Summer Transfer Activity

ChaddesdenRam

Sorry was being tongue in cheek, as the last part of my mail said," god I was so p**sed off the day we signed him" & especially for double the fee Wigan paid. Working on that basis Andy Carrol must be worth 70m now.... Lets be honest we take a lucky dip approach to our signings hoping to occasionally win the raffle (like with Brayford)....

The fact we have a decent crop of decent youngsters coming through masks a lot....would I trust us to invest the money wisely if we sold our best young talent??? based on Salmon & Keogh (in my opinion) no I wouldnt.

Everyone goes on about the wonders that Cough is working with the youth, but all of them apart from Leylan and Lowe were already there, so he can't take any plaudits for Bringing them in and developing them. The coach running the under 16s until recently has a higher coaching qualification than Clough which I find embarrassing for Derby. Sam Rush needs to have a long hard look at this for what it is.... A mess. I'm hoping he sorts it out.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone goes on about the wonders that Cough is working with the youth, but all of them apart from Leylan and Lowe were already there, so he can't take any plaudits for Bringing them in and developing them. The coach running the under 16s until recently has a higher coaching qualification than Clough which I find embarrassing for Derby. Sam Rush needs to have a long hard look at this for what it is.... A mess. I'm hoping he sorts it out.

He can take plaudits for giving Hendrick, O'Brien, Bennett and Hughes a chance though. One thing's for sure - it wouldn't have happened under Jewell.

Why do you find his qualifications embarrassing? I don't see anyone laughing at us about it? If anything, the clubs below us should be embarrassed.

What is a mess??

We've got a young winger in Jacobs, give me an experienced wide man any time, it's what this team needs. Don't want to see any more youngsters or unproven players in thanks, they won't take us to the next level. Unfortunately though, history dictates that will be the pool the manager is fishing in.

Given what NC said recently, I expect Martin to sign permanently and Robinson to do likewise (for someone else). Other than that, who knows?

As for a "goalscorer", you're looking at £2 million to sign the sort of goalscorer we are all on about (20 goals plus). So we can but hope rather than expect.

Agree with Ward, Brayford and Bryson, need to tie them down.

Or maybe we already had one in the squad but because he made Clough angry by putting something on Twitter we let him go out on loan...and if I remember correctly he cost nowhere near £2million.

You always try and make out you know the full ins and outs of the club, and make claims that you think will anger people, but not once have you got the desired effect or prediction correct. I thought Will Hughes was going by last xmas? How do you know what qualifications Clough and co have got? The article in the mirror linking clough to forest when they needed an exit strategy to stop themselves looking foolish?

Or maybe we already had one in the squad but because he made Clough angry by putting something on Twitter we let him go out on loan...and if I remember correctly he cost nowhere near £2million.

At any point since he arrived did you think Theo was the answer to our needs G Star? I find that staggering.

I didn't expect someone with your pedigree of posting to start pushing the clough falls out with his players line, what's happened to make you change your angle so much, have you lost whatever faith you had in him?

I'd mention again that on the goalscoring front we're doing fine without that mystical 20 goal a season man. It's conceding too many that's the issue now and no amount of Theo sulking or going on twitter is going to help that.

Clough will sign a player because of the way he has played at his old club, but when he comes to Derby he won't be the same player because Clough does not allow players to express themselves and be creative. You will notice this when a player tries to something a bit different, Clough goes mad, expletives come out his mouth, and for sure he will let the player know that he's not impressed. The players are scared to play because Clough has a habit of falling out with players that don't in the way he wants to play which IMO is a negative approach. We can say that he needs a striker to just score goals, but this is why he signed Sammon, but when he's come into the side and not scored as often as a 1m striker should, to save Cloughs embarrassment he now says that Sammon is In the team to "work hard". IMO Clough does not know what he's doing. He would do well in a L2 club but he's not a Championship Manager.

I agree with the Sammon point. I think Nigel is giving him much more of a chance than others aswell. It seems as if Sammon can do nothing wrong in his eyes. But, Nigel's tactics don't help Sammon's performance. His not good enough to play up front by himself. Clough wants him to be the big man up front and hold the ball up, but it never happens. When you see other centre forwards like Lambert and Holt, they are clever and make runs in behind. Iv not seen Sammon do this once.

Name: Theo Larayan Ronaldo Robinson

Playing position: Striker

Appearances: 80

Minutes: 4428

Minutes per game: 55

Goals: 20

Goals per 90 minutes: 0.407

Assists: 3

Assists per 90 minutes: 0.061

Style: Theo Theo Theo

Clough will sign a player because of the way he has played at his old club, but when he comes to Derby he won't be the same player because Clough does not allow players to express themselves and be creative. You will notice this when a player tries to something a bit different, Clough goes mad, expletives come out his mouth, and for sure he will let the player know that he's not impressed. The players are scared to play because Clough has a habit of falling out with players that don't in the way he wants to play which IMO is a negative approach. We can say that he needs a striker to just score goals, but this is why he signed Sammon, but when he's come into the side and not scored as often as a 1m striker should, to save Cloughs embarrassment he now says that Sammon is In the team to "work hard". IMO Clough does not know what he's doing. He would do well in a L2 club but he's not a Championship Manager.

