Summer Transfer Activity

ChaddesdenRam

It looks as though we will be losing many players this season:

I have used Football Manager 2013 to determine player wages because they are usually quite accurate in fairness.

Nathan Tyson - Small fee to lower wages 8k (a week)

Theo Robinson - Out of contract 3.5k

Tom Naylor - Small fee 2k

Gareth Roberts - Retiring 3.5k

Conor Doyle - Released 1.5k

Ben Davies - 100-300k 3.5k

Saul Deeney - Small fee require 0.75k

Ross Atkins - '' 1k

Frank Fielding - 500k- 1 million 7k

James Bailey - 400k maximum 1 year left on contract 3.5k

The ones that perhaps might not happen are Frank Fielding, Tom Naylor and Ben Davies

However that is still a lot of movement.

Because of this I think we will see one of three outcomes:

1. We sign 3/4 good players probably 2 players that we pay decent sized fees for

2. We sign a left back and Chris Martin and hope Barker is fit and still quality

3. Will Hughes is sold for dollar and blows everything out the water

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used angry birds to predict that nobody's going to pay 500k-1 million for a keeper that can't get in a mid table championship side, and that we won't be able to give Bailey and Tyson away.

Frank is one of the high paid players and so Clough would be more inclined to let Frank go out of the two. He is a good keeper and would bring in a good fee maybe 1 million is ambitious on second thoughts but 500k sounds about right, he was in the England squad and has proven his quality.

If Nathan Tyson and James Bailey are here next season I will be very surprised.

Not a chance Fielding will fetch 500k.

Bailey and Tyson will still be Derby players, they'll be on loan somewhere while we pay the difference in wages.

We'll sign 5-6 players and next February we'll be saying we need 5-6 players the following summer to compete in the play-offs.

Angry Birds knows these things.

Not a chance Fielding will fetch 500k.

Bailey and Tyson will still be Derby players, they'll be on loan somewhere while we pay the difference in wages.

Do you think. Fielding I am not sure about you are probably right but I can see a league 1 team coming in for Bailey, we wont demand a large fee as we will want to lower the wage bill. As for Tyson we signed him on a free so i would not be surprised if a club offered to pay out the rest of his contract and we accepted.

We'll sign 5-6 players and next February we'll be saying we need 5-6 players the following summer to compete in the play-offs.

Angry Birds knows these things.

I am not questioning the knowledge these Angry Birds posses but if we sign 5 or 6 players of decent quality we will have a good chance at the playoffs.

Neither Bailey or Tyson will want to take a drop in wages, and why should they?

Clubs know that they won't ever play for us again, and will go for a loan deal where they don't have to pay their wage demands, we end up picking up the rest of their wages, after all we're the ones who gave them the contracts then decided we didn't want them.

Everyone wins.

Except us, as per usual.

I'm sick of Angry Birds now, I think I'll see what bejewelled thinks the score will be next week.

I am not questioning the knowledge these Angry Birds posses but if we sign 5 or 6 players of decent quality we will have a good chance at the playoffs.

Ah, Angry Birds didnt say they'd be decent quality, did they, you're putting words into Angry Birds mouth.

It looks as though we will be losing many players this season:

I have used Football Manager 2013 to determine player wages because they are usually quite accurate in fairness.

Nathan Tyson - Small fee to lower wages 8k (a week)

Theo Robinson - Out of contract 3.5k

Tom Naylor - Small fee 2k

Gareth Roberts - Retiring 3.5k

Conor Doyle - Released 1.5k

Ben Davies - 100-300k 3.5k

Saul Deeney - Small fee require 0.75k

Ross Atkins - '' 1k

Frank Fielding - 500k- 1 million 7k

James Bailey - 400k maximum 1 year left on contract 3.5k

The ones that perhaps might not happen are Frank Fielding, Tom Naylor and Ben Davies

However that is still a lot of movement.

Because of this I think we will see one of three outcomes:

1. We sign 3/4 good players probably 2 players that we pay decent sized fees for

2. We sign a left back and Chris Martin and hope Barker is fit and still quality

3. Will Hughes is sold for dollar and blows everything out the water

I don't think that football manager is as accurate a source as you think.

Ben Davies is off contract.

Who's to say that Roberts won't get an extension for next season at this point?

Fielding is also going to only have a year to run on his deal as well, so I doubt that he'd go for anything close to £1 mil if he were to go. I feel sorry for him, displaced by injury and the guy covering has held his spot. Still could have a future though.

Personally, for me a good summer would be:

Release:

Doyle - Off contract

Ben Davies - Off contract

Saul Deeney - Off contract

Ross Atkins - Off contract

So, I'm guessing we haven't taken the option of the extra year on Theo's deal at this point, in which case, he'd likely be added to the above.

Re-sign:

Michael Hoganson - until 2014 or 15

Jamie Ward - until 2015 or 16

Craig Bryson - until 2015 or 16

John Brayford - until 2016 or 17

One of:

Frank Fielding - until 2015

Adam Legzdins - until 2015

Giving the other the chance to battle for a contract and the gloves. I have liked having two good keepers, and unless one or the other wants out, I don't see a reason to change that. If we do lose either, we would need to seriously consider resigning one of Atkins or Deeney, as otherwise our second choice keeper would be Morch, who whilst a decent young prospect is probably a bit young to be relied upon if needed. We'll see though, the key here is decision action is needed.

Out:

James Bailey - small fee

Nathan Tyson - small fee at best, and only if he and his current club decide the move is right of course. He may be back here to fight for his place next season

Once that is all sorted, there is also the question of the U21s. I have basically no idea how that's all gone. Does anyone know if Luke Adams has been playing, and if so, how well?

Retirements:

Gareth Roberts - If he chooses to retire

In:

Leftback

Young wide midfielder

Potentially a goal scoring striker

I'd be quite happy with all that. Of course, a key part not mentioned is retaining Hughes...

...as for actual figures, anything we do is complete guess work and entirely pointless.

Regardless of whatever the sources are you haven't explained where all the money will be coming from to sign these 5 or 6 quality players

Guys I didnt realise everyone would be so caught in the numbers and sources and that a few players might not leave etc. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

The main point and all I was trying to say was how many players do you think we will see come in to the club given there will be quite a large number of players leaving that will free up the wage position and perhaps a little bit of transfer money too.

Archived