Most people agree 4-3-3 is the likely formation next season....

ChaddesdenRam

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clough has said that we're more comfortable with 4-4-2, so I think he'll scrap 4-3-3 unless he plays it for away games.

He also said that 'We're getting closer to out starting 11'. With Eustace starting I wonder if he'll be seen as first choice?

Probably a 4-1-3-2 formation could be used?

-------------------------------Grant----------------------------

Brayford-----------Buxton----------Keogh--------Forsyth

------------------------------Eustace----------------------------

---------Coutts------------Hughes------------Bryson--------

------------------Russell--------------Martin--------------------

He also said that 'We're getting closer to out starting 11'. With Eustace starting I wonder if he'll be seen as first choice?

I think the DET said Bryson and Coutts were carrying niggles so weren't played... Would imagine with both of them available Eustace would slip down the pecking order...

Going off Clough' comments after the Burton game he still think we're stronger playing 4-4-2.

So..

Grant

Brayf Keogh Buxton Forsyth

Coutts Jeff Bryson Ward

Russell Martin

?

Would of liked us to have 1 more 'tough' away game playing this 4-3-3

Grant

Brayf Buxton Keogh Forsyth

Coutts Eustace Bryson

Russell Sammon Ward

As has been mentioned, I think Bryson and Coutts missing forced his hand into trying things a bit differently last night. I would also imagine he's still evaluating Eustace and how he can be utilised, hence his involvement in the trial.

Said last season that Hughes should be sold for the progress of the team, as harsh as it sounds.

So therefore he doesn't merit a place in your team? Or is this the team that you'd play if Hughes wasn't there, because if not I think you may be mad. On his day Hughes is the best player in the league, or at the very least the best on the pitch.

Got to pick your best players!

So therefore he doesn't merit a place in your team? Or is this the team that you'd play if Hughes wasn't there, because if not I think you may be mad. On his day Hughes is the best player in the league, or at the very least the best on the pitch.

Got to pick your best players!

For instance, the only reason we were playing with Martin and Sammon towards the end of the season was because Hughes was out.

So for me to sit on the fence and reverse the question to you, would you pick Hughes ahead of Russell?

I think it will be 4-4-2, at least first up.

I would guess;

Grant

Brayford (i hope) - keogh - Bucko - Forsyth

Coutts - Hughes - Bryson - ward

Russell - Martin

The two obvious omissions are Hendrick and Sammon who (as has been mentioned) have played a lot of football over the summer and so would benefit most from extending their break. Clough has already dropped hints that Sammon could start the season off the bench.

The weakest link in that midfield based on last year is Coutts - the problem is that he is the only CM we have who has had any success out wide, except Hughes when he first came in. Bryson was tried on the left and it failed and Hendrick on the right against Burton also did not go well.

The one change I can see based on that is to drop Coutts, play Hughes on the right and bring in Hendrick to the middle, that would make us stronger player for player but we would lose Hughes' influence in the middle

Bench in the first instance would be Lego (if here), Hendrick, Sammon, Davies, Freeman, Bennett, Eustace - leaves us short on CB cover (Gjokaj) but Bray can cover there and bring on Freeman and Eustace at a push and it is better to have attacking options really - shows the value of Brayford.

It is a decent bench, Tyson or Theo would obviously be in the mix as well if here, maybe pushing Davies out

For instance, the only reason we were playing with Martin and Sammon towards the end of the season was because Hughes was out.

So for me to sit on the fence and reverse the question to you, would you pick Hughes ahead of Russell?

Well they play in two completely different positions, so you can't really compare them.

Clough will play both Russell and Hughes because they will link up excellently together because their both intelligent players. Hughes would be my first name on the team sheet. When Hughes isn't playing we have Bryson and Hendrick in the middle of the park, and we seem to lack that killer ball and become more of a hard working team, which is still no bad thing, however we struggle to break down better teams without Hughes in the middle.

So to summarise yes, I would. To buy a like-for-like replacement for Hughes would cost the best part of £5 or 6 million - to buy a player similar to Russell would probably cost about £2 million.

We have to play 4-3-3 if Brayford leaves IMO

Coutts at RM without Brayford just isn't good enough, they complimented each other so well, it's a shame they'll never play together again.

We can play with 3 CM's and still rotate

CM's:

Hendrick

Hughes

Bryson

Coutts

Bavies (when needed)

Eustace

Bailey?

All of those on rotation should be good and on the topic of Bailey, he looked good alongside an experienced CM like Savage, maybe him and Eustace would be a similarly effective partnership? 

Attackers:

Russell (Wing)

Ward (Wing)

Martin (ST)

Sammon (ST)

Jacobs (Wing)

Bavies (when needed could play CM or RW)

Archived