The Big Sammon Thread

Rich3478

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking more of the managers point of view...I wouldn't like working for a chairman like that.

He also sausagetered that Derby outplayed them and fair play to us, which must be quite nice for a manager. Although i take your point in general.

1 goal in 22 for club and country! Truly shocking!

That's prolific compared to all the Forest forwards put together. They haven't had a striker score a single goal since the poison dwarf slummed back into town looking for another redundancy payment.

That's prolific compared to all the Forest forwards put together. They haven't had a striker score a single goal since the poison dwarf slummed back into town looking for another redundancy payment.

I think their strikers have managed 2 (that weren't from the spot) since January

I think their strikers have managed 2 (that weren't from the spot) since January

Both by Henderson, I think.

Must have both hit him on the banjo target and rebounded in.

Hopefully the weekend's performance will give Sammon a bit of confidence, clearly the dropping against Barnsley gave him a bit of a kick up the proverbial, competition for places is no bad thing either.

I think he just lacks a bit of conviction with his technique and shooting. I used to go through periods of over thinking the situation when I was playing up front, sometimes you just need the opportunity to clear your head and remember that putting the ball in the back of the net doesn't have to be too complicated. I'm not sure it's necessarily his technique that's lacking, he does get into some decent positions, I think it's more a case of him remembering how to score and relaxing a little bit in front of goal.

I think next season we'll see a fair bit more of him.

In fairness to BD he's only been there a short time and has had to play the hand he was dealt,Clough

has actually bought Sammon.

He was dealt an expensive hand though. Not many clubs could spunk out on cox and Sharp. Think Sharp's wages ruled a lot of teams out?

Just thought I would stir this one up a bit.

Sammon has 7 goal this season in the league.

Now people are saying he doesn't shoot enough but he has 53 shots this season and only 7 goals.

So that's less than 2 shots a game then?

If a striker had 4 shots a game and scored 20 goals a season that would be 1 goal per 8 shots. Currently Sammon us one goal per 7.5 shots. Similar conversion rates.

So that's less than 2 shots a game then?

If a striker had 4 shots a game and scored 20 goals a season that would be 1 goal per 8 shots. Currently Sammon us one goal per 7.5 shots. Similar conversion rates.

Why hasn't he scored 20 goals this season then?, or am I missing some,thing.

Because he hasn't had 4 shots per game - maybe the chances being missed aren't by him.

I think he could definitely shoot more often, though he quite often finds himself in the channels or making a decoy run etc.

He runs the hard yards and creates space for others but it goes without saying that if he had more shots he's have more goals!

Never going to be a goal scorer as such but I'd be looking for at least 5 more goals from him next season and lets face it if he got 12 in a season, he'd have the same as Savies, Robinson and Ward have managed in a season, so if you add to that everything else he brings to the side I'd say it was a pretty decent return...

48 pages and counting debating whether one of our players is any good or not, haven'tr we exhausted all coherent arguments by this stage?

I think the coherent arguments were in the first two pages, All pantomime stuff after that. 

Archived