Summer Transfer Activity

ChaddesdenRam

There have been times in the past .......when Addison was manager, when Pickering got rid of Cox, when Docherty was manager.....when if we were losing £££££s per annum then the board would sell the more valuable assets e.g. like brayford, keogh, bryson, ward and trouser most of the cash.

I'm wondering whether we will be facing a summer of sales rather than signings.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There have been times in the past .......when Addison was manager, when Pickering got rid of Cox, when Docherty was manager.....when if we were losing £££££s per annum then the board would sell the more valuable assets e.g. like brayford, keogh, bryson, ward and trouser most of the cash.

I'm wondering whether we will be facing a summer of sales rather than signings.

Are you genuinely suggesting that Pickering sold players to top up his own coffers?

....there have been times when sales generated funds to pay off the creditors etc and money was not available to reinvest.

People have assumed that if we sold hughes etc then there would be significant funds to reinvest.

Its not necessarily the case.

In fact its actually quite surprising that we are not being primed to expect sales.....isn't it?

....there have been times when sales generated funds to pay off the creditors etc and money was not available to reinvest.

People have assumed that if we sold hughes etc then there would be significant funds to reinvest.

Its not necessarily the case.

In fact its actually quite surprising that we are not being primed to expect sales.....isn't it?

Maybe we aren't being primed to expect sales, because there won't be any major sales?

I honestly don't think we will be forced to sell in order to top up the balance sheets. If someone like Hughes was sold I would imagine it would be purely to assist the team, as in that money would buy a few players to assist the team overall (should we trust the funds to be spent wisely, I know some would and some wouldn't on here).

I genuinely feel that the club is healthier as a business and the investment is in the right areas. I'm sick of hearing fans moaning that football clubs aren't being run like they used to be and that money isn't just being thrown in and the owners getting in more debt just in the hope we can get some success. Why we feel football should be like that I do not know. I much prefer the idea of having a good Acadamey, training facilities and coaching staff. There would be an amount invested in the team each year but throwing millions about isn't the answer. The unfortunate thing is we live in a world that wants everything now and so people won't stand for it.

My concern remains about getting the right players in and playing well in the attacking 3rd. For me, if we still don't have that working by this time next year I wouldn't expect us to ever get better and would be hoping for a change of management.

Maybe we aren't being primed to expect sales, because there won't be any major sales?

Yes possibly......and if so the board perhaps deserve some credit for that whether or not there is significant money to spend in the summer.....thats my point really.

Archived