Give Clough 10 years?

rad1919

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...and if a new manager came,do you think Hughes and Hendrick wouldn't be sold,and that he'd be given a heap of cash to sign the players you talk of?

I think you miss my point. The only improvement we've made under Clough in FOUR years is the fact we have 2 or 3 saleable young assets in the squad. Aside from that, we are the same as when he arrived, which is no progress, In my opinon.

sorry, I don't want Stability. We have stability. We a stably inconsistent, frustrating, disappointing, flattering, deceptive, uninspiring, underachieving etc..etc.etc

No, keep your stability, I wan't growth, and improvement.

So campaign for new owners willing to buy success then. Many may join you. Admittedly some will tell you to fook off, but then you must be used to that by now!

I think you miss my point. The only improvement we've made under Clough in FOUR years is the fact we have 2 or 3 saleable young assets in the squad. Aside from that, we are the same as when he arrived, which is no progress, In my opinon.

Wage bill is £8m instead of £18m 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

So campaign for new owners willing to buy success then. Many may join you. Admittedly some will tell you to fook off, but then you must be used to that by now!

Since when have owners got anything to do with this conversation. A manager has some duties and responsibilities which he is solely accountable for. I dont think Sam Rush or Brett Wilson will be picking the team and formation any time soon, nor will they be in charge of substitutions etc.

if you've got nothing valuable to add to this discussion, feel free to log off and leave the football fans to do so in peace. You're quite worthless here, but then you must be used to that.

I watched some of the garbage served up under Jewell,and I've watched some of this year's fayre.Don't try to tell me there isn't an improvement.The value of the current squad is now far higher.

I watched some of the garbage served up under Jewell,and I've watched some of this year's fayre.Don't try to tell me there isn't an improvement.The value of the current squad is now far higher.

overall, I wouldn't disagree on the whole, but I've seen garbage just as bad under Clough as I saw under Jewell. But all said and done, we've still got players of similar ability to what we had then (bar the saleable young assets I previously mentioned).

Four years ago we had Paul Jewell in charge, a squad of over 35 players who had no interest in the club, their team mates or most importantly the fans. The club was broken.

Clough has done a remarkable job under crazy circumstances with the added pressure of unrealistic expectations.

Frustrating? Yes. Worth it in the long run? Absolutely.

Four years ago we had Paul Jewell in charge, a squad of over 35 players who had no interest in the club, their team mates or most importantly the fans. The club was broken.

Clough has done a remarkable job under crazy circumstances with the added pressure of unrealistic expectations.

Frustrating? Yes. Worth it in the long run? Absolutely.

I disagree. Four years ago, we had a ***** manager. We had several players who went on to be pivotal and even have renewed contracts under Clough! Just to remind you; Bywater, Leacock, Pearson, McEveley, Teale (all Davies signings), Davies, Green, Commons, Hulse, Savage (all Jewell signings) were vital players for Clough. He relied on them and renewed contracts for most of them.

To say 35 players werent interested in a general and sweeping statement, and one that is inaccurate.

overall, I wouldn't disagree on the whole, but I've seen garbage just as bad under Clough as I saw under Jewell. But all said and done, we've still got players of similar ability to what we had then (bar the saleable young assets I previously mentioned).

Are these the saleable young assets you didn't think should have played against Wolves,as part of a 'lightweight' midfield (though I noticed you didn't say which giants you would have played in their stead-Ben Davies perhaps?).I also noticed that you didn't mention a young,strong Hendrick,but referred to him as a "20 year old" -funnily enough the same age as the player that had performed well for most of the year.

We'll just have to beg to differ on the overall quality of the other players.I know which squad I'd prefer,by a distance.Ditto the manager.

Archived