Give Clough 10 years?

rad1919

I personally have no doubt we will once again be a Premier League club at some point, and stay there, if Clough has a 10 year run at the job.

If that meant potentially waiting till 2019 would you take it, or would you gamble on a Di Canio type appointment to try and get there sooner?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My opinion, clough isn't going to get us to the premier league. Yes he is trying to build a team over as a long term plan , we are just not going to move anywhere. Maybe a change in management in the summer, would do us good , we need to move away from finishing mid table nearly ever season, new man, fresh ideas!

after six months when some of us could see his limits, it was "give him a full season!", then after the full season it was "give him a transfer window", then after the transfer window it was "give him 10 games", then after ten games it was "give him til christmas cos new manager wont be able to buy anyone til Jan", then after that it was"give him 3 years", then after 3 years it was "give him chance to get all his own players in", then after he'd got rid of all the Davies and Jewell players it was "give him ten games".

Now you're suggesting ten years?

Big Bananas!

10 years is how long it took him to get Burton to the Football League. Plus, how many Managers can you imagine would be given 10 years in the job without delivering success? I imagine this may be the maximum. 20 or 30 years in the Championship is just not going to happen! Look what Wenger has achieved in 16 years and the pressure he is under!

10 years is how long it took him to get Burton to the Football League. Plus, how many Managers can you imagine would be given 10 years in the job without delivering success? I imagine this may be the maximum. 20 or 30 years in the Championship is just not going to happen! Look what Wenger has achieved in 16 years and the pressure he is under!

Depends what our idea of success is alongside the owners.

He's perfect for them and vice versa. Until **** really hits the fan and the supporters show it then this relationship will plod on.

after six months when some of us could see his limits, it was "give him a full season!", then after the full season it was "give him a transfer window", then after the transfer window it was "give him 10 games", then after ten games it was "give him til christmas cos new manager wont be able to buy anyone til Jan", then after that it was"give him 3 years", then after 3 years it was "give him chance to get all his own players in", then after he'd got rid of all the Davies and Jewell players it was "give him ten games".

Big Bananas!

Then when a tricky run of games appeared on the horizon,someone got the whiff of blood.

time to change the managment at the end of this season. We need a fresh approach and attack the league at a different angle. Nigel Clough doesn't change his tactics when things go tits up, and it annoys me how when we concede or are losing he lumps in his seat and doesn't change anything, then it gets to a appoint where time has run out , to make an impact substitution .

It seems like has run out of ideas!

Ah, that's where it came from.

But if he got Burton to the Football League in 10, who's to say that it won't take him 11 years at a higher level?

What if we sack him after 10 years and the 11th season was the one where we would have got promoted, how would you feel then?

We'd have gone through all that boring **** with no reward at the end of it.

Any new manager would want to know what transfer budget they have to deal with.

We don't really have a budget to speak of, so we would really only get people who were confident in working with what he is given or got.

Adkins? I think he would fancy a crack at our young team.

Big Bananas!

Have you just imagined that?

Here we go again.

Nigel Clough will be Derby County's manager as long as the current owners are in place.

You can quote me as much as you like. But I tell you now that will be the case. He is building the club for the long term like Ferguson has done at some northern club.

Just look how the academy has developed under his tenure, It will take many years to achieve whatever they are after but they will get there in the end.

And. don't throw all this garbage at me that I am happy to be patient and should expect more. Know matter how much we all grumble the aim of the club will not change

So buckle up and be a part of the bumpy journey

Archived