Chris Martin

Nijul_cluff

3 best footballing teams!? Agreed at times we have played very good football, Palace have done decent football, but Leicester mainly hoofball!

How can you say that Leicester in paticular are a better footballing side than, Watford, Brighton, Cardiff etc!?

I wouldn't say Cardiff are a good footballing side.

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris Martin admits he would be open to the prospect of making a loan move from Norwich City to Derby County permanent.

The 24-year-old striker has been at Pride Park since February.

He has netted twice during a 12-game spell with the Rams and has enjoyed his time in the Championship.

Martin will be out of contract in the summer, paving the way for him to leave Norwich as a free agent.

No decision has been taken on his future as yet, but he would be willing to consider an offer from Derby.

Martin told the Derby Telegraph: "Yes, I'd definitely be open to it.

"I can't really focus too much on it while the season is going on, but I'll be looking to finish strongly and see where that takes me.

"The fans have been great - and the lads as well." - http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11696/8683564/Chris-Martin-would-consider-permanent-Derby-move

It's quite funny. Does anyone actually realise that Russell has 12 LEAGUE goals this season. Yes, 12 goals in the SPL... Why does everyone want him so bad? Also, Jackson was good in league 2 with Gillingham, went to Norwich and scored 13/14... Similar to Vaughan... I don't see why you'd prefer them to vaughan. Yes we can do better than vaughan, but not them 2!

Jackson is a better value player than Martin and Vaughan.

Seen and heard about all three players enough times, having family over in Norfolk.

He's out of contract, doubt Norwich won't extend having got Van Wolfswinkel on the books next season and he's more than capable of scoring goals at this level. If he's worst than the other two, why is he the one not out on loan?

750,000 for a injury prone Vaughan or a freebie who could manage twenty a season with the right service? Tough-un

Martin, Vaughan, Forsyth, Baptiste  - if that's it I'm not impressed. Two that didn't exactly set the world alight on loan, one injury-prone forward (albeit good at times) and a 6/10 centre half. Where's the pace, where's the entertainment, where's the flair?

If Yeovil don't go up I'd love to see Madden come to us and Perkins and Whitehead to bolster midfield options. As you know I'm an Adomah fan but he would cost more than a Big Mac so we couldn't afford him.

Jackson is a better value player than Martin and Vaughan.

Seen and heard about all three players enough times, having family over in Norfolk.

He's out of contract, doubt Norwich won't extend having got Van Wolfswinkel on the books next season and he's more than capable of scoring goals at this level. If he's worst than the other two, why is he the one not out on loan?

750,000 for a injury prone Vaughan or a freebie who could manage twenty a season with the right service? Tough-un

Who said Vaughan couldn't manage 20? Jacksons never managed more in the Champ then Vaughan has this season!

Really? How'd you know that?

Never been impressed by Vaughan and if he didn't score a hat-trick last weekend people wouldn't be so thrilled about his goal tally this season. Do you think he is capable of starting 46 games? Don't want another Tyson thanks. 

Simeon Jackson goal record:

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†

2004–2008 Rushden & Diamonds 88 (40)

2005 → Raunds Town (loan) ? (?)

2008–2010 Gillingham b. 101 (35)

2010– Norwich City[A] 72 (17)

I cannot see an obvious 20 goals a season striker that some people think is so obvious?

Martin, Vaughan, Forsyth, Baptiste  - if that's it I'm not impressed. Two that didn't exactly set the world alight on loan, one injury-prone forward (albeit good at times) and a 6/10 centre half. Where's the pace, where's the entertainment, where's the flair?

If Yeovil don't go up I'd love to see Madden come to us and Perkins and Whitehead to bolster midfield options. As you know I'm an Adomah fan but he would cost more than a Big Mac so we couldn't afford him.

You want entertainment and flair and then suggest Whitehead? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Martin told the Derby Telegraph: "Yes, I'd definitely be open to it."

Nothing statement really, it's like saying I would be open to a kick in the balls but when the event is just about to happen I miraculously decline the kind offer. The bit that was left out of the quote was yes I'd definetely be open to it (if the wages were right)

You want entertainment and flair and then suggest Whitehead? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You have to have the Whiteheads of this world if the rest of the midfield are being Brazil. Granted he's a bit of a lump but he's a useful lump to have!

Archived