The Big Sammon Thread

Rich3478

Are you really that stupid. Theo has scored 8 this season. Is he better player than Sharp? Coutts made more assists than McGugan. Is he better player? Why should i explain such an obvious things?

Don't need insults and calling people stupid - croticise the post not the person.

On you point about players being better etc.. Last time I checked football is a team game and over the season so far you have got 9 points more than us. 3 wins isn't alot for such a superior squad really now is it.

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I think it most unlikely that I am THAT STUPID, seeing as though the likelihood is that my IQ far exceeds yours. All I am doing is pointing out that you have, once again (as seems to be your usual modus operandi), come out with a highly opinionated statement which does not stand up to any sort of scrutiny whatsoever, especially because you have then tried to justify your own previous sweeping statement by side-stepping and camouflaging your original postulation with a fog of utter garbage, twaddle and of course your usual abuse.

YOU mentioned Sammon (7 goals this season) as being markedly inferior to Cox (5 goals this season), Sharp (10 goals this season), Blackstock (6 goals this season) and Tudgay (0 goals this season), and NOW you bring Theo (8 goals this season) into the equation.  

I leave it to others to judge who amongst us is THAT STUPID rather than lower myself to your level.

If in doubt, throw in some latin Eddie - loving your work! :p

Are you really that stupid. Theo has scored 8 this season. Is he better player than Sharp? Coutts made more assists than McGugan. Is he better player? Why should i explain such an obvious things? 

It's all about opinions chief, and yours ain't always right...

Also someone may look a fantastic player and produce very little end product by way of goals, assists, clean sheets etc.

I don't really care about looking at other team's players stats but if Coutts has more assists/goals/contributions to goals than McGugan this year then I'd personally rather have Coutts (who actually I happen to think looks like a good player as well).

You may prefer to have someone who looks a good player but delivers less end product for the team, fill yer boots but you don't need to resort to childish insults to get your point across cos it invariably makes your argument look poor.

Don't need insults and calling people stupid - croticise the post not the person.

On you point about players being better etc.. Last time I checked football is a team game and over the season so far you have got 9 points more than us. 3 wins isn't alot for such a superior squad really now is it.

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

I didn't realise he was a Florist - otherwise I wouldn't have gone so easy on him.

2 goals in 2 games for Conor Sammon, GOAL MACHINE!

Just scored against Burton. (Winning 1-3)

CONOR SAMMON DU DU DU DU!!

Even Tyson scored two in this game. So, he's still awful.

• 1 month later...

I was sure there was another thread somewhere  debating the qualities of Conor Sammon. I couldn't find it though.

Young dcycheo has got a lovely little you tube channel going. Some cracking vids by the way Dycheo  amd hope no-one minds me linking.

I'd ask genuinely here, can those who think Conor Sammon is awful watch this video and then come back and be honest. After watching these contributions would you still label him a lump?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKaz4rDEgrc

The video does make him look good.

Admittedly he does have some good attributes but there were many time last season (I'm a season ticket holder so yes I've seen him play) when his touch, passing and finishing were terrible. BUT for some reason I genuinely think this season with a long term partner in Russell he will come good. We all know he won't bag 20+ a season, but I can see him getting near the 15 mark if he is given the right partners. Him and Russell could be lethal!?

I've not seen a collection of mis-hit, scuffed attempts, shots hit into the ground as in that video to be honest. Only other comment would be if the season lasted 5 mins 39 seconds then he would be a excellent player, the video clips shows one mininsule part of his playing performances over the season so is hardly representative of his overall standard of play.

Sammon's problem is that he's just not a target man. He has appalling control, can't jump and has no poacher's instinct - meaning that defenders don't have to worry about his presence in the box.

As that video clearly shows, he does have some ability as a player running on to the ball. All his good work comes when he is playing quick passes or running on to a through ball.

IMO he cost us a lot last season through missing sitters and giving the ball away, but I'd say that is because we tried to play him in a role that he just can't do.

I think his best position would be sub - and I'm only being slightly tongue in cheek. I think that if he came on after 70 minutes he'd really terrorise tired defenders with his energy and elbows. I reckon he'd be far more of a goal threat then, and his work rate would actually help us close games down. At present he ineffectually tires himself out, so his good work is just wasted.

I was sure there was another thread somewhere  debating the qualities of Conor Sammon. I couldn't find it though.

Young dcycheo has got a lovely little you tube channel going. Some cracking vids by the way Dycheo  amd hope no-one minds me linking.

I'd ask genuinely here, can those who think Conor Sammon is awful watch this video and then come back and be honest. After watching these contributions would you still label him a lump?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKaz4rDEgrc

I was expecting to see a few hidden gems, something I hadnt seen before from him.

There was probably about three genuine moments of quality in that video. The pass against Charlton, the dribble and pass for Wards goal against Bristol City and the play/finish at the end against Millwall. Apart from that, it was a mixture of decent, fair enough play and goals I could have scored. 

He's a professional footballer, of course he's going to do things well at certain points. When people say he's got bad ball control, it's not every single time, it's in comparison to what a professional footballers should be. 

It makes me laugh how youtube videos on players usually have some spectacular goals and moments of brilliance, even for **** players. For Sammon, it consists of some ok play and a few tap ins, says it all. 

Youtube is such an immature tool for rating footballers..

I mean seriously, when trying to make out a player is good, you're not going to show some horrific plays from him.. You'll clearly pick his best stuff..

As EKR says, he's a professional footballer.. You could make a 15 minute clip on any footballer from the PL, NPC, L1, L2, any of the Scottish leagues etc.. and make him out to be good..

If a guy plays 45 league matches a season.. 20 second clips from each game will give you a complete 15min video.. I mean, out of 90 minutes on the football field, you'd be able to spot a good 15-20 seconds from even the players having the worst game of their lives.. Be it a good touch, pass, movement or shot..

I could even give you a 15min viedo of Lionel Messi to make him look ****.. All it would take is the 15-20 seconds a game where he's misplaced a pass, lost possession on a dribble, taken a bad touch or simply fallen on his arse..

Archived