Summer Transfer Activity

ChaddesdenRam

From listening to the interviews etc from both Martin and Clough I got the impression that Martin was likely to be a permanent signing as long as this month goes well.

I think the deal is initially a month as there are questions over his attitude (my guess).

I think that whilst Keogh is fairly similar to Shackell in terms of ability he isnt the leader that Shackell was and this is what weve missed this year. Barker returning will obviously be the missing ingredient assuming he comes back as he was.

Our downfall this season has been not taking our chances while on top, particularly away from home. And conceding soft goals, which i think is down to the leadership/organisation issue, particularly from set pieces.

We really do need a somebody more clinical up front and some leadership at the back to progress. I think the midfield as it is has the ability to get us in the top 6. Controlling or getting a foothold in the game and retaining the ball has never really been an issue. Add to that they are all of an age where they should improve again next season we're onto a winner.

I think Martin has technical ability which makes him different from Sammon who's more of a battering ram. Martin obviously has some ability I think its a case of whether we can get him fit and performing.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does that 100% mean there is an option?

Listening to Martin's post match interview,it seems there's a 100% option that Norwich could exercise on his contract,so it's not a straightforward 'out of contract' situation.

Ok so

He is out of contract in the summer.

Norwich have an option of extending his contract by one year.

We have him for an initial 28 days.

We have an option of extending the loan to the end of the season.

If we tie him down on loan till the end of the season we will also within that have an option of permanent deal at any point leading up to or after the loan.

Dean Sturridge was a hugely frustrating player but had one good season supported by a very good team. That season we went up. I would say if Ward could play up front for 40 odd games he could get 20+ goals. It's just whether we can keep Ward on the pitch enough.

I'm much more concerned about our defending, centre half in particular.

Ok so

If we tie him down on loan till the end of the season we will also within that have an option of permanent deal at any point leading up to or after the loan.

sorting out this sort of situation should be Sam rush's forte and I would expect all the ground has been prepared for a permanent deal, provided Martin shows enough this month

Ok so

Up to 30 June we'll only have an option of a permanent deal if Norwich agree we have such option.We might like to sign him on a permanent,but this isn't the same as a formal arrangement.

I doubt the player would have mentioned Norwich's option if it were out of the equation.

It looks as though we will be losing many players this season:

I have used Football Manager 2013 to determine player wages because they are usually quite accurate in fairness.

Nathan Tyson - Small fee to lower wages 8k (a week)

Theo Robinson - Out of contract 3.5k

Tom Naylor - Small fee 2k

Gareth Roberts - Retiring 3.5k

Conor Doyle - Released 1.5k

Ben Davies - 100-300k 3.5k

Saul Deeney - Small fee require 0.75k

Ross Atkins - '' 1k

Frank Fielding - 500k- 1 million 7k

James Bailey - 400k maximum 1 year left on contract 3.5k

The ones that perhaps might not happen are Frank Fielding, Tom Naylor and Ben Davies

However that is still a lot of movement.

Because of this I think we will see one of three outcomes:

1. We sign 3/4 good players probably 2 players that we pay decent sized fees for

2. We sign a left back and Chris Martin and hope Barker is fit and still quality

3. Will Hughes is sold for dollar and blows everything out the water

Don't use football manager.. It's not very accurate.Lol. There's also a one year option on Theo which the club are likely to activate.

Don't use football manager.. It's not very accurate.Lol. There's also a one year option on Theo which the club are likely to activate.

Dont worry from the reaction thats gone down on here i wont be using FM 2013 on here any time soon thats for sure.

Just for the record i already knew we had a one year extension on Robinson but I dont even think we will activate it. I think he will go on a free.

I've consulted angry birds again and they say Robinson's option will not be taken up, we'll let his contract run down and let him go on a free.

Norwich will activate Martin's option so we have to pay a million for him to get him at the end of the season.

I'm getting a bit f******d off with Angry Birds TBH.

I've consulted angry birds again and they say Robinson's option will not be taken up, we'll let his contract run down and let him go on a free.

Norwich will activate Martin's option so we have to pay a million for him to get him at the end of the season.

Those angry birds' temperament seems to be rubbing off on you.

Who would you drop, Hughes, Coutts or Jacobs? The reason I say a young winger is because I wouldn't expect them to be an immediate starter, more a young player from the lower leagues to give us that other option for a bit of extra width.

Whilst I say goalscorer, I don't mean proven Championship goalscorer and I expect that this player may very well end up being Martin.

We've got exactly that in Jacobs, do we need another?

Wouldn't Martin have to agree with the extension?

Hello Guys and girls im a regular reader of dcfcfans forum but never made a post before.I have read through this particular topic and felt I might have some interesting points/information for you.If you look at the current contracts page it shows we have a number of key players going into their last year which means we either extend or sell.according to the lady on bbc news east midlands she says that brayford wants to stay at derby despite interest from prem clubs and also extend his contract source her twitter page if anyone knows her actual name.I think the Goalkeeping situation is a good thing as we currently have two young in terms of keepers talented guys.Imo fielding is better and should start but Adam suits our style better with his height and better kicking ability. As already mentioned above a striker and left back are probably top priority positions should we recruit. Firstly we currently have 3 strikers away on loan Theo, Tyson and Ball.Sammon and Ward at the club. Martin on loan and Bennett and Thomas Up and coming.Thats 8 strikers to field in the U21s and First team but imo the last 2 and Ward are the only ones of any quality.But Ball is someone I do like I feel a loan to Coventry has wasted everyones time as Ball needs to work a lot on his fitness and his physical attributes and would have been better served working hard here at Moor farm and playing in the u21s.So overall Unless we ship out 3 of those strikers I seriously doubt a 1m+ striker will be brought in.As for the Left back position like everyone else im aware of our interest in aidy white (again) which makes me wonder why we didn't accept his apparent high wage demands when he was out of contract in the summer. Surely now he's under contract he would be in the driving seat in terms of negotiating. Overall with this one we have Hoganson who only got offered a one year deal which makes me wonder whether clough had doubts with him. As he offered the other trialist more years and Rhys Sharpe and Max Lowe. Many people might mention Freeman aswell but he is a right back and during his interviews has stated he is more comfortable and prefers playing there. The information I have is that I have been told that we are looking at young winger Jon Taylor at Shrewsbury who is out of contract in the summer 20/21 I think and also Walsall striker Will grigg whos also 20/21 and out of contract in the summer. Would be smart business if a small fee can be arranged both got potential from what I have heard and seen and looking at their styles offer us something different in their positions from what we have. Both are hard working closing down type players so can see why clough like them but both are inconsistent and need work.Maybe a trial before hand if possible would be better should it become true that we are interested.Thanks for reading

We've got exactly that in Jacobs, do we need another?

Well, yes... One of things that people have been picking on Clough's selections for this season is a lack of width. People go on about Hughes, Coutts and Bryson being out in wide positions despite being central midfielders. Within the squad we really only have Jacobs as a natural wide player, whilst Jamie is comfortable there. Another young wide player, in particular one who is right sided, would give us that extra option that we lack. In a squad sense they could replace Ben Davies within the squad if we choose not to retain him at season's end. Basically, it's about giving the side options for next season. I'm not sure if we'll go for it, but that's certainly something that I would feel should be considered.

Archived