Nigel Clough v Billy Davies debate, tactics etc..

Red_Dawn

Bris is completely right, we're a negative team... I mean the only reason we finished top half this season was due to the copious amount of 1-0 wins we had.

Oh wait

We are negative.. And if you're going on goals alone, 22 away goals all season is feckin dire..

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since 2009/10 season this is NC's away record with games and goals

2009/10 Played 23 Scored 13

2010/11 Played 23 Scored 12

2011/12 Played 23 Scored 22

2012/13 Played 23 Scored 22

He's yet to have a season where we've scored as many goals as games away from home

Proof that his sides are negative as feck away from home

What a dire record.

"d/13/06/27/2enate5y" alt="2enate5y">

Shorty - "I wish I hadn't thrown my toys out of the pram at Derby you know"

Kelly - "Aye, we'll never get another crack at a club like that again"

instead we're stuck here , at this dump !!

I do agree his name got him the Derby job.

But he isn't doing a bad job at all and is definitely ambitious.

The small minded look at the last few years as just mid table fodder. Others look at it as steadying the ship after a terrible few years financially, which most clubs have to get relegated to recover from.

I'll make my judgements on Clough at the end of the coming season, but apart from the odd blip/ questionable decisions, so far so good.

I think he's got a point, anywhere else Non League would have been fired ages ago. Only kept at Derby because theres no ambition and he has that last name

Nige was told from the onset his job was to massively cut wages, trim the squad and get rid of the deadwood. Why would he be sacked for this.

Living beyond your means will only end in disappointment, we are being run properly by people who know how to run successful businesses. We are not owned by mega rich easterners who only buy clubs as a play thing.

Unfortunately at this moment in time us rams fans can only look on in envy at florest & fester as their millions have got them playing at the highest level in English football........oh hang on.

How can you say he's a far better manager??? Out of all the seasons he's managed in the NPC he's achieved 1 promotion and that, in you're own words, was by playing dire football. You could look at it from the point of view that when the going gets really tough he bottles it. How many points clear of 3rd were we in Jan of that season? How lucky we're we not lose in the play off final. I was there and at the time, being drunk, I thought we were good value for the win but when I watched the game back the day after it was clear we were outplayed and had a vast amount of luck on the day...

Boy what a day though :-)

He got a rubbish team promoted.. That deserves credit..

And how is he much better? Simple really, in every season he's had at this level he's won more than he's lost.. Nigel on the other hand has yet to win more than he's lost in any of his seasons at this level..

Oh, and as for Cloughs first full 4 years at NPC level.. His away wins recorded 3, 5, 7, 4 total 19..

Billy Davies's negative sides.. First 4 full years.. 7, 9, 12, 7 total 35

So basically BD has recorded almost double the amount of away wins that NC has.. Yet Billy Davies is a poor/negative manager whilst Clough is a good/positive manager..

Sure.

First season under GB we scored 53 - this season we scored 65 under Clough. Just saying like. 

You mean GB's first full season where he had the likes of Pablo Mills and Izale Mcleod in the side? You're right, we battled hard but had one of the worst Derby sides I've ever seen..

Then in his second season he blitzed it..

As for Clough, 5 years and and still losing more than we're winning and not even scoring more than 22 away goals in a season..

Woeful.

And 43 at home is ******* brilliant  :lol: so? 

Everyone naturally attacks at home.. That's great we scored that amount..

But with the same players, using the same shirts, playing with the same ball, playing the same sport, infront of the same cameras, playing on the same colored grass and under the same species of spectators..

We only scored 22.. And that's our highest tally..

I wonder why?

Ah yes, because Nego Nigel wants us to play for the draw from kick off and boot it to the corners if we are approaching 70 minutes with the game still tied..

Everyone naturally attacks at home.. That's great we scored that amount..

But with the same players, using the same shirts, playing with the same ball, playing the same sport, infront of the same cameras, playing on the same colored grass and under the same species of spectators..

We only scored 22.. And that's our highest tally..

I wonder why?

Ah yes, because Nego Nigel wants us to play for the draw from kick off and boot it to the corners if we are approaching 70 minutes with the game still tied..

So you're suggesting that Nigel himself doesn't want to win away games? he purposely tells his players NOT to win and just go for the draw.

We have a poor away record but tactics don't lose you games, players do and I place the blame solely on their feet, not nigels. 

So you're suggesting that Nigel himself doesn't want to win away games? he purposely tells his players NOT to win and just go for the draw.

We have a poor away record but tactics don't lose you games, players do and I place the blame solely on their feet, not nigels. 

LOL so it's always the players fault then?

So QPR were so bad under Mark Hughes because of the players.. England failed to qualify for 2008 because of the players..

Why do managers even get sacked? When everything is the fault of the players.. Why doesn't Joe Bloggs just pick the side, hell why do football managers even exist?

LOL so it's always the players fault then?

So QPR were so bad under Mark Hughes because of the players.. England failed to qualify for 2008 because of the players..

Why do managers even get sacked? When everything is the fault of the players.. Why doesn't Joe Bloggs just pick the side, hell why do football managers even exist?

I'm just saying what Brian Clough said - maybe you know more than him too?  :ph34r:

Derby manager Nigel Clough was content to bank a point from the 2-2 draw at Sheffield Wednesday despite seeing his side throw away a two-goal lead. Clough said: "We were pleased to get a point away from home and to score another two goals on the back of the three last week.

Why are you pleased Nigel? We threw away a 2 goal lead..

Nigel Clough delighted with away point at Charlton

Why are you delighted with an away point Nigel? Charlton have a poor home record and were down to 10 men for the last 20 mins..

Rams manager Nigel Clough was pleased with the latest clean sheet in Saturday's goalless draw at Burnley.

"Sometimes away from home it can be a negative 0-0 but I didn't think that was the case at all," he said.

"But we didn't create many chances.

You're pleased with creating no chances Nigel?
Nigel Clough calls for Derby County to avoid defeat against Peterborough “The big thing is we don’t want to lose.”

Negative fecker.

Archived