Give Clough 10 years?

rad1919

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here we go again.

Nigel Clough will be Derby County's manager as long as the current owners are in place.

You can quote me as much as you like. But I tell you now that will be the case. He is building the club for the long term like Ferguson has done at some northern club.

Just look how the academy has developed under his tenure, It will take many years to achieve whatever they are after but they will get there in the end.

And. don't throw all this garbage at me that I am happy to be patient and should expect more. Know matter how much we all grumble the aim of the club will not change

So buckle up and be a part of the bumpy journey

How about we move clough into a joint head academy manager with wassell and bring a fresh manager , to apply a fresh approach 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> then he can keep working with the academy to produce even better players, Clough and Wassell UNIT

A lot of players were already her when Clough snr arrived. Nigel has had to change the complete squad

Yeh,Webster,Durban and Hector isn't a bad start with Boulton on the way up.Also,BC could (within reason) buy who he wanted.I bet Nigel wouldn't mind the cash for a modern day Carlin.

Here we go again.

Nigel Clough will be Derby County's manager as long as the current owners are in place.

You can quote me as much as you like. But I tell you now that will be the case. He is building the club for the long term like Ferguson has done at some northern club.

Just look how the academy has developed under his tenure, It will take many years to achieve whatever they are after but they will get there in the end.

And. don't throw all this garbage at me that I am happy to be patient and should expect more. Know matter how much we all grumble the aim of the club will not change

Are you seriously comparing Nigel to Ferguson?

Why 10 years?

Why not 20?

Or 30?

What's this magical 10 years.

As if we're going to be **** for 9 years then take the league by storm on the 10th?

Because I might see 10, but I'll be odds-on dead in 30.

Would he want a demotion? And would a new manager then say does not want them!!

Billy Davies has got rid of everyone. He doesn't give a donkeys chuff about about an academy allegedly. How many of those young players now want to come hear as they know our manager will give them a chance

Have you just imagined that?

Imagined what? Having those discussions? No. I may not have had them in this forum, but I have had them with the Clough romanticists struggling to find genuine footballing reasons to keep him in a job.

Here we go again.

Please do not quote Sir Alex Ferguson as a comparison. He went to Manchester United with a pedigree, he had also managed in a world cup and European competition. No offence, but an silly silly example.

Im personally glad we have stability at our football club - I wouldn't give him a 10 year contract or anything, but unless something drastic happens then I wouldn't get rid either.

I take great pride in having Nigel Clough at our club, it's also been nice to see some of the comments by other fans, and appreciate the job he is doing, some people obviously just want results and don't care about the club as long as the wins keep rolling in, but, personally I like seeing us trying to build something.

I was told this just tonight...

[size=2]genuinly i think if some of our players went derby then clough would make them awesome[/size][size=2]

like mcccormack i think u would sign and then be able to sell him after a year for about 5 million[/size]

Imagined what? Having those discussions? No. I may not have had them in this forum, but I have had them with the Clough romanticists struggling to find genuine footballing reasons to keep him in a job.

Please do not quote Sir Alex Ferguson as a comparison. He went to Manchester United with a pedigree, he had also managed in a world cup and European competition. No offence, but an silly silly example.

an opinion. That's all.

Would he want a demotion? And would a new manager then say does not want them!!

Billy Davies has got rid of everyone. He doesn't give a donkeys chuff about about an academy allegedly. How many of those young players now want to come hear as they know our manager will give them a chance

Have they any right wingers fancying a go at left back?

Yeh,Webster,Durban and Hector isn't a bad start with Boulton on the way up.Also,BC could (within reason) buy who he wanted.I bet Nigel wouldn't mind the cash for a modern day Carlin.

Brian Clough was a legend. He went and bought the players then told Sam Longson how much of his money he just spent

Brian Clough also wasn't afraid to buy players then discard them shortly afterward when better ones became available (Pat Wright, Arthur Stewart, Richie Barker, Frank Wignall etc).

Archived