next season...

nfb

Go and support the Forest then..

What a ridiculous thing to say!

Why should I? Besides, you may be able to pick and choose, but some of us don't choose to support the team we support. If I had a choice, I would pick a team that perhaps bought me more joy!

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a ridiculous thing to say!

Why should I? Besides, you may be able to pick and choose, but some of us don't choose to support the team we support. If I had a choice, I would pick a team that perhaps bought me more joy!

Pick and choose, Born in Ashbourne left for work reasons and spent my whole life being a derby fan in London without any Derby fans around me so understand that I am not able to pick and choose..

This season was make or break for me personally.

He's had money, he's had time to get players in/out and get a idea of his best eleven. FOUR years..

When will enough be enough?

People will happily wait half a decade for a promotion push.

Coming from the guy who lives over ten thousand miles away and most probably hasn't attended a game all season. Good one fella!

Where's the pie charts and your silly little diagrams?

And how much money has your lover boy Nigel spent compared to someone like Jackett? Who's side are just afew places below ours. Do they have 1.2 million to blow on a Wigan reject?

So you moan at Clough having 4 years and being just outside the play offs and compare him to Kenny Jackett who has been at Milwall longer yet are below us in the table?

I asked the question "when did we win against the odds in four years?" Nothing about the league. This is about the manager's ability to motivate his team. Look at what effect Billy had on Notts Forest last night, he got them going!

You think if we were in Oldhams position the team would need motivating to play Liverpool or Everton, aside from the fact it's a north west derby?

Forest beat Huddersfield 6-1 last night, judging from what a mates said it could have been 6-5. Derby County beat Watford 5-0 earlier this season. Every dog has its day. Derby County beat Manchester United 1-0 at PP on the day Clough was presented to the PP crowd.

How can anybody doubt Cloughs ability to motivate when pretty much every player has come out and said they are motivated by him, and the rest of the coaching staff.

You think if we were in Oldhams position the team would need motivating to play Liverpool or Everton, aside from the fact it's a north west derby?

Forest beat Huddersfield 6-1 last night, judging from what a mates said it could have been 6-5. Derby County beat Watford 5-0 earlier this season. Every dog has its day. Derby County beat Manchester United 1-0 at PP on the day Clough was presented to the PP crowd.

How can anybody doubt Cloughs ability to motivate when pretty much every player has come out and said they are motivated by him, and the rest of the coaching staff.

do you have hear the opposite? All players' soundbytes are pre-conceived! "there's a great bunch of lads", "the manager wants to win.." etc etc

So you moan at Clough having 4 years and being just outside the play offs and compare him to Kenny Jackett who has been at Milwall longer yet are below us in the table?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he has only has got them promoted in this time, finished once above and once below us, and are only 3 points below us. Regardless of budgets he IMO has had a much bigger impact.

Yeah, but how much money does Kenny Jackett spend at Milwall? Wake up

I have no idea, I support Derby not Millwall, I don't look at their budget. If I was to guess at their NET spend I would say it would be similar to us, undisclosed. If we are going to talk about budgets what about blackburn? They spent a reported 8 million on Rhodes alone, yet are below us.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he has only has got them promoted in this time, finished once above and once below us, and are only 3 points below us. Regardless of budgets he IMO has had a much bigger impact.

The point I was making was that gcdcfc28 said that 4 years is too long, reading back not sure what it is too long for, he was complaining that Clough doesn't know his best 11, even though Clough doesn't make changes too often unless needed due to injury/suspension, and is criticised for not changing his team (that to me suggests he knows his best 11) gcdcfc has complained that he hasn't made enough transfers, yet people complain he has got rid of players to quick, like Cywka and Maguire.

I am getting fed up with a lot of things I see on this forum, it seems to many people are on a wind up, changing their stance on arguments to suit the Clough/board bashing. I highlighted that gcdcfc said he was tired of waiting 4 years to become a mid table team and yet offered a manager who has been in his job longer and is below us in the table as a better manager. That to me is WUMMING

Can't we just sack Clough now and get Adkins in before he goes to Leeds, I can't stand another season of total boredom and banality treading water on the seas of mediocrity yet again

Total boredom?

How many games have you actually watched. Some of our football has been exceptional and certainly pleasing on the eye. One of my kin is a Bolton fan and his comment - "you're lot quite surprised me played some decent stuff at times, one of the best we have played this season" Why is it our opponents supporters can see what some Derby fans can't?

Strange, or are they buried in hate and denial?

We are progressing and will continue to do so . Clough will take us into the Premiership. It's just a tad disappointing that some supporters haven't the patience or an appreciation of what is actually happening in the long term

I think the point is that 4 years is long enough to judge someone.

Clough is the 10th longest serving manager in the football league and the 2nd longest serving in the championship!

I cannot speak for anyone else's thinking, but mine is that we ALWAYS still need five new players. Even after we sign 5 players, we STILL need 5 new players. I hate to break it to anyone, but Hughes, Hendrick, and co would've come through regardless of Clough. But that 60 players have been used by Clough and we still lack quality just shows his overall ineptitude in MY opinion.

The point I was making was that gcdcfc28 said that 4 years is too long, reading back not sure what it is too long for, he was complaining that Clough doesn't know his best 11, even though Clough doesn't make changes too often unless needed due to injury/suspension, and is criticised for not changing his team (that to me suggests he knows his best 11) gcdcfc has complained that he hasn't made enough transfers, yet people complain he has got rid of players to quick, like Cywka and Maguire.

I am getting fed up with a lot of things I see on this forum, it seems to many people are on a wind up, changing their stance on arguments to suit the Clough/board bashing. I highlighted that gcdcfc said he was tired of waiting 4 years to become a mid table team and yet offered a manager who has been in his job longer and is below us in the table as a better manager. That to me is WUMMING

Excellent, could not agree more.

Milwall, When was the last time they splashed out on a million plus on a striker? They'd be in the play offs if they weren't pushed out the race to sign Woods by Leicester.

Kenny Jackett as had less to spend and still manages to keep them in the league. They lose two key strikers in Morison to Norwich and most recently Henderson to Florest. How much of the money did He see?

Whereas if Clough does the same, (whilst spending and having better facilities to work with), He gets praised to the absolute nuts on here.

If we loss 9-0 at Florest, some clown will come on here defeating Clough saying "its ok it wasn't double figures conceded".

Then you have people having a erection if we get higher than 12th, in the belief that we can make the play offs.

But yeah I'm the WUM.

Archived