Give Clough 10 years?

rad1919

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are we honestly comparing Nigel to Brian?

They are miles apart. Granted, Nigel seems to have picked up the stubborness, but not much else.

Are we meant to believe "gaffers mate" Crosby is our Peter Taylor?

If I was comparing Nigel to his dad, I would have mentioned both in the same post and made a comparison.

By including Brian in a thread about Nigel is not necessarily comparing them. After all, others have mentioned Swansea, West Brom and Arsenal.

We've improved into a regular mid table team.

What part of being a regular midtable team makes you think Nigel will take us into the Premier League?

And even if he did, which he won't, his lack of ability as a manager would be a laughing stock in the PL. It would be 2007 all over again.

Don't run before you can walk. We are progressing in ALL areas. From our youth team, to the team playing for each other, wage-bill is down, the stadium has been improved and that is just the things off the top of my head.

There isn't just some magic wand you can flick and have us in the Premiership. Small steps mean we won't crumble when things go wrong. Look at us last time, we fluked getting into the Prem and our foundations just collasped underneath us. Slow progress means when we **** up (And we will at times) - we won't fall back down to the bottom.

Don't run before you can walk. We are progressing in ALL areas. From our youth team, to the team playing for each other, wage-bill is down, the stadium has been improved and that is just the things off the top of my head.

There isn't just some magic wand you can flick and have us in the Premiership. Small steps mean we won't crumble when things go wrong. Look at us last time, we fluked getting into the Prem and our foundations just collasped underneath us. Slow progress means when we **** up (And we will at times) - we won't fall back down to the bottom.

I.e. as Nigel said if we lose then it's about not losing the next week.

Archived