improve with these 2 in the side then can't see anything but the status quo being maintained next season. 

Cockney ******?? Erm a cockney is born in bow bells I am not, I was born in Ashbourne Eddie as you are aware from our previous conversations. And as you were good friends of the Doc, do you think he would of played Buxton?

Sorry, didn't mean to offend - I thought that it was an acceptable term.

The Doc would have paid a million for Bucko - and played him as an attacking midfielder.

Forsyth and Martin cant be classified as new signings as they both played out the latter part of the season with us - more importantly neither pulled up any trees, steady is probably the most polite adjective to describe their performances. As our league performances did not radically improve with these 2 in the side then can't see anything but the status quo being maintained next season. 

How ridiculous is that. Why can't they be classed as new signings? We didn't own them before, we do now.  They weren't Derby County players before, they are now = New signings.

In case you missed it with your usual negative mindset, we also signed Russell and Grant on top of the two you say aren't new.

Your talking about the same Doc that shipped out Colin Todd and replaced him with Vic Moreland!!

Buxton is a very competent defender. The Doc was a hopeless judge of player so he definitely would not have signed him - some people just can't get over him coming out of the Conference.

Your talking about the same Doc that shipped out Colin Todd and replaced him with Vic Moreland!!

Buxton is a very competent defender. The Doc was a hopeless judge of player so he definitely would not have signed him - some people just can't get over him coming out of the Conference.

What has coming from the Conference got to do with why I don't like buxton...

I don't like Buxton because he is crap. That is my opinion. I'm sorry I don't think the Blue eyed boy is a good player. I do like him as a person and what he represents. I just don't think he is anything but row Z.

. Lol Bucko is a great pro but really he is not the answer over 46 games. He's a great club man from Mansfield Town but do you remember the Doc your hammering smashing us in the FA cup semi final at hills borough with the likes of Jimmy Greenough ,Gordon Hill , Gerry Daly etc etc. The Doc was poor at the Rams but not at Man U.

I don't remember it as I wasn't born but my family will remeber it... From what I was told by my Family they didn't exactly get a lot of time to sort the squad out...

How can anyone say he is a poor manager when he did what he did at Utd.  

Curtains I agree with you that Bucko is not what we need for 46 Games.

What has coming from the Conference got to do with why I don't like buxton...

I don't like Buxton because he is crap. That is my opinion. I'm sorry I don't think the Blue eyed boy is a good player. I do like him as a person and what he represents. I just don't think he is anything but row Z.

Strange boy.

Strange boy.

Strange boy?? Why because I know that Bucko is Rubbish?

Strange boy, yourself as you think he is good.

Do you think Bucko is better than Stimac??

Do you think he's better than Barker??

Now their Centre Backs. What really makes me laugh is when some people on here think he's a clever defender. That does make me laugh as I think my 17 month old daughter is more intelligent than him..

A certain interview proved that on RAMS player the other day.. "Er er whats that word i'm looking for, No not that one, You no er er"

BRIGHT AS A SPARK.

Being "WestLondonRam" he obviously doesn't actually see him play so he goes by what Bris says, who sees every game.  On RamsPlayer.

Season ticket holder and I'm sure I have been to more away games last season and the season before than yourself.

Most people know on here that I travel up for Tuesday games and get in at 12:30 to start on a wednesday at 7 AM.

You are right though I do watch the game again on RAMS player.  

It will be interesting to see if Clough plays him as first choice next season.

I think he is ok, but has limitations to his game, he can look competent defender, when it comes to putting his head in the way, making a challenge, and being brave but its off the ball where I think he lacks that bit of quality. 

I think he struggles to read the game when play gets in behind him and his decision making, things that maybe people wont pick up on as its not obvious during the passage of play.  An extreme example would be the clearance Luiz made.

However, I think as a squad player he is more than adequate for this level, he gives 100%, will but his body on the line, and is happy to do what is best for the team without throwing his toys out the pram.

I think every champ club would want a player like him within the squad, to cover injuries and to show what a model professional should act like.

It will be interesting to see if Clough plays him as first choice next season.

