Derby County v Wolverhampton Wanderers

CumbrianRam

I see it's back to wrist slashing time again.

Unbelievable.

From reading through many posts on here, I surmise the average age on this forum must be about 10.

To be fair it depends how you interpret the posts. Mine seems quite depressing I suppose, but I'm not at all gloomy right now. I expect that's the same with most of the posts tonight, a bit fed up, but getting on with it. We're mid-table and alot of people have accepted that. The only excitement I got from that game is knowing that we've added two good fullbacks to the squad...desperate times!

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasnt at the game but reading Idiakez' facebook page and looks like he had a good day. Always looks out for our results and you can tell the club means a lot to him.

Who else would love it if they just appointed him as manager on Monday?

I would, the geezer is a beautiful man and I love him.

Steady......keep your trousers done up.

Wasn't the most exciting game to watch, granted, but for me the positive is getting a point from it. We could easily have been a goal down within the first five minutes and gone on to lose all 3 points.

Things for the team to work on, there always is - but at least we didn't lose, for me that's a positive.

No, we didn't.

We've been the same inconsistent side all season.

Win one, draw one, lose one, win 2, draw one, lose two and so on.

Good performance, poor performance, average performance and so on.

What I want from the fans is to show some support. You don't get that from many on here.

We're either fantastic and a team heading for promotion or we're awful and have no chance of a place in the top six.

So you write that And you wonder why fans get annoyed. It's the inconsistency. Everyone wants the team to do well and everyone supports the club but people don't like losing or playing for a draw like we did yesterday. It was another poor performance at home which is now becoming a theme. Instead winning every game we now struggle to. That's why people moan and wrist slash they want to win.

After yesterday's performance I'm not surprised it was dire. We've been consistently poor in 2013 and the play off push has ended. There's only a few positives left.

I have to say that if there are many more displays like yesterday, the season ticket sales will drop significantly.

I sit in the North stand upper with a mixed bag of OAPs who are moaning like mad about having to find another £50 for their season tickets next year and younger lads with families who are finding it hard to justify the expense of a season ticket in the face of the increasing cost of living.

I'm 99% certain that I will renew mine and my lads but I have to say that I'm not looking forward to home games with the same excitement that I used to.We do go to be entertained after all.

In response to McSilks, I think it's easier to support the team and take delight in getting a point at home, when you don't have to endure boring non events like yesterday.

Like it or not a lot of fans are getting fed up with mediocrity and a bit of wrist slashing is inevitable.

Wasnt at the game but reading Idiakez' facebook page and looks like he had a good day. Always looks out for our results and you can tell the club means a lot to him.

Who else would love it if they just appointed him as manager on Monday?

I would, the geezer is a beautiful man and I love him.

Based on the fact that he was an OK player for Derby?? Wouldn't you want to look at his track record as a manager / coach?

I have to say that if there are many more displays like yesterday, the season ticket sales will drop significantly.

I sit in the North stand upper with a mixed bag of OAPs who are moaning like mad about having to find another £50 for their season tickets next year and younger lads with families who are finding it hard to justify the expense of a season ticket in the face of the increasing cost of living.

I'm 99% certain that I will renew mine and my lads but I have to say that I'm not looking forward to home games with the same excitement that I used to.We do go to be entertained after all.

In response to McSilks, I think it's easier to support the team and take delight in getting a point at home, when you don't have to endure boring non events like yesterday.

Like it or not a lot of fans are getting fed up with mediocrity and a bit of wrist slashing is inevitable.

We have scored the third most home goals in the league, so you can't really argue that we are not entertaining.

We were entertaining , but not now. There is little ambition here. Can't the owners see that we are just as worthy of being promoted as Hull City, for example. Even an unsuccessful campaign in the Prem brings in millions of pounds, and fills the ground week in week out.

It seems the management here actually don't want to get promoted any time soon.

Again, are Hull City better than us ?

Also, as much as i dont want Hueghs to leave us, i can only think that if we get a good fee for him, that can help us make a few quality signings next season and then push on, but thats only if the owners want that to happen.

I think Hughes' form was so much part of our success earlier in the season that we haven't really got an answer when he plays like he has done since the turn of the year. Hendrick has improved greatly so the impact is slightly less than it would have been but overall, we're struggling. Without Hughes at his best, we haven't got the quality needed to open up teams who sit tight. Brayford and Coutts are an option when they are on song but of course, that was a non starter yesterday.

I don't see much change in the coming weeks. There will still be a nervousness around until we have enough points to be clear of the bottom 3. It sounds like both teams decided not to lose yesterday. I think the plan [i'm presuming that there is a plan], is that we have a go for promotion either next season or the following one. It's gently does it in the meantime. I suspect Hughes will leave as part of that plan and we will recruit a few new players with some of the dosh. Hopefully, his form will return soon, benefiting us in the short term and enabling us to maximise income at the right time.

We have scored the third most home goals in the league, so you can't really argue that we are not entertaining.

That is a fair point actually but yesterday was still diabolical.

At the risk of sounding like Bris Vegas, it was a perfect demonstration of what I dislike about football in this country & particularly this division. Terrible touches, ordinary passing, lots of hoof albeit with plenty of effort - from both teams.

High points - thought Hoganson acquitted himself well on his full debut, Sammon looked reasonably lively & there were a couple of decent passing moves that opened them up. We also looked a lot better when Jacobs came on, he's direct & has a bit of attacking quality. Again, I was confused by Clough's obsession with putting 3 central midfielders on the pitch in a 4 man conventional midfield. I like Bryson but he is not a left sided midfielder. Against a team struggling for confidence, surely a bit more attacking intent was called for?

Everything else was pretty dire though. Even the fans couldnt really be bothered - barely a ripple of boos on full-time, very little heard from the SE Corner. Just a really boring afternoon.

Had time to reflect on the game. Obviously it was a rather boring match, both teams looking tired and lacking quality. Legzdins needs to throw it out, when your playing it out to Jamie Ward, he isn't going to win a header so why bother? It's common sense!

Hoganson impressed me, for the first 10 minutes it looked like it was too big of an occasion for him, but he made a good tackle and never looked back. Played some excellent balls down the line. Freeman wasn't great, didn't attack and his balls into the box were woeful. Lost a lot of our attacking imputus when Brayford played CB.

We seemed devoid of ideas, and I think when Jacobs came on we were slightly better, but 4-5-1 blew our chances.

For Bolton I'd play:

Legzdins

Freeman

Brayford

Keogh

Hoganson

Davies

Hendrick

Bryson

Jacobs

Ward

Sammon

Coutts and Hughes look so tired its unbelievable, so a rest is definitely needed!

Ernnn, let me think.

They have MUCH better manager. They have better players. They are second in the table. Wel lost them twice.

Yes, they are better than us.

Let me re-phrase that. Should Hull City be better than us? Surely we can be competing with those at the top.

I see it's back to wrist slashing time again.

Unbelievable.

From reading through many posts on here, I surmise the average age on this forum must be about 10.

Not exactly, But not all of us like the idea of being a mid table championship team.

I am slightly surprised to see that so many thought Hoganson was better than Freeman. I thought they both defended well. I thought Hoganson looked a lot more nervous than Freeman and wanted rid of the ball as soon as he got it. Also thought he was lucky that a lot of his rushed clearances ended up with a Derby player.

That bein said it was quite a stead debut.

Hoganson sounds like a great kid, just heard his interview, was brilliant.

I've already read at least one person on another messageboard writing him off in familiar Derby County supporting '... will never make a footballer' mode. Not only that but all five of his mates in the pub agree with him.

As for me, I thought he did well.

Archived