is this team shaping up for promotion this season

B4ev6is

i am really hope this team is shaping up for promotion we have landed some really good players, and if we can add richard dunne to the team that might add some really steal at the back, something we lacked last season but even more so a little bit more experience and show our kids, how to hold onto when were winning or for a point. but i still think were missing a playmaker or another experienced player with a little bit of know how apart from ben davies. i think we might need a right back player if john brayford is sold but if we do sell i hope we hold out for at least 2 to 3m. so we can then replace him someone same as him or better. but i do have a feeling this is our year to win the league and then try to survive the big time for first couple of year and then aim for the top 10 in the premer league, and after try and get into europa league. but at the moment in time we have to get out of the championship so maybe then get some rich owners who are willing splash the cash.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So five years time we are in the Europe League. I have just seen a pig fly by.

By a right mid, get a centre back in, confirm Forsyth signing and then, just then, we could look at top six if Clough grows some balls as a manager and goes for wins.

No.

No Bananas of Brayford signing on, no left back, nobody solid to partner Keogh and no experienced CM.

John Eustace left Watford, reckon he might get a year...

Top six side? No chance. Qpr, Reading, Leicester, Wigan, Bolton have better squads than ourselves.

We haven't really invested significantly to improve the squad yet. However, if we get Forsyth and a new Centre Back, and don't lose Brayford, I think we have a chance of top 6.

We're relying on Russell being a really top player at this level and obviously at this stage the jury's still out.

All we have done since last year is add Grant and Russell. I wouldn't say that goalkeepers were responsible for too many defeats last year and Russell is unproven. Our best XI is top six but our squad isn't strong enough. There will be some games where Sammon and Martin are our front line. That's not good enough.

If we get a fit Richard Dunne that will help shore up a competent but mistake-prone defence. I still feel we need another attacking player and as I have said many times, a defensive midfield player who can play the simple pass. 

I see us as top 8 this year but probably just outside play-off strength.

No.

No Bananas of Brayford signing on, no left back, nobody solid to partner Keogh and no experienced CM.

John Eustace left Watford, reckon he might get a year...

Top six side? No chance. Qpr, Reading, Leicester, Wigan, Bolton have better squads than ourselves.

Yes - no sign of brayford leaving, forsyth signing this week solves the left back, Bucko is solid, if we get better than him we'll be in good shape and the experienced central midfielder is being groomed from within.

We won't go near Eustace, he's not what we need now.

No chance of top 6? If you wanted to prove a point surely you should have at least named the 6 sides above us and not just 5!!

You've left a slot open.

Archived