Give Clough 10 years?

rad1919

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have we improved in 4 years since Clough got here? Yes we have. So I don't see why people are moaning. Look at Burton - flying in League 2, on a sound financial footing and the foundations were put there by Clough. Let the man do his work and get us back to the Premiership.

Are you watching away games, slow fella?

I think the guy is saying the Away form is dismal..

And that your slow!! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I think I could be a good interpreter for this forum

[size=3]Midtableforever should I help with your grasp of the english language now? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> [/size]

We've improved into a regular mid table team.

What part of being a regular midtable team makes you think Nigel will take us into the Premier League?

And even if he did, which he won't, his lack of ability as a manager would be a laughing stock in the PL. It would be 2007 all over again.

What part of being a regular midtable team makes you think Nigel will take us into the Premier League?

And even if he did, which he won't, his lack of ability as a manager would be a laughing stock in the PL. It would be 2007 all over again.

When did we become the regular mid table team?

Why have you got a crystal ball?

Wait a minute I have it you must be Mystic meg!!!

Or maybe your one of the travellers from the Baseball ground who said we would never win anything at that ground!!

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Well guess what you was wrong...

WLR, please read in context. Someone was criticising someone for criticising Clough or something for selling Hughes and Brayford when it hasn't even happened yet.... or something. I was just pointing out that many people seem to be acting as if the future has already happened! Now I'm lost in a space~time continuom.

I think we should get rid of Clough too - save me some bloody money! once he goes, I'm gone too..

Being a skint mid-table side with stability, with a few connections within the club is bad enough.

Being a skint mid-table (hopefully) side with no stability with a manager who doesn't give a toss about the club and only about his career and a complete over hall, perhaps destroying the hard work done by the academy would be too much for me - either way I wouldn't feel the same about the club.

So you and others on here only support us because of Clough.Who did you support before he came?who will

you support after hes gone?One other thing how do you know he isn't taking his coaching badges?you do

know don't you that no coaching badges means no job in the NPC or premier league after his contract expires.

Easy mate. Brush up on your English and people might get you first time 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Yeah I go away as well. Still think we're better than we were. It's only an opinion - kind of the whole point of forums.

Fair play. I can't argue we are playng some good stuff at home but i don't think our football away from PP is much better than four years ago. How long Clough needs to sort it out?

Fair play. I can't argue we are playng some good stuff at home but i don't think our football away from PP is much better than four years ago. How long Clough needs to sort it out?

I think we established it last night at 13 years, can't be sure though, as I'm a f****** idiot. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

We went from relegation threatened, to lower mid-table to (hopefully this season) upper mid-table (with most media outlets calling us playoff hopefuls)...

Assuming (big IF) we continue that rate of improvement then next season we could be serious playoff contenders, then the season after serious promotion contenders...

Tortoise and hare dude...

WLR, please read in context. Someone was criticising someone for criticising Clough or something for selling Hughes and Brayford when it hasn't even happened yet.... or something. I was just pointing out that many people seem to be acting as if the future has already happened! Now I'm lost in a space~time continuom.

You have lost me in that sentence somewhere around my mother had a sister and her sisters friend said.. And now i'm lost on the A52 somewhere trying to work out which way to go oh wait I have turnerd into you for a moment.

So you and others on here only support us because of Clough.Who did you support before he came?who will

you support after hes gone?One other thing how do you know he isn't taking his coaching badges?you do

know don't you that no coaching badges means no job in the NPC or premier league after his contract expires.

Exactly that must show you he has some sort of comitment to our club if he couldn't get a job after his Contract expires....

Would his Dad of worried about a coaching badge????

We went from relegation threatened, to lower mid-table to (hopefully this season) upper mid-table (with most media outlets calling us playoff hopefuls)...

Assuming (big IF) we continue that rate of improvement then next season we could be serious playoff contenders, then the season after serious promotion contenders...

Tortoise and hare dude...

I'd like to think we have too much about us, but really, we aren't out of the relegation battle right now! we could and should be in the play-off battle, and I think we should have at least 12 more points.

Positives and negatives about Nigel Clough, just like there are for most managers. For me...

Positives:

Reduced wage bill drastically, which was crucial

Kept us competitive in this division despite the above

Players seem the most physically fit we've had for many years at the club

Young players brought in and given a chance

Negatives:

Stubborn and inflexible

Insistance on playing players out of position due to a reluctance to drop certain members of the squad

Too cautious

Building a team of 'huffers and puffers' rather than players who are particularly exciting to watch

Comes across as extremely bitter at times (the Cywka incident, the way he reacts to even the slightest suggestion that he got something wrong)

Overall I'd say that I don't want him out as it feels like we are progressing, but I wouldn't think of it as a disaster if he left.

I'd like to think we have too much about us, but really, we aren't out of the relegation battle right now! we could and should be in the play-off battle, and I think we should have at least 12 more points.

That may be the first thing you've said I agree with!

Did panic slightly that we're 7 points off the playoffs and 9 points off relegation...

HOWEVER as important is the number of teams in between... The relegated teams are all behind us and (before you say they're awful) none of them were utterly disgraced last season which suggests (loosely) that the distance between top end Champs teams and bottom end Prem teams isn't that large...

Also, we haven't exactly disgraced ourselves against the teams above us... point off Cardiff (when I thought we were the better side), unlucky against Hull both games, 3 from Watford, and 4 from Boro... Admit that we were outclassed away at Leicester and Palace but am relishing the home games...

Seems to be the same threads popping up every day just with different titles about Clough, with the same handful of posters saying the same thing, only to be argued by the other handful of posters, with the same riposte each time, thrown in with a few likes here and there, the odd graph, pun by boycie or B4 giving us a battlecry to either support or stone the club depending on what the weather is like.

We are only competitive for 4 months a year, so I guess that there is little to talk about at the club without being repetitive, it would be nice to go into March with the play offs being a possibility, maybe a cup win against a big team, or more than 2 games a season with any meaning to them....I will renew my ST once more, but without any optimism.

I dont think we will be any nearer the play offs in the next 5 years, I dont see a massive improvement in the way we play now taking into account home, away performances and results, but its only IMO, hopefully the drop off in crowds doesnt continue, and also I dont see many people sitting 3 seats away from me paying £11 on the day against my £400+ ticket.

I have said all this before though, so I think ill take a back seat from now on at the risk of becoming completely bored/boring others :-)

Archived