I think he is ok, but has limitations to his game, he can look competent defender, when it comes to putting his head in the way, making a challenge, and being brave but its off the ball where I think he lacks that bit of quality. 

I think he struggles to read the game when play gets in behind him and his decision making, things that maybe people wont pick up on as its not obvious during the passage of play.  An extreme example would be the clearance Luiz made.

However, I think as a squad player he is more than adequate for this level, he gives 100%, will but his body on the line, and is happy to do what is best for the team without throwing his toys out the pram.

I think every champ club would want a player like him within the squad, to cover injuries and to show what a model professional should act like.

I agree...

I just think we need another Centre back with a bit of a football brain who would compliment keogh and help where he fails.

I think Bucko would do well in Derby games as he has shown....

46 Games to get us in the Prem???? NO CHANCE.

Last 10 minutes of a hard fought game???? YES WOULD HELP MASSIVELY..

Who would you prefer Dunne or Bucko in your starting line up?

I agree...

I just think we need another Centre back with a bit of a football brain who would compliment keogh and help where he fails.

I think Bucko would do well in Derby games as he has shown....

46 Games to get us in the Prem???? NO CHANCE.

Last 10 minutes of a hard fought game???? YES WOULD HELP MASSIVELY..

Who would you prefer Dunne or Bucko in your starting line up?

I don't really disagree with your opinion on Buxton, but the fact that Keogh seems to be immune from the same/similar judgement does bemuse me. He's the most over-rated player since Savage.

I don't really disagree with your opinion on Buxton, but the fact that Keogh seems to be immune from the same/similar judgement does bemuse me. He's the most over-rated player since Savage.

By some.....many others rate him......football eh?

He isn't immune, He's just better than Bucko.

If you looked at my post above I did say that we needed someone to cover his failings.

I just think that Bucko couldn't be put into the good Centre back bracket.

He is punching above his weight at the moment and is lucky that he hasn't been pushed out like some of the others.

Mark O'Brien is miles better than him and younger, if he was fit I would rather him in the side than Bucko, but as he is not it has to be a better CB on a 6 month loan until OB is back and barker is on the way back.

If Barker comes back as good or close to as good as he was we will not need Bucko.

CB wise we will have: OB, Barks, Keogh and Val with the uncovering of a couple of youth where will that put him.

If we do bring in another centre back who stays fit then Bucko should not get a look in.

The problem with a Row Z hoofer is that the initial ppressure comes off you but goes straight back on you when the play re-starts. I do agree with if in doubt put it out, Good players do not need to do that they are able to withstand pressure without getting hot under the collar.

Bucko always looks ruffled whilst under pressure and just aims to hook the ball away. If we are stepping it up he needs to step down i'm affraid.

He isn't immune, He's just better than Bucko.

If you looked at my post above I did say that we needed someone to cover his failings.

I just think that Bucko couldn't be put into the good Centre back bracket.

He is punching above his weight at the moment and is lucky that he hasn't been pushed out like some of the others.

Mark O'Brien is miles better than him and younger, if he was fit I would rather him in the side than Bucko, but as he is not it has to be a better CB on a 6 month loan until OB is back and barker is on the way back.

If Barker comes back as good or close to as good as he was we will not need Bucko.

CB wise we will have: OB, Barks, Keogh and Val with the uncovering of a couple of youth where will that put him.

If we do bring in another centre back who stays fit then Bucko should not get a look in.

The problem with a Row Z hoofer is that the initial ppressure comes off you but goes straight back on you when the play re-starts. I do agree with if in doubt put it out, Good players do not need to do that they are able to withstand pressure without getting hot under the collar.

Bucko always looks ruffled whilst under pressure and just aims to hook the ball away. If we are stepping it up he needs to step down i'm affraid.

I normally agree with you WLR but not on this one. I think Buxton's composure and decision making with the ball has been one of the big improvements of his game.

That's fine mate we are not always going to see eye to eye on football related things hence why we all love it so much.

He has improved I will give you that. He is just not natural on the ball or off it, He seems to have to work harder than anyone else to make it look easy.

Archived