Derby County v Nottingham Forest

uttoxram75

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait till the gumps are running out to this fooker..............

Lol, I wouldn't swap anything with them. But PP is trying to become a sports entertainment venue. Soon we'll be chanting 'oh no it isn't' and 'he's behind you'

Tried really hard to enjoy yesterday but all chanting at the begging was hard trying to compete with pop music. Then it feels weird being asked to cheer "ball kids" and "Rammie" as they do some weird scripted display. Around about the 70th minute I looked to my left in the SE corner, saw about 10 18-25yr old lads not singing. Looked to my right and saw some bloke moaning at Nige. A bloke behind me abusing Sammon..... I just couldn't be bothered for the last 20mins. Nobody around me seemed to carry on either.

Wish we could all look forward to going and the players could run out and hear our support. I know singing isn't for everyone but the place is an atmosphere killer. Singers feel like giving up.

Lol, I wouldn't swap anything with them. But PP is trying to become a sports entertainment venue. Soon we'll be chanting 'oh no it isn't' and 'he's behind you'

Tried really hard to enjoy yesterday but all chanting at the begging was hard trying to compete with pop music. Then it feels weird being asked to cheer "ball kids" and "Rammie" as they do some weird scripted display. Around about the 70th minute I looked to my left in the SE corner, saw about 10 18-25yr old lads not singing. Looked to my right and saw some bloke moaning at Nige. A bloke behind me abusing Sammon..... I just couldn't be bothered for the last 20mins. Nobody around me seemed to carry on either.

Wish we could all look forward to going and the players could run out and hear our support. I know singing isn't for everyone but the place is an atmosphere killer. Singers feel like giving up.

I was in the stand at 12.50 and totally agree it is pisspoor - the shouting and screaming on the tannoy is awful. I don't usually get to me seat til the players are on the pitch/just kicked, off so I am not used to it.

I will continue to wait until the last possible moment in future!

Sat in a rusty shed surrounded by empty pink seats singing a song that Maverick & Goose sang badly in Top Gun as you wait to watch an epic game of hoof ball and seeing who can get sent off first?

Give me Disneyland any day.

did they sing Mull of Kuntire on top gun?

How many fans travelled from abroad and from all over the country because they can only afford one or two games a season and quite understandably decided to choose the home game against our local rivals. People like you make me sick. Calling our fans "Plastic". I live on the South Coast. 400 mile round trip to Pride Park. What about the fellah drumming up interest in Derby in Switzerland and paying hundreds to come over? Plastic fans...........You can shove it mate! If anybody is plastic it's (presumably) regulars like you who sit on your hands and complain all the time that are ruining the atmosphere!

My comment is not aimed at people like you at all but if that is how you have chosen to take it then fine.

I imagine people from abroad and all over the country made up about an extra 200 fans out of the 10000 I am talking about.

You know the extra 10000 'fans' that were there for the whole of the Premier League season.

And you know nothing about how I behave on matchday and maybe you should be a bit more grateful to 'the regulars who sit on their hands' because without them there would be no Derby County for you to support.

Whilst I agree with you it's disappointing when the same said people can't attend an FA cup game where the price of the ticket is 3 times less than the Forest one.

We've just got **** fans. Highlighted even more so on the road away from home.

Just to add this debate about the loyalty of our fans.

I don't understand why some of our supporters want to turn following the club into a contest, as though having a season ticket, travelling 200 miles to watch us away from home and turning up on a cold January afternoon to watch us play Tranmere in the FA Cup makes you better than those who can't or choose not to. It doesn't.

Calling our own fans **** or plastic comes across as not only divisive but arrogant too. Why some fans feel the need to lord it over others about how many games they attend or how loyal they are is quite frankly beyond me. It's all very much circumstantial and a matter of choice, something which every fan is able to exercise.

In my mind, whether you go to one game or 50, travel 5 miles or 5,000, pay £5 or £35 for your ticket is not what's important. What's important is you've made the choice to support Derby County. That counts for something when there are an abundance of teams that are more successful and more entertaining and in some cases more affordable and convenient to watch.

I don't understand why some of our supporters want to turn following the club into a contest, as though having a season ticket, travelling 200 miles to watch us away from home and turning up on a cold January afternoon to watch us play Tranmere in the FA Cup makes you better than those who can't or choose not to. It doesn't.

Calling our own fans **** or plastic comes across as not only divisive but arrogant too. Why some fans feel the need to lord it over others about how many games they attend or how loyal they are is quite frankly beyond me. It's all very much circumstantial and a matter of choice, something which every fan is able to exercise.

In my mind, whether you go to one game or 50, travel 5 miles or 5,000, pay £5 or £35 for your ticket is not what's important. What's important is you've made the choice to support Derby County. That counts for something when there are an abundance of teams that are more successful and more entertaining and in some cases more affordable and convenient to watch.

Nobody's making it into a competition, just questions being asked about the loyalty and commitment some fans have.

Nobody's making it into a competition, just questions being asked about the loyalty and commitment some fans have.

You are bound to see a decrease in fan numbers when things don't seem to be improving on paper, with improvement you will see those fans who left come crawling back. Im just happy we have decent attendances, after all, we are still 2nd in the championship average attendances and the only reason for that is becaue Brighton have just had a new stadium.

Now, I'm getting on a bit so forgive me if my memory has faded a little, but I'm sure that in the BBG days the two teams would come onto the pitch seperately. We could roundly boo and jeer the opposition and all rise as one to applaud the Rams as they entered the arena. This would then trigger a full chorus of 'Oh when the Rams' and the atmosphere would be brilliant for kick off.

Have I remembered this rightly?

If so, when/why did it change to the teams ambling on together?

If there's no regulatory stipulation, wouldn't it be better to go back to the teams appearing from the tunnel seperately?

......and get rid of all the toddlers waving flags and the mutual knob shaking before kick off......this is supposed to be serious.

Arrogant or just the truth? Or even just my opinion. Half decent at home and awful away.

Nobody's making this Into a contest. Especially not taking the high ground with games attended so god knows where that's come from.

Hey, new poster here.

I agree that yesterday was a very poor game. It's pretty funny to see all the Forest fans lording it up on Twitter and suchlike saying they "smashed" us when they had two shots on target. BOTH teams were average, we're just better at admitting it because we don't have delusions of grandeur.

A few thoughts on what's been said in the thread:

- Keogh definitely MOTM for me. He was outstanding.

- We really need another central defender to pair with him. Really.

- That game may have been too big for Hughes, especially when he wasn't fully fit. He'll bounce back.

- The hoof ball, 4-5-1 rubbish needs to stop. We have the ability to knock it about on the ground. We have great passing midfielders. We're better than that and it makes Sammon look like an awful player (not that I think he's anything special).

- Clattenburg was very good

- Atmosphere wasn't terrible, but not magnificent either. I think that's been the case for a while now because we're so stuck in this mid-table limbo. And I totally agree that the cold combined with the fact that the level of football was so poor meant that no one really felt like going nuts.

- People are complaining about pricing, but it's a lot better than it used to be.

- I really wish we didn't have so many fans that abuse and scream at the players when things aren't going our way. As far as I'm concerned that isn't support. Encourage them, don't call them "******* useless *****" when they make a couple of poor passes.

Archived