next season...

nfb

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple of times, a rarity I agree.

But why say anything at all?

because they are thrust in front of an interviewer to face a deluge of uninspiring, and cliched questions. I play a game sometimes when I'm sad and lonely, where I guess the answer to the questions that footballers and football managers are asked, and I surprise myself how close I am! they all go to the same media handling classes and are taught to say the same things.

Milwall, When was the last time they splashed out on a million plus on a striker? They'd be in the play offs if they weren't pushed out the race to sign Woods by Leicester.

Kenny Jackett as had less to spend and still manages to keep them in the league. They lose two key strikers in Morison to Norwich and most recently Henderson to Florest. How much of the money did He see?

Whereas if Clough does the same, (whilst spending and having better facilities to work with), He gets praised to the absolute nuts on here.

If we loss 9-0 at Florest, some clown will come on here defeating Clough saying "its ok it wasn't double figures conceded".

Then you have people having a erection if we get higher than 12th, in the belief that we can make the play offs.

But yeah I'm the WUM.

Maybe if you actually gave reasons for your point of view then I could agree/disagree and give reasons back.

Once again I do not know the ins and outs of milwalls transfers, also how much have they paid for the loan of Hulse? How much for the loan of Wood? Tyson? The answer is we don't know. Could be more than we paid for sammon (also a fee that is unknown) who knows?

I agree there will be people that look for positives where none can be found. I try to take a balanced look at most things with Derby, personally I think Clough has done a decent job, we have improved from when he took over but it annoys me when people say nobody could have done a better job. That is an opinion and a few offer it as fact. Can he take us to the next level and to the play offs? Once again, who knows? At times I think he can, when we are playing teams off the park (which we have this season) but then when he makes strange decisions like, against Wolves, to seem content with 0-0 and playing players out of position, I think he has took us as far as he can. I have already said we have dropped 7 points over the last 4 games, 7 points that would put us in the play offs with a difficult run of fixtures.

I picked out your statement that 4 years is long enough yet Jackett has been at Milwall longer, forget budget as we do not know the full ins and outs of it and to me they are doing a similar job. We have lost some very good players under clough, commons hulse steve davies and he has had to replace them, just like jacket at milwall.

because they are thrust in front of an interviewer to face a deluge of uninspiring, and cliched questions. I play a game sometimes when I'm sad and lonely, where I guess the answer to the questions that footballers and football managers are asked, and I surprise myself how close I am! they all go to the same media handling classes and are taught to say the same things.

Doesn't mean they're lying though.

I think you can see through their behaviour on the pitch they're a squad playing for each other. Doesn't take much analysing.

I also don't believe anybody would be sad enough to play that game.

Unless they extend the PL to 32 teams, no he won't.

I was wondering who would take the bait 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> What's the point of making absolute statements which cannot be coherently argued to any great effect when you can't see the future. You can argue records, stats and tactics all day but you still can't say that.

It may well be improbable, but not impossible and saying otherwise is daft bordering on delsional.

Anyways was just curious, it's neither here nor there really.

I think the point is that 4 years is long enough to judge someone.

Clough is the 10th longest serving manager in the football league and the 2nd longest serving in the championship!

I cannot speak for anyone else's thinking, but mine is that we ALWAYS still need five new players. Even after we sign 5 players, we STILL need 5 new players. I hate to break it to anyone, but Hughes, Hendrick, and co would've come through regardless of Clough. But that 60 players have been used by Clough and we still lack quality just shows his overall ineptitude in MY opinion.

Is that your educated opinion again mostyn6?

I love reading things like this, ignoring the work that goes on behind the scenes preparing young players for the first team and actually bringing them through. Do you actually think Jewell would have brought through the likes of Hughes, Hendrick, O'Brien and co? We might have seen Hughes at 18 or 19 if he were banging down the door, but to just say they've come through "regardless" is a ridiculous statement.

Clough has given attention to the academy, and he's given young players a chance. It's funny that you need to write such things off.

What I enjoy most of all though is that you're basically fudging the figures in the rest of your post to make it seem worse as well, but I'll leave that for others to notice for once, as it's brutally obvious.

Is that your educated opinion again mostyn6?

I love reading things like this, ignoring the work that goes on behind the scenes preparing young players for the first team and actually bringing them through. Do you actually think Jewell would have brought through the likes of Hughes, Hendrick, O'Brien and co? We might have seen Hughes at 18 or 19 if he were banging down the door, but to just say they've come through "regardless" is a ridiculous statement.

Clough has given attention to the academy, and he's given young players a chance. It's funny that you need to write such things off.

What I enjoy most of all though is that you're basically fudging the figures in the rest of your post to make it seem worse as well, but I'll leave that for others to notice for once, as it's brutally obvious.

Which figure(s) am I fudging?

Which figure(s) am I fudging?

I cannot speak for anyone else's thinking, but mine is that we ALWAYS still need five new players. Even after we sign 5 players, we STILL need 5 new players. I hate to break it to anyone, but Hughes, Hendrick, and co would've come through regardless of Clough. But that 60 players have been used by Clough and we still lack quality just shows his overall ineptitude in MY opinion.

You're using this figure of 60 players without any mention of what it is or what it means. Now, I know you're trying to use the figure in a way to somehow make a point here, but including loanee who came in as injury cover in that figure is absolutely ridiculous. If you're talking about players coming through the club, you should only talk about actual signings, not loans and especially not emergency loans to cover injuries.

I was wondering who would take the bait 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> What's the point of making absolute statements which cannot be coherently argued to any great effect when you can't see the future. You can argue records, stats and tactics all day but you still can't say that.

It may well be improbable, but not impossible and saying otherwise is daft bordering on delsional.

Anyways was just curious, it's neither here nor there really.

It's OK we used the words will and won't.. Words in the English language designed for predictions..

We didn't use the words 'going to' so we're all good.

Archived