Chris Martin

Nijul_cluff

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he is different to Sammon, in the fact that given the chance to score with his feet i'd fancy him, Sammon not so.

the problem is getting into those positions as his lack of pace doesn't allow him to make easy space.

...and that's his job. I am a true supporter and hope like hell each new player we sign does the business. In the first couple of games I gave him the benefit of the doubt over his general sharpness. I just don't see it's improved and he needs to be sharp because he lacks the aerial power, strength and guile to get goals any other way.

Chris Martin looks good back to goal recieving a ball and holding it up.

Not much goal threat that I can see, and slow. Sammon and him will never make a partnership to terrify anyone.

On balance, I going off the idea of signing him.

Aye,in an ideal world where he is fit and has a good preseason behind him, I'd see him getting around 10-13 goals a season, and as on BBC it says Theo has 9 and hasn't played half of the season's games, it looks like we would be going backwards with this signing.

He's not fantastic, he's alright, would be a decent addition to the squad as he has scored 3 in 8 (2 wrongly ruled out) but if there was a chance to bring in a natural goal scorer instead, that would be preferable I think even if they were from lower league

I think we might get Martin and another striker as well, hopefully a 20 goals a season Barker type signing!!

...and that's his job. I am a true supporter and hope like hell each new player we sign does the business. In the first couple of games I gave him the benefit of the doubt over his general sharpness. I just don't see it's improved and he needs to be sharp because he lacks the aerial power, strength and guile to get goals any other way.

​I liked martin to begin with, purely down to his ability to control a ball and footballing brain.

Now i'm not too sure.

It's hard to judge a striker who is playing in an out of form side, however good strikers normally do well if they are provided with the service and i think that he has been provided with enough service to make a bigger impact than he has.

agree, and the polar opposite to Sammon.

In that they have opposite attitudes to hard work and opposite ability to control a ball, yes, but neither of them look like hitting the onion bag.

Archived