You're an embarrassment actually. Have you read some of the drivel you post? Name some players that Clough has "fallen out with" rather than just falling out of favour. Give us an example, and clearly demonstrate a player being dropped merely for Clough being stubborn instead of a player falling out of favour.

Then there's this nonsense about "not being the same player" once they've signed. Strikers who have had their best goal returns at this level under Nigel:

Rob Hulse

Kris Commons

Steve Davies

Jamie Ward

Theo Robinson

Maybe they are different once they are here, better in fact.

You're an embarrassment actually. Have you read some of the drivel you post? Name some players that Clough has "fallen out with" rather than just falling out of favour. Give us an example, and clearly demonstrate a player being dropped merely for Clough being stubborn instead of a player falling out of favour.

Then there's this nonsense about "not being the same player" once they've signed. Strikers who have had their best goal returns at this level under Nigel:

Rob Hulse

Kris Commons

Steve Davies

Jamie Ward

Theo Robinson

Maybe they are different once they are here, better in fact.

I knew that I would get some stick for posting, but I'm not bothered. The difference between you and me is that you speculate and form opinions based on what you may or may not read on here, and I make my comments based on what I know. I don't have to spend my time trying to convince you.

I'm not saying that their goal returns are bad, what I'm saying is that they are not allowed to express themselves or be creative. We don't have a bad squad, but under different management this current squad would do much better. Clough's man management is non existent. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I respect that.

I knew that I would get some stick for posting, but I'm not bothered. The difference between you and me is that you speculate and form opinions based on what you may or may not read on here, and I make my comments based on what I know. I don't have to spend my time trying to convince you.

I'm not saying that their goal returns are bad, what I'm saying is that they are not allowed to express themselves or be creative. We don't have a bad squad, but under different management this current squad would do much better. Clough's man management is non existent. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I respect that.

It's okay everybody, it's okay, he knows he right, we can all go home now...

People cannot be serious about Theo? I must watch a different game to everyone else, if anyone no-matter how much I like them comes to me and says 'I play in the championship, the second division of english football and earn decent money for it' and then can't trap a ball.. they need to take a long hard look.

Sammon

Tyson

Theo..

in that order - none of them are brilliant footballers, but you've got a strong quick one who will bully players, you've got a quick one who will run like a gazelle and you've got one who scores from 6 yards out, but and I'm not just saying this... is probably at the same standard as players in the sunday league from outside the box.

Wind ya neck in Albert. It is possible for someone to know something that you don't.

Yes, of course it is. Is it possible for you to actually consider for a second that Nigel may have done something right at some point? To me it seems you have a tendency to just ignore the facts to get right back to another dig at Nigel. The statistics in this case are in clear favour of Nigel getting a lot out of strikers who haven't fired well at other clubs, and attacking midfielders, yet you seem to think that they "are not allowed to express themselves or be creative". Now, this means that either Nigel is actually being rigid in this way, and it's working in that we are getting more out of the players, or that you're just waffling to squeeze the tiniest negative out of something that you think there isn't readily available evidence to disprove, at least nothing clear cut.

The difference between you and me is that you speculate and form opinions based on what you may or may not read on here, and I make my comments based on what I know.

I KNOW that by that statement you are in fact quite ignorant...

But that could just be an OPNION...

See if you can work out the little lesson I'm giving you here.

Wind ya neck in Albert. It is possible for someone to know something that you don't.

Davey its fine to make claims of knowing things others don't but for others to believe/accept/give you the benefit of the doubt you need to offer something that can back up what you are saying otherwise you just become somebody who makes claims without backing them up, you can always say i don't give a toss what others think but then there is little in posting a claim in the first place.

I KNOW that by that statement you are in fact quite ignorant...

But that could just be an OPNION...

See if you can work out the little lesson I'm giving you here.

Not at all. There's a difference between fact and speculation. Forums are all about debate, so it's fine.

Giving the other the chance to battle for a contract and the gloves. I have liked having two good keepers, and unless one or the other wants out, I don't see a reason to change that. If we do lose either, we would need to seriously consider resigning one of Atkins or Deeney

Yeah or you could just resign Lee Camp who will become a free agent in the summer and is only at Norwich because Ruddy is out for the season 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Davey its fine to make claims of knowing things others don't but for others to believe/accept/give you the benefit of the doubt you need to offer something that can back up what you are saying otherwise you just become somebody who makes claims without backing them up, you can always say i don't give a toss what others think but then there is little in posting a claim in the first place.

I take your point but its not always easy to say how you know something because I'm guessing that a lot of people on here go under different names to conceal identities etc, and I'm no different.

Archived