The Big Sammon Thread

Rich3478

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was dealt an expensive hand though. Not many clubs could spunk out on cox and Sharp. Think Sharp's wages ruled a lot of teams out?

Still, my point is still correct.BD may not have agreed with the valuation and didn't wan't them anyway.Anyway

why one rule for one and not the other.All the Clough groupies on here complain about him not having the

players to work with until now.You can't have it both ways.

Still, my point is still correct.BD may not have agreed with the valuation and didn't wan't them anyway.Anyway

why one rule for one and not the other.All the Clough groupies on here complain about him not having the

players to work with until now.You can't have it both ways.

erm.... The point I made was he needs to get forests strikers scoring - he hasn't. Regardless of what Sammon has or has not done does not alter the fact that super Billy hasn't done anything about the weakness in their squad.

If Sammon hadn't been playing, maybe Hendrick wouldn't have 7, Ward 12, etc.

To just say Sammon has 7 - Charlie Austin has 20, therefore is better. What's to say that if we'd got Austin all season instead of Sammon then we'd have a striker with 20 goals, but centre backs who haven't been pulled out of position therefore less goals from Hendrick, Ward, Bryson, etc. Less corners conceded, so less goals from Buxton and Keogh. Therefore, as a whole we're no better off.

Not saying 7 is acceptable, but it's not possible to look at one player's contribution based around one statistic.

He's a good honest pro and seems a genuine bloke, that's why although certain aspects of his game aren't good enough, he has qualities that are better than other players in his position.

For me it's not his cost, it's not his goals per game, it's for me as a target man his control is pretty poor, the ball bounces off him and the amount of times he gives it away when is is the focal point of the attack. I just think he is a work horse donkey.

If Sammon hadn't been playing, maybe Hendrick wouldn't have 7, Ward 12, etc.

To just say Sammon has 7 - Charlie Austin has 20, therefore is better. What's to say that if we'd got Austin all season instead of Sammon then we'd have a striker with 20 goals, but centre backs who haven't been pulled out of position therefore less goals from Hendrick, Ward, Bryson, etc. Less corners conceded, so less goals from Buxton and Keogh. Therefore, as a whole we're no better off.

Not saying 7 is acceptable, but it's not possible to look at one player's contribution based around one statistic.

He's a good honest pro and seems a genuine bloke, that's why although certain aspects of his game aren't good enough, he has qualities that are better than other players in his position.

yes we ALL know his contributions but surely he should of put away quite a few more chances than he has this season, its just frustrating watching him sometimes miss oppertunities which should be finished by a striker never mind if he contributed to the run-up play of goals earlier in the season.

I don't think he was worth £1.2 million to start off with, his goal rate is modest and is inl one with an SPL player coming into the championship, he's not Premeir League quality. He's an average championship scorer, I think Clough will be looking for another striker this summer.

Regardless of how much we paid for him he is at best a very average Championship player. 

At his best, he's dominated Championship defences, and that's got him international caps. At his worst he looks a pub player. Next season I think we'll see a bit more of the former and a bit less of the latter.

Archived