Derby County v Wolverhampton Wanderers

CumbrianRam

Got to agree defence played very well today. Brayford i believe did make a hash of things once when playing the ball back to leggo while under pressure, but other than that dont think he put a foot wrong all game. In my opinion, we need a decent striker to put the ball in the net, and that was never more evident than late in the second half when we were really on top and crying out for a strikers finishing touch.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprised really that peple have only given Wardy a 5? Bit harsh maybe? I'd say a 7,he was one of the only ones who tried to pressurise the defenders into making mistakes and I reckoned he won his fair share of scraps.

What a boring, boring game. We were SHOCKING for the first 15 minutes, I haven't seen a football like it since last season. We came into it after that, and the game was what should have been expected really. 3 changes to a team that relies on togetherness more than quality is obviously going to change things, just I didn't realise how much an impact it would have.

We had the option to play like we have nothing to lose, but decided to play like we had nothing to win instead, a shame because we should have beaten them. Will Hughes though, needs to be dropped, I can't understand why Clough continues to play him, he offers nothing to the team atm, and is clearly miles better than what he is showing... so please Nige, for his sake, just give him a rest FFS!

Haganson was excellent. How Roberts is ahead of him is surely only down to the pathetic squad we currently have. Legzdins though is p1ssing me right off. Why the hell he kicks it long EVERY time is completely beyond me. The opposition win it every time and it's unbelievably pointless, just giving the ball away for no reason what so ever. He never used to do it, but then again nor did Fielding or Keogh. I just can't understand why these players have changed their games so much since joining us...

Oh well...bad game...season's over...get your head checked if you still think the play-offs are going to happen, haha.

Legzdins-5. Two good saves, the only reason he first choice is because of his distribution but that has become dreadful.

Freeman- 6. Better first half than second. Composed on the ball but hoofs it a little too often imo.

Brayford-7. Made a couple of mistakes but looks solid at CB. Missed him at RB though.

keogh-7. Solid, did well and as reliable as always. It's nice to see how he plays with a competent player next to him!

Hoganson-8. Considering it was his debut I was majorly impressed. Today he was better than what Robert's has been all season. Everytime I thought he was hoofing the ball it ended up being a good pass to one of our players. Nice prospect, well in Nige!

Coutts- 4. Invisible for the best part of the game. Looked poor in the middle and on the "wing". Had one good attribute but saw nothing from him today, needs to be dropped.

Hendrick- 6. Disappointing- wasn't his usual self. Maybe he's tired, but it was a shame he didn't have a good game, he could easily have been the difference today.

Hughes- 4. Needs a rest. Won't get a rest. Will probably end up going the same was as Barnes and Michael Owen. An excellent prospect but being massively overplayed...shame.

Bryson- 6. Had a bad game, but he's being played out of position like everybody else because this season isn't important.

Ward- 5. Was poor. Got nothing from the midfield. Didn't link up with Sammon as well as usual. Moved onto the left wing and looked like he couldn't be bothered. Shame about that, if he'd played the whole game up front he may have got a goal.

Sammon- 6. Had a good game (for him) but still his control and terrible decision making let him down. Everytime he controls the ball it looks like he's lucky. Tried to play a though ball at one point whilst he was completely surrounded by Wolves players...idiot.

I hope Clough doesn't automatically replace Hogie with Roberts as soon as he comes back. If he plays the rest of the games like he did today, let him keep the starting spot I say.

Yep. And listening to his post match interview, he just wants to play - and that willingness doesn't half come across in his voice. I reckon Roberts has a bit of competition on his hands here, but Hoganson should definatley start on Tuesday.

If you genuinely thought that Roger was crap, then there are some real nutters plus one on this forum. Anyone who went to Tottenham for that miraculous 5-3 would have elevated him to 'legend' status from that day forward. Mind you, if you missed Spurs away and went to the league game at Chelsea when he waltzed around Bonetti then fell over, I'll let you off.

Me and Brummie were at Stamford Bridge that day, the whole ground laughed, Derby fans anorl,

anyway Big Rog scored all five in a 5-0 win over Luton, the one game i missed that season, due

to a friends' wedding.. grrrrrr

A rubbish day all round - the match was poor, wolves seemed to have massive confidence issues and it is a pity we couldn't capitalise. To cap it all left my bike at the bike racks in the station where I assumed there was masses of CCTV - inevitably someone hacked off the lock and nicked it!

Aw that's rotten luck ferris 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' /> I hate tea leafs.

I was left quite deflated and exasperated by our performance today. It was so incredibly lacklustre, easily the worst performance in the eight games I've seen this season.

We got more than deserved today. We didn't deserve a point, never mind three. It was a dreadful game between two sides completely devoid of quality and confidence. If there was ever a game in which both sides deserved to go home empty-handed, this was it. On another day against another team, we would have been torn asunder.

It was just frustrating because we are capable of far better than we saw today but we just look to have completely ran out of steam. Earlier in the season, this is the kind of game we would have won comfortably. But at the moment, there aren't the same levels of fluency, energy or desire that we've seen before in our play. Coutts and Hughes in particular looked a shadow of themselves.

The only positives to come from today's game were Freeman and Hoganson, who still have a long way to go before they become established players at this level but at least they have shown they can perform to a competent standard despite their inexperience.

I am thankful we are eight points clear of the relegation zone, because it was the kind of performance you'd expect to see from a team heading for trouble. If we play like we did today on a more frequent basis, we are going to be very lucky to finish in the top half, never mind the top six.

Let's hope there's a response on Tuesday night...

Is Coutts untouchable? He's never taken out of the team, even though he's been gash for quite a while now. Much rather see Wardy or Jacobs on the right, even if they're naturally LM's.

Even when we're playing 4-4-2 we've got 4 CM's in midfield, it really limits us.

It's not that he's untouchable.. He's literally the only player that can play RW.. It's probably been our weakest position for the past 4 or 5 years now.. I can't remember the last time we actually had a good one..

It's got the stage now where we're constantly playing an average CM out on the right because we have no-one to play there.. Cywka, B.Davies, Croft, Coutts.. That's an average set of players you'd want as your RW spot..

It has to be NCs no.1 priority in the summer..

Davies would offer more than Coutts on the right currently.

Hoganson good but shouldn't be scared to attack. Same with Freeman. We have no width as it is so we need our full backs to get forward. That is one of the reasons we were so poor today.

That and Cloughs general inability to play 2 upfront.

Hope Hughes is injured for Tuesday, probably the only way Clough will drop him.

Actually went today, was looking forward to the goals everyone was predicting.

Young 'uns looked good but I just felt we were playing a 'end of season' team, just a run out.

We seemed to be playing for the draw second half, at home, against a team that are not very good away.

Ward may as well have been filing his nails on the left, second half. Dunno about Sammon, I can see his strengths, holding the ball up, but take it with you then.....

Archived