Nigel Clough v Billy Davies debate, tactics etc..

Red_Dawn

Ok im back, sat in Camp bastion waiting my flight home so im obviously quite bored. Thought id return and wind you lot up.

Where do you see yourselves finishing next year? I actually think you have put together a fairly ok side but still think you'll be short on the playoff mark. NLN simply isn't good enough to get you promoted im afraid. Not good enough tactically and a very poor man manager.

Read alot of 'as long as we dont have a mid table year' type posts. Will you want him gone if he doesnt succeed next year? Pretty sure I asked the same question last year come to think of it.. ;)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm looking at both squads, trying to be fair and impartial and I think there will be roughly a 22 place gap between us next season. I think you will have enough to bounce straight back up next season if you can keep hold of players like Cox, Tudgay, Greening, Reid, Gillet and Al Rashidi.

Ok im back, sat in Camp bastion waiting my flight home so im obviously quite bored. Thought id return and wind you lot up.

Where do you see yourselves finishing next year? I actually think you have put together a fairly ok side but still think you'll be short on the playoff mark. Clough simply isn't good enough to get you promoted im afraid. Not good enough tactically and a very poor man manager.

Read alot of 'as long as we dont have a mid table year' type posts. Will you want him gone if he doesnt succeed next year? Pretty sure I asked the same question last year come to think of it.. ;)

You know the one thing that REALLY gets to all the pig farmers like you......is that Clough is ours...you would LOVE him at your place but he would rather chew off his own arm than do that....

We will win the league by Easter with a record amount of goals/points/clean sheets/wins etc etc

Ok im back, sat in Camp bastion waiting my flight home so im obviously quite bored. Thought id return and wind you lot up. Where do you see yourselves finishing next year? I actually think you have put together a fairly ok side but still think you'll be short on the playoff mark. Clough simply isn't good enough to get you promoted im afraid. Not good enough tactically and a very poor man manager. Read alot of 'as long as we dont have a mid table year' type posts. Will you want him gone if he doesnt succeed next year? Pretty sure I asked the same question last year come to think of it.. ;)
In an ideal scenario we'd meet you in the play off final . Because, with it being a play off game, you'd do your usual trick of losing your arses as as we'll as the game. We're used to beating you these days but turning you over at Wembley and seeing Wee Billy sacrificed at the hands of your owner's scimitar in the middle the pitch would be the perfect end to a season... Now back to the present and its too early to say cus we're still shopping but if we can add a quality CB & LB I think we can push for at least 6th. Our problem last season was keeping clean sheets and/or a lead so if we tighten up at the back we won't be far off...

You know the one thing that REALLY gets to all the pig farmers like you......is that Clough is ours...you would LOVE him at your place but he would rather chew off his own arm than do that....

We will win the league by Easter with a record amount of goals/points/clean sheets/wins etc etc

Looking at his ability as a manager, I would be HORRIFIED if Clough came here (Which he won't ever, thank god). Not good enough for Nottingham Forest although im sure hes about your level.. :lol:

Surprised he's not doing a quick few push ups while he's waiting, instead of coming onto a rival teams forum

I have. This is quite possibly the most boring depressing place on earth. Glad I wasn't here for any longer! :blink:

Looking at his ability as a manager, I would be HORRIFIED if Clough came here (Which he won't ever, thank god). Not good enough for Nottingham Forest although im sure hes about your level.. :lol:

I have. This is quite possibly the most boring depressing place on earth. Glad I wasn't here for any longer! :blink:

Really, I've talked to a few lads who say it's great, en-suite rooms etc. They mentioned the Americans get like free mountain dew and **** all the time

Isn't "Not good enough for Nottingham Forest" one of the clichés used by the eejits on LTLF when the dogs are linked with Tevez, Beckham and Messi?

I think you've wandered into the wrong toilets, Dawny.

Given the choice between our current manager and that little oik you currently employ it would be NC all day long for me, do you reckon shorty will see the full season out at yours ?

Not really sure why buddy..

BD guarantees a season where he wins more than he loses..

NC on the hand guarantees a season where he doesn't win more than he loses..

If I was a neutral betting man I'd stick a huge chunk on Forest finishing above Derby this season.. Even if you swapped the squads over, they'd still finish above us because they have a better and more importantly a winning manager.. We have a loser unfortunately and we're stuck with him because his surname means more to the fans than winning football matches and playing good football..

If I was a neutral betting man I'd stick a huge chunk on Forest finishing above Derby this season.. Even if you swapped the squads over, they'd still finish above us because they have a better and more importantly a winning manager.. We have a loser unfortunately and we're stuck with him because his surname means more to the fans than winning football matches and playing good football..

To the tune of the old Transformers cartoon -

"Bris Vegas,

Red Dog in disguiiiise."

Really, I've talked to a few lads who say it's great, en-suite rooms etc. They mentioned the Americans get like free mountain dew and **** all the time

Aye but I dont even have a job here, im literally sat waiting for my flight home. Boring as fook. I school boy'd it and didn't even bring a laptop this tour. Big mistake. Only so many books on a kindle you can read a day!

Given the choice between our current manager and that little oik you currently employ it would be NC all day long for me, do you reckon shorty will see the full season out at yours ?

This isn't even worth talking about. Its a fact Davies gets the best out of normal players and gets them playing above their level. Ala Derby during your promotion year and us when we finished third. Clough is a League One manager out of his depth.

Nice to see some sense form Bris as usual.. Although I have to say ity wouldn't surprise me if Derby finally finished above us. Got a bad feeling about this year.

PS: Looks like the forum morale police have banned the letters NL and N together and its replaced by Clough. Sensorship guys? Really? :lol:

strange how the "non league Nigel" stuff dropped away when you appointed Cotterill.....O Driscoll etc....but hey ho...so long as you enjoy it.

Still hurts that your boy hood hero would rather eat his own arm than manage you doesn't it... never mind....

:lol:  Boyhood hero. If Stuart pearce said he wouldn never manage Forest I might be abitr depressed but not this boring mumbling twerp you lot currently have as manager! :lol:  Probably the least inspiring man you would ever want to meet. Complete polar opposite of his old man.

Archived