One or two loans.

sage

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I am being honest...

GK - We are okay, we've got 2 good keepers - both probably lacking in experience, but ability wise as far as I can tell.. they're good.

LB - we need improvement, Roberts is good at this level but he can't go on forever, he'll be gone at the end of the year I would imagine.

CB - we could do with improvement, that much is sure - If Barker comes back without showing signs of losing a bit then we'll be okay, but I think we're more than likely going to have to strengthen.

RB - we're good at right back, as well as having the best right back in the division we have some comfortable back up.

LM - Again, left midfield I think we're okay with - we have Ward and Jacobs who can both play there... although Bryson seems to be set up there at the minute.

CM - as long as we don't lose anyone we're okay here - Coutts, Hughes, Hendrick and Bryson all comfortable here.

RM - I think we could do with an improvement on Benj Davies, and a bit of competition for Coutts.

ST - Yes, we could improve here - no doubt.

So my shopping list priority in order for summer/loan...

LB

CB

ST

RM

You buy well in them positions, and we will strengthen no end.

If I am being honest...

GK - We are okay, we've got 2 good keepers - both probably lacking in experience, but ability wise as far as I can tell.. they're good.

LB - we need improvement, Roberts is good at this level but he can't go on forever, he'll be gone at the end of the year I would imagine.

CB - we could do with improvement, that much is sure - If Barker comes back without showing signs of losing a bit then we'll be okay, but I think we're more than likely going to have to strengthen.

RB - we're good at right back, as well as having the best right back in the division we have some comfortable back up.

LM - Again, left midfield I think we're okay with - we have Ward and Jacobs who can both play there... although Bryson seems to be set up there at the minute.

CM - as long as we don't lose anyone we're okay here - Coutts, Hughes, Hendrick and Bryson all comfortable here.

RM - I think we could do with an improvement on Benj Davies, and a bit of competition for Coutts.

ST - Yes, we could improve here - no doubt.

So my shopping list priority in order for summer/loan...

LB

CB

ST

RM

You buy well in them positions, and we will strengthen no end.

Agree with every word.

Indeed exactly what I was saying

Prioritise a LB and CB then look at improving up front and get some young freebie from the lower leagues to push coutts.

I think with a left back we've got to be astute with who we sign, I think there are a lot of teams where the left back position is a weakness, and the high profile players go for good sums of money. I would probably opt for Stephen Crainey from Blackpool, personally always impresses me which is rare for a left back.

• {content}

[url=https://twitter.com/SNicholsonDT]Steve Nicholson ‏[size=3]@SNicholsonDT[/size]
    "We'll not look at the loan market just for one game," added Clough.
    [size=3] [/size]
    [/indent]

• {content}
    [url=https://twitter.com/SNicholsonDT]Steve Nicholson ‏[size=3]@SNicholsonDT[/size]
    "We've four centre halves struggling. We'll be a bit stretched, but we will find solutions from within the squad," said Clough.
    [size=3] [size=4] [/size][/size][/indent]

• {content}
    BREAKING: Rams manager Nigel Clough rules out a move for a loan signing.[/indent]

Naylor recalled from loan - playing for the U21s v Crewe today

I wouldn't mind seeing Naylor or Gjokaj start against Hull - Naylor has proven himself more than competent at this level out of position last season filling in for Bray, so would be good to see him given a shot in his right position.

and Gjokaj looked very good pre-season, highly rated young player... give him a shot!

I wouldn't mind seeing Naylor or Gjokaj start against Hull - Naylor has proven himself more than competent at this level out of position last season filling in for Bray, so would be good to see him given a shot in his right position.

and Gjokaj looked very good pre-season, highly rated young player... give him a shot!

Gjokaj not involved for the 21's today too, Naylor is. looks like he may play!

Archived