Derby County v Nottingham Forest

uttoxram75

For me Clough picked the 11 best players but not the best team. Bring in Ward and Bryson meant going 451, changed it to 442 with Bryson on the left. For me 442 is the way forward and Clough should of picked two out of Hughes, Hendrick and Bryson and picked either Davies or Jacobs on the left

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree Hucknall, but we also had a lot of success at home earlier in the season with that 11 with Hughes on the left. That would be my best team assuming all fit

Legs

Brayford Keogh OB Roberts

Coutts Hendrick Bryson Hughes

Sammon Ward

he didnt dive.... just running fast and got a nudge... wasnt a foul either. but dont think it was a dive.

Sorry completely disagree.

He had just been clattered 2 minutes earlier and was looking for a foul.

Not the first time he has done it.

I moan when other teams players do it so certainly don't want my own team doing it.

Cisse - you cannotc compare a game played in 1986 to today. That's laughable.

You cannot compare ticket prices being a myth about lack of people going to games. Any local derby in the country sells out because it's a local derby.

Yesterday was one damp squid for everything. Crowd, performance, Clough, away fans, only people happy were the police!

My point exactly. Not selling tickets has nothing to do with price, more that people only want to go to certain matches. If we reached the Premiership we could put our prices up and still sell out every week.

I'm afraid I could not have agreed more with the 'you're only here to see the Forest' chant being aimed at at least one third of our ground yesterday.

Clattenburg ruined the game by getting every decision correct and keeping things calm. we are used to dodgy refs in these games to get the crowd and players going. he should have sent ward off for that slighty late challenge on keeper or sharp for that tap on hughes. then it would have been a much more exciting game! Least eventful derby in ages.

Would like to see the incident again where Hendrick was charging through 2 on 1 and was hacked down from behind.

The same thing happened about 10 minutes later except their player actually failed to connect with his foul.

Very cynical fouls in my opinion, not that it had any effect on the outcome.

My point exactly. Not selling tickets has nothing to do with price, more that people only want to go to certain matches. If we reached the Premiership we could put our prices up and still sell out every week.

I'm afraid I could not have agreed more with the 'you're only here to see the Forest' chant being aimed at at least one third of our ground yesterday.

Think you are right on the 'you're only here to see the forest'. That might have something to do with what team we are playing on the day. Bit pointless if the tranmere fans sang it a couple of weeks ago.

one third? You mean one eleventh.

Just to add something to this for the old ones that can remember the good old baseball ground.Did anyone hear John Motson say yesterday " Ask any of the Derby fans how PROUD they are of Pride Park " with a view of it being an improvement on the baseball ground !!!!!.Well my view is yes its more modern and looks great but the atmosphere is pathetic and always has been bar a couple of match's.When this stadium was being built we were PROMISED a ground that was like the old baseball ground with the stands close to the pitch to create that atmosphere still.I feel desperately SORRY for the younger ones who will never see this atmosphere week in week out not matter who visits.We have lost something vital to home match's in my opinion and its damn shame.

Disagree.

Never went to the BBG but I've been to plenty of remaining old grounds that compare and they're the same as PP now.

Lifeless, goal music, quiet for 90% of the match...

It's not the ground, it's the average modern day fan.

It's a family thing nowadays.

Back in the day, there were mostly men, kids were in the far end, and the loud ones where all pissed up and in the same bit.

A lot of that type of fan can't afford the tickets nowadays.

Times change, sometimes for the best, views, ease of access, some for the worse, all seats, price, atmosphere.

Archived