Derby County v Nottingham Forest

uttoxram75

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now, I'm getting on a bit so forgive me if my memory has faded a little, but I'm sure that in the BBG days the two teams would come onto the pitch seperately. We could roundly boo and jeer the opposition and all rise as one to applaud the Rams as they entered the arena. This would then trigger a full chorus of 'Oh when the Rams' and the atmosphere would be brilliant for kick off.

Have I remembered this rightly?

If so, when/why did it change to the teams ambling on together?

If there's no regulatory stipulation, wouldn't it be better to go back to the teams appearing from the tunnel seperately?

Now, I'm getting on a bit so forgive me if my memory has faded a little, but I'm sure that in the BBG days the two teams would come onto the pitch seperately. We could roundly boo and jeer the opposition and all rise as one to applaud the Rams as they entered the arena. This would then trigger a full chorus of 'Oh when the Rams' and the atmosphere would be brilliant for kick off.

If so, when/why did it change to the teams ambling on together?

If there's no regulatory stipulation, wouldn't it be better to go back to the teams appearing from the tunnel seperately?

You're not wrong. Early Seventies would have been an electric roll call of honour from the Popside which got you right in the mood. The floor of the Ley Stand echoing the sound. All in a set order, in a list of popularity starting with Toddo MaaacFarland and ZZ Hector. John O'Hare never given the credit he deserved in my world. And John McGovern always came last. Despite scoring the posters were right in there.

Cup games are not indicative Dav. Season ticket holders are lazy, and they don't want to sort a ticket out. If season ticket holders could voluntarily opt into a scheme to have cup tickets sent automatically to them, you would see a lot more attend. Season ticket holders cannot get to the ticket office and then you phone up and get charged a booking fee!!

League games are bread and butter and that today is what people prefer to go and see.

Reduce the ticket prices and you get attendances such as the 26,000 for Hull.

I was living in London in the seventies and a mate of mine used to get tickets from one of the players at West Ham occaisionally. Great atmosphere. A live military band on the pitch used to play 'I'm forever blowing etc' when the the Hammers ran out, then interject 'B*ll*cks to *** (insert name of team)' when the opposition ran out.

Young lads used to stand on beer crates to get a better view. I remember one instance, when Bobby Moore took the ball off one of his players who was trying to take a quick free kick, thereby losing the immediate advantage, a young lad said 'Why'd 'e do that Dad?'

Reply 'It's 'is bladdy ball, init'. Some great humour.

Absolutely nothing!

My original post was just saying the fact that we had 10000 plastic fans there may have had an influence on the atmosphere.

How many fans travelled from abroad and from all over the country because they can only afford one or two games a season and quite understandably decided to choose the home game against our local rivals. People like you make me sick. Calling our fans "Plastic". I live on the South Coast. 400 mile round trip to Pride Park. What about the fellah drumming up interest in Derby in Switzerland and paying hundreds to come over? Plastic fans...........You can shove it mate! If anybody is plastic it's (presumably) regulars like you who sit on your hands and complain all the time that are ruining the atmosphere!

How many fans travelled from abroad and from all over the country because they can only afford one or two games a season and quite understandably decided to choose the home game against our local rivals. People like you make me sick. Calling our fans "Plastic". I live on the South Coast. 400 mile round trip to Pride Park. What about the fellah drumming up interest in Derby in Switzerland and paying hundreds to come over? Plastic fans...........You can shove it mate! If anybody is plastic it's (presumably) regulars like you who sit on your hands and complain all the time that are ruining the atmosphere!

I don't think he was referring to you or muespach, more the fans who live in derby and decided to oly show up for this game. Couple of my dads mates (from derby) went on Saturday and he asked them why they don't come more often. There answer "can't be bothered" or "when we're in the premiership". They're plastic fans.

Cup games are not indicative Dav. Season ticket holders are lazy, and they don't want to sort a ticket out. If season ticket holders could voluntarily opt into a scheme to have cup tickets sent automatically to them, you would see a lot more attend. Season ticket holders cannot get to the ticket office and then you phone up and get charged a booking fee!!

League games are bread and butter and that today is what people prefer to go and see.

That's rubbish - ST holders can buy the week before while they are at the groun, or on the day fir the same price. nothing to do with being lazy

I'm offended. Also puzzled to how you came to this conclusion...but mostly offended.

"Somehow the "pre-match" experience at Pride Park has got even worse.

Horrendously loud tannoy pop music, an air siren with a voice saying "THIS IS YOUR 2 MINUTE WARNING", The ball boys all running out together and doing a choreograped run around the centre circle, their ridiculous ram mascot doing laps waving a big flag non stop, every announcement being sponsered.

It's this watered down family disneyfied 'experience' rather than a football match between two rivals.

The City Ground is pretty bad for this but still miles better."

From a Forest fan.

Hate to say, I agree with him.

Like panto.

Wait till the gumps are running out to this fooker..............

Archived