Most people agree 4-3-3 is the likely formation next season....

ChaddesdenRam

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

because we are all so ******* brilliant - hands up who's making a living out of coaching/managing in professional football...

(not a poke at anyone -  just asking) 

I think you'll find that some on here have a far better knowledge of managing a football club, buying and selling players, coaching, training, motivating, attracting players without being able to offer them Man City or Notts Forest type money and generally running a multi-million pound league club with huge support and immense expectation and pressure than the professional person who's currently doing it.  :rolleyes:

I think you'll find that some on here have a far better knowledge of managing a football club, buying and selling players, coaching, training, motivating, attracting players without being able to offer them Man City or Notts Forest type money and generally running a multi-million pound league club with huge support and immense expectation and pressure than the professional person who's currently doing it.  :rolleyes:

Ssssh, you'll blow my cover

Problem with 433 as lot are suggesting is, what about Russell?

I know he could play wide but are people seriously suggesting after finally finding a goal scorer we stick him out wide?

Agree with this. And in addition to this, Russell is best when you let him go where he needs to up font.

3 actual strikers for me not a striker and two wide players. 3 strikers with a bit of freedom to interchange positions, Ward dropping wide left, Russell and Sammon through the middle. Bit more fluid but it looks to me like ward will play left mid anyway so i dont imagine it will be 4-3-3 after all

We should play whatever Nigel wants us to play. I don't hold with these silly formations anyway - as Arthur* once said, "We attack as a team, we defend as a team".

Therefore, we play 11-11-11.

*He also said "Pure journalistic speculation", so feel free to discount anything I've said as rubbish.

I don't know what formation the manager will play but I know 1 thing bryso will be in the middle of the midfield with an other that is a certainty

You say this like Clough's never inexplicably played him out wide.

Keep the rugby style passing up away from home and we'll keep our poor away record.

Why do we play with 2 solid banks of 4? 2 stiff lines?

Doesn't make us solid. Don't need a coaching badge to see that. Players? Manager? Formation?

We are poor away the majority of the time. We think a point away from home is good wherever and whenever.

We are poor away the majority of the time. We think a point away from home is good wherever and whenever.

I disagree... We get poor results away from home but I've seen at least 3 games last season where we played well and didn't get a result... and the reports I read suggested that we played well in a lot of our away games, but can't turn the play into goals on the road...

I disagree... We get poor results away from home but I've seen at least 3 games last season where we played well and didn't get a result... and the reports I read suggested that we played well in a lot of our away games, but can't turn the play into goals on the road...

In the early months we were good and at Wolves deserved to win by a 4/5 had Ward and Sammon took their chances.. Then it became where we'd knock it around ok but mostly across the midfield and back again. Decent but we barely threatened.

We've been like 18th or lower in the away league table since we were relegated i think. The gutting thing is if our away results were even average last year we would have had an exciting run in.

I always think we've cracked it in the early season. Then as the season goes on we look less and less likely to win.

Palace and Millwall (?) and P'Boro away were really poor last season. We played like we were 2-0 up from the first leg or something.

At home we all go to games thinking that even if we go 1-0 down we can win. Away we go and hope we can draw before kick off!

Fingers crossed for next season. We have played well away last season more than any other I can remember under Nigel. Steps in the right direction.

So...really there has been one massive dip in home form...and one large dip in away form...against a general upward trend.

The concern is what we already know...the huge difference of last season between home and away form. But a new season...a new graph to plot!

In the early months we were good and at Wolves deserved to win by a 4/5 had Ward and Sammon took their chances.. Then it became where we'd knock it around ok but mostly across the midfield and back again. Decent but we barely threatened.

We've been like 18th or lower in the away league table since we were relegated i think. The gutting thing is if our away results were even average last year we would have had an exciting run in.

I always think we've cracked it in the early season. Then as the season goes on we look less and less likely to win.

Palace and Millwall (?) and P'Boro away were really poor last season. We played like we were 2-0 up from the first leg or something.

At home we all go to games thinking that even if we go 1-0 down we can win. Away we go and hope we can draw before kick off!

Fingers crossed for next season. We have played well away last season more than any other I can remember under Nigel. Steps in the right direction.

Have you got your season ticket yet?

Archived