The Big Sammon Thread

Rich3478

The only our player who would get in F*rest line up is Brayford. Though they have piss poor keeper too.

Keogh's better than Collins so he would, Roberts might from how bad they make Harding out to be, Hendrick and Hughes might scrape places Cynic :p . 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to topic, so you mean Sammon is better than Cox, Sharp, Blackstock and Tudgay? Stop it now.

The only our player who would get in F*rest line up is Brayford. Though they have piss poor keeper too.

Right so we beat them twice last season, once this season and drew one this season and you think our players wouldn't get in the forest line up...

Hughes??? Hendrick??? Feilding???? Brayford????? Ward???? thats 5 players for a start..

Back to topic, so you mean Sammon is better than Cox, Sharp, Blackstock and Tudgay? Stop it now.

We are talking the Forest side who have not had a single goal scored by any of the players you mention in their LAST 21 MATCHES???

Squad, not starting xi................

Well.... Given Nigel's tendency to play players until they're burnt out and not rotate the squad, we generally only use about 13 players! So first XI will suffice for this debate.

For all the criticism that Sammon gets, you'd be a liar if you said that any of those players you mention have been significantly better than him this season!

What they do have is a manager who makes the sum of the parts greater than the individuals contained. He will do next year. People slag off the likes of Leacock and McEveley and Mo Camara etc, and on paper they wouldn't get into our current side... but with a good manager...

In terms of pedigree Forest have a very good first team on paper, yet they have failed to perform up to anywhere near the standard some of those players have set at previous clubs. If they had stuck with O Driscoll they would have secured playoffs by now, instead  they will look back on this season as a massive missed opportunity, like many clubs including ourselves, considering how weak the league is. 

Why are we talking about these cvnts anyway ?

Right so we beat them twice last season, once this season and drew one this season and you think our players wouldn't get in the forest line up...

Hughes??? Hendrick??? Feilding???? Brayford????? Ward???? thats 5 players for a start..

Just look at the table.

Majewski is 130 times player Ward is. Hughes and Hendrick have potential to be better players than F*rest ever had. But not now.

For all the criticism that Sammon gets, you'd be a liar if you said that any of those players you mention have been significantly better than him this season!

What they do have is a manager who makes the sum of the parts greater than the individuals contained. He will do next year. People slag off the likes of Leacock and McEveley and Mo Camara etc, and on paper they wouldn't get into our current side... but with a good manager...

I don't give a **** about stats tbh. All of them just better footballers than Sammon.

You are right about good manager though. I think we can do better with decent manager than we do now.

I don't give a **** about stats tbh. All of them just better footballers than Sammon.

You are right about good manager though. I think we can do better with decent manager than we do now.

You still haven't explained how their superior strikers haven't managed a single goal between them in almost half a season.

On the other hand, we have your word that they're better footballers than we've got, so I suppose it's not unreasonable for us to make allowances for their other minor failings such as their basic ability to do the job they are paid for (i.e. score the odd goal on occasion).

Just look at the table.

Majewski is 130 times player Ward is. Hughes and Hendrick have potential to be better players than F*rest ever had. But not now.

Majewski? Really? He's more of an enigma than a talent. He's lightweight, cannot tackle, struggles to pass more than ten yards and goes missing for lengthy periods during the game! I would call you a Forest fan but it's clear you haven't seen Majewski play more than twice! He has got a decent long shot on him though.

I know if you had to choose between Hendrick and Majewski, most people who've seen both play would pick Hendrick, as they would also pick Bryson too. I'd pick Bailey over Majewski!!!!!

This is the problem, football isn't 1 v 1. or Real Ronaldo would've beat Borussis Lewandowski last night. It's a team game so stats do matter.

You still haven't explained how their superior strikers haven't managed a single goal between them in almost half a season.

On the other hand, we have your word that they're better footballers than we've got, so I suppose it's not unreasonable for us to make allowances for their other minor failings such as their basic ability to do the job they are paid for (i.e. score the odd goal on occasion).

Are you really that stupid. Theo has scored 8 this season. Is he better player than Sharp? Coutts made more assists than McGugan. Is he better player? Why should i explain such an obvious things? 

Are you really that stupid. Theo has scored 8 this season. Is he better player than Sharp? Coutts made more assists than McGugan. Is he better player? Why should i explain such an obvious things? 

I don't get it... Surely you're only as good as your last game!! Do you think Bobby Charlton is still a better player than say.. Wayne Rooney?

If i say Vydra is a better player than Conor Sammon, am i a Watford fan? Just bog off.

No but you might be an Udinese fan. :) If you didn't take such exagerated views just to get your point across perhaps people wouldn't treat you like a fool.

If i say Vydra is a better player than Conor Sammon, am i a Watford fan? Just bog off.

Maybe if you were not quite so offensive to other people as well that might help. Chill out, it really isn't that important whether people agree with you or not.

McGugan's *****! He fits into the category Leacock, McEveley and Camara were placed into earlier on in this thread.

No, I think it most unlikely that I am THAT STUPID, seeing as though the likelihood is that my IQ far exceeds yours. All I am doing is pointing out that you have, once again (as seems to be your usual modus operandi), come out with a highly opinionated statement which does not stand up to any sort of scrutiny whatsoever, especially because you have then tried to justify your own previous sweeping statement by side-stepping and camouflaging your original postulation with a fog of utter garbage, twaddle and of course your usual abuse.

YOU mentioned Sammon (7 goals this season) as being markedly inferior to Cox (5 goals this season), Sharp (10 goals this season), Blackstock (6 goals this season) and Tudgay (0 goals this season), and NOW you bring Theo (8 goals this season) into the equation.  

I leave it to others to judge who amongst us is THAT STUPID rather than lower myself to your level.

Just look at the table.

Oh right the table where the top 8 ate a million miles above the rest? 11 points from 22nd to 8th, 13 from 22nd to 6th

I think its fair to say currently the championship is the most evenly matched division in the country, and no team is really that far ahead or behind others (apart from maybe 1st and last place)

Archived