Most people agree 4-3-3 is the likely formation next season....

ChaddesdenRam

What are everyones thoughts on this formation?

Positives and Negatives.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Grant

Brayford Keogh New CB New LB

Bryson Hughes Hendrick 

Russell Sammon Ward

-----------------------------------------------------------------

In the midfield we have Ben Davies and Paul Coutts as the players who could come in.

In attack we have Michael Jacobs and Chris Martin as the players who could come in. 

Personally I think the fact that Russell and Ward are so attacking will mean it will not become a negative 451 which is problem we had last season, especially away from home.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shabash

Would much prefer to see this mate.

Grant

Brayford keogh Buxton freeman/new

Hendrick. Bryson

Russell. Hughes. Ward

Sammon

Keep the ball on the deck upto sammon with those 3 behind him surely well be banging them in pluss with Hendrick and Bryso holding gives us more of a threat on the counter..

Shabash

Would much prefer to see this mate.

Grant

Brayford keogh Buxton freeman/new

Hendrick. Bryson

Russell. Hughes. Ward

Sammon

Keep the ball on the deck upto sammon with those 3 behind him surely well be banging them in pluss with Hendrick and Bryso holding gives us more of a threat on the counter..

Hendrick is useless holding, I think Hughes would be more suited to the holding role.

Grant;
Brayford / Freeman, Keogh, Buxton / new CB, Forsyth.
Hughes, Hendrick, Bryson;
Russell, Sammon, Ward.

Is the way forward I reckon, only way to keep players in their natural position + Keeping the best players on the pitch.

We'll have Coutts who could come in for a CM role, the good thing is as well if we get a few injuries, we can change the formation and still have a good starting 11.

We will see, I just hope Nigel doesn't play Craig Bryson on the left. DOES NOT WORK NIGE.

What are everyones thoughts on this formation?

Positives and Negatives.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Grant

Brayford Keogh New CB New LB

Bryson Hughes Hendrick

Russell Sammon Ward

-----------------------------------------------------------------

In the midfield we have Ben Davies and Paul Coutts as the players who could come in.

In attack we have Michael Jacobs and Chris Martin as the players who could come in.

Personally I think the fact that Russell and Ward are so attacking will mean it will not become a negative 451 which is problem we had last season, especially away from home.

Grant

Brayford Keogh (New man/Bucko) (New man/Freeman)

Coutts Hendrick Bryson Ward (attacking)

Sammon Russell

I'd be very annoyed if Ward, Sammon, Martin and Russell were all on the pitch at the same time. This is a squad game and the successful teams are the ones that rotate their players best and keep their players freshest at all times a a result. 4-4-2 attacking is good enough for us.

Nigel said:

We're trying to get four strikers of a good quality on the books and with Chris Martin, Jamie Ward and Conor Sammon here for next season, we are now looking to bring one more in...The plan is to rotate our forwards a little bit more next season to make sure they're a bit fresher and allow them to have a greater impact in matches, whether that's from the start or coming off the bench.

To me that means we're going to play 442 as our standard next season.

Nigel said:

We're trying to get four strikers of a good quality on the books and with Chris Martin, Jamie Ward and Conor Sammon here for next season, we are now looking to bring one more in...The plan is to rotate our forwards a little bit more next season to make sure they're a bit fresher and allow them to have a greater impact in matches, whether that's from the start or coming off the bench.

To me that means we're going to play 442 as our standard next season.

He's also said we're working on a system that allows us to play Hughes, Hendrick and Bryson in centre midfield. 

:wacko:

He's also said we're working on a system that allows us to play Hughes, Hendrick and Bryson in centre midfield. 

:wacko:

I don't think he did quite say that, although I could have missed something. He didn't mention 'centre' - I think people just added that bit in though wishful thinking.

Back to the Hughes, Hendrick, Bryson dilemma, Clough said: “We have to be flexible and we are looking at different ways to accommodate them.”

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Nicholson-s-unmissable-Rams-season-review/story-18992684-detail/story.html

Flexible last season meant playing Hughes or Bryson out wide. Maybe it'll be different next season, but I still reckon the evidence suggests 442.

I think Hughes would be more suited to the holding role.

NO!

My biggest gripe about Clough at the moment is using Hughes as the deepest midfielder. He is NOT a holding midfielder, his game is not about standing in one place and 'spraying balls'. Playing him in such a role is really limiting his impact.

He is much better further up, using his skill to get at players and playing incisive passes from a position that directly creates chances for others.

Nigel is a 442 man. He's not a tactical innovator, let's face it. He gets a nose bleed on football manager when he clicks all out attacking.

You forgot he sometimes plays either the 451, or if defending a lead 730

Most likely he will go for 451, with ward and russell out wide, sammon up top, after a few games though, it will become a 4411 with Sammon on the bench, Russell up front and Martin behind him....you heard it here first :wacko:

The good thing about the 4-3-3 formation with Sammon, Russell and Ward starting is that all three can play more centrally. 

Therefore the formation could easily revert back to 4-4-2 with either Ward or Russell dropping back into right/left midfield and the other playing along side Sammon.

Then either Bryson or Hughes could play out wide or Coutts/Bavies could come on to balance it up.

In all honesty, the strength of the first team squad is looking pretty good now. We have some quality attacking players with good squad players on the bench. Having the options to change it around in the midfield/attack quite easily should only be a bonus.

Just hope we get more depth in defence... only having a fit Keogh and Buxton wont be enough at the start of the season...

Archived