Derby County v Wolverhampton Wanderers

CumbrianRam

The lack of width and penetration was the problem.

Coutts is awful without Brayford and doesn't make up for his bad play with effort in fact he doesn't give one if its not working.

Bryson is a cm.

Hughes has been found out. Didnt do much wrong today with the ball but that's the point. He didnt offer anything different than his last 4 poor games.

Legzdins' distribution was poor, great saves though.

How do we change it?....

Legzdins

Freeman Keogh Brayford Hoganson

Kept a clean sheet, don't change it.

Davies Bryson Hendrick Jacobs

Ward Sammon

Give Hughes a well deserved and needed rest, coutts needs to sort himself out. At least Davies and Jacobs are hungry.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are some real nutters on this forum.

6-1 Derby. Hendrick, Ward, Bryson and Sammon with another tap-in that'll have radio derby raving about him being the best striker in the division....only because you were crap Roger. Only because you were crap...

If you genuinely thought that Roger was crap, then there are some real nutters plus one on this forum. Anyone who went to Tottenham for that miraculous 5-3 would have elevated him to 'legend' status from that day forward. Mind you, if you missed Spurs away and went to the league game at Chelsea when he waltzed around Bonetti then fell over, I'll let you off.

As I have said before, the owners do not want promotion.

Mid table mediocrity with 20,000+ crowds - Thats what they want.

And for this, we have the perfect squad and manager!

You might have said this before but it doesn't make any more sense with repeating. I'd like to hear your reasoned argument supporting what you said. The owners are in this to make money and the only way they are going to make money is to get us in the prem and then sell up some time later. You have a strange view of capitalism if you think the owners are going to be content to lose millions of £s every year we stay in this division

How come Jacobs lost his chance to play just off Sammon?

I don't remember him and Ward both starting? I'd like to see it. Perhaps Ward on the left and Jacobs supporting. At least you've got two players who get forward and attack naturally.

Jacobs did well in the 4411. Thought he'd of got another couple of runs there

How come Jacobs lost his chance to play just off Sammon?

I don't remember him and Ward both starting? I'd like to see it. Perhaps Ward on the left and Jacobs supporting. At least you've got two players who get forward and attack naturally.

Jacobs did well in the 4411. Thought he'd of got another couple of runs there

There's one too much..

Wasn't at the game today, but a bit confused by some of these posts.

In this thread, it has been mentioned that we played 4-5-1 today, but also that bryson was played out of position on the left. One of these must be wrong. Or is Ward swapping between wide left and up top? Just wondering if he did send them out as 4-4-2 with bryson out of position, or 4-5-1?

I don't understand why he doesn't go for it a bit more against a team just above the relegation zone at home. Clough doesn't seem to be the most tactically astute manager either. Can you imagine him playing Eranio, Baiano, Wanchope and sturridge in the same team?! I can't!!

Wasn't at the game today, but a bit confused by some of these posts.

In this thread, it has been mentioned that we played 4-5-1 today, but also that bryson was played out of position on the left. One of these must be wrong. Or is Ward swapping between wide left and up top? Just wondering if he did send them out as 4-4-2 with bryson out of position, or 4-5-1?

I don't understand why he doesn't go for it a bit more against a team just above the relegation zone at home. Clough doesn't seem to be the most tactically astute manager either. Can you imagine him playing Eranio, Baiano, Wanchope and sturridge in the same team?! I can't!!

1st half was 442 second was 451 this made bryson play in the center instead of the left which was where he was in the first half

Considering injuries and suspensions and the quality of the Wolves squad (their position lies)

After 32 games, the table is an accurate representation of the quality of every team in my view. They may have recent PL experience but they finished a distant last last year and have been poor all season.

After 32 games, the table is an accurate representation of the quality of every team in my view. They may have recent PL experience but they finished a distant last last year and have been poor all season.

Agreed. But for our two fullbacks to be up against the likes of Doyle and Sako who costed Wolves a combined fee of 10m they we're excellent. Not to mention them having players like O'Hara and Henry in midfield. At the back we we're great

Terrible as a spectacle. I don't know why people say Hughes needs to be dropped we weren't any better with Bryson and Hendrick there or with coutts. We just need more than hoping Jamie ward can create something. We didn't play at the same tempo as most home games. The full backs are ok, I wouldn't like to build a side with then in but ok to fill in, a bit like Jackson and boets really. I would have liked to have seen theo or/ Bennett for a bit but can understand salmon being left on for his height as they were a threat from set plays

Archived