Lee Grant

sage

Vaughan - 14 goals in champ

Russell - 13 goals in spl

Just saying

Agree with grigg tho.

Vaughan's injury record is what scares me. Although, 1 in the Champ is worth 2 in the SPL generally. I'd certainly take someone with Vaughan's record over Russell.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How does it work? only I thought it was if they came through the youth set up. Cresswell started his career at Tranmere

No if the player is under 24 as long as the club have offered them at least the same terms they are due compensation, how much is determined by how long they have been at the club, how much potential they have and how much they have developed at the current club.

After reading what clough has said in the DET I'm glad he accepts that neither fielding or lego has been good enough. Some fans so to like fielding but for me he has never been that good. Bywater was slightly better to be honest (last season he lost the plot though).

So was fielding a good signing or not for 300k? He hasn't really been Amy better than bywater but cheaper wages.

He was at the time. Just because it didn't work out, it doesn't mean it was a poor signing. An U21 goalkeeper as a replacement for your rubbish one at £300k was a risk worth taking. But it was exactly that - a risk. He hasn't developed as a player, and some pride has been swallowed and it's been accepted that he's not for us.

The debate in this for me is whether Fielding got the best coaching during his time here. Which I really would debate.

He was at the time. Just because it didn't work out, it doesn't mean it was a poor signing. An U21 goalkeeper as a replacement for your rubbish one at £300k was a risk worth taking. But it was exactly that - a risk. He hasn't developed as a player, and some pride has been swallowed and it's been accepted that he's not for us.

The debate in this for me is whether Fielding got the best coaching during his time here. Which I really would debate.

I don't think Fielding is really all that ambitious, maybe his relaxed attitude is what let him down in his progression.

I don't think Fielding is really all that ambitious, maybe his relaxed attitude is what let him down in his progression.

He said once he wanted to be England's number 1 - but they're just words I suppose. You're probably right.

How does it work? only I thought it was if they came through the youth set up. Cresswell started his career at Tranmere

Any players moving within England at the expiration of their contract under the age of 24 require compensation, regardless of where they started, so long as they have been offered by deal at their current club on equal or greater terms than their previous contract.

Any players moving within England at the expiration of their contract under the age of 24 require compensation, regardless of where they started, so long as they have been offered by deal at their current club on equal or greater terms than their previous contract.

Are people getting confused with the "trained for 3 years under the age of 21" rule? I think that just applies to classification as a home-grown player?

Are people getting confused with the "trained for 3 years under the age of 21" rule? I think that just applies to classification as a home-grown player?

There's also solidarity payments, and then there's the fun with when clubs are allowed to talk with out of contract players. I lot of people don't know how complex some the rules get, but they've heard bits and pieces in the media and I've noticed that it generally isn't well understood by people.

Are you a professional goalkeeper or a professional goalkeeping coach, Do you watch Derby's training on a regular basis, have you seen Fielding's coach working with him? Have you seen other goalkeepers being coached at other clubs?

Are you a professional goalkeeper or a professional goalkeeping coach, Do you watch Derby's training on a regular basis, have you seen Fielding's coach working with him? Have you seen other goalkeepers being coached at other clubs?

Martin Taylor's got a pretty good reputation

Well no, and that's why it's debateable, and not a firm case. It's just it's been three goalkeepers in a row that have either failed to progress at all or gone drastically down hill, struggling with the same things.

Didn't realise my post was that bad :unsure:

Well no, and that's why it's debateable, and not a firm case. It's just it's been three goalkeepers in a row that have either failed to progress at all or gone drastically down hill, struggling with the same things.

Nothing wrong with your post!

Just not sure why you're so eager to debate something, you know little about. That may seem harsh, but your knowledge is limited to what you see, ie an outcome of the process, how could you debate this in a detailed way? Do you wish to debate this with other posters who have the same restricted viewpoint or with the coaches?

Archived