Derby County v Nottingham Forest

uttoxram75

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its just every fan makes is a priority this is the defo game to go and see, and others are hit and miss, is it fair to call them un worthy fans???

Not everybody can get to every game week in week out.

Whilst I agree with you it's disappointing when the same said people can't attend an FA cup game where the price of the ticket is 3 times less than the Forest one.

We've just got **** fans. Highlighted even more so on the road away from home.

Whilst I agree with you it's disappointing when the same said people can't attend an FA cup game where the price of the ticket is 3 times less than the Forest one.

We've just got **** fans. Highlighted even more so on the road away from home.

Tbh you could apply that across the country with cup games, plenty empty seats at Old Trafford against West Ham the other week, a waiting queue for ST's but where were they for that game?

It's a family thing nowadays.

Back in the day, there were mostly men, kids were in the far end, and the loud ones where all pissed up and in the same bit.

A lot of that type of fan can't afford the tickets nowadays.

Times change, sometimes for the best, views, ease of access, some for the worse, all seats, price, atmosphere.

interesting what u say about cost. do u think its a lot more to go now relative to say 70s? Back then your mid-20s male on lowish pay had wife and kids. the equivalent now probably single and living with parents. things like new phones are more important than football. and sky sports is more than a derby season ticket.

Tbh you could apply that across the country with cup games, plenty empty seats at Old Trafford against West Ham the other week, a waiting queue for ST's but where were they for that game?

You could, attendances are poor generally in the cup. United charge £40+ still for adult tickets in the cup though so you can see why there.

I just don't understand the arguments put forward from our own fans, they're a load of ****. I understand people have jobs, families, mortgages and other plans but not 15,000 people, ironically on the same day. People moan at ticket prices yet when they are literally giving them away for a pittance people still don't take up the option.

If we beat Blackburn on saturday and draw a decent PL club at home everyone will ironically not have families, jobs, mortgages etc to worry about. I hope the club put the tickets up if this is the case.

Like you say, it's not just our fans, every club in the country. I just can't agree with defending them, it's generally a lack of commitment, nothing else. I wouldn't mind it if we didn't try and blow our own trumpet about our support and just got on with it like most clubs.

Well, my first match ticket on the pop side was £5.50 I think. I think I would have been on £1.50/ hour as an apprentice spark.

The qualified sparks where on about £4.50 / hour

Average on the books spark rate is now about £12/ hour.

Ticket price say £30?

I'd say is that double?

I live down in Poole and can only afford to go to a few games a season. Travel costs me more than the tickets so I pick the games I think I will enjoy most. So I try to make the forest home and away games along with some of the away games in the south. If we draw a big club in the cup I'd also probably try and get a ticket. However saying the tickets for the Tranmere game were only 10 quid is all well and good but it still costs me over 60 quid in train fares so doesn't represent good value for me. I imagine I'm not the only one in this position either.

I live down in Poole and can only afford to go to a few games a season. Travel costs me more than the tickets so I pick the games I think I will enjoy most. So I try to make the forest home and away games along with some of the away games in the south. If we draw a big club in the cup I'd also probably try and get a ticket. However saying the tickets for the Tranmere game were only 10 quid is all well and good but it still costs me over 60 quid in train fares so doesn't represent good value for me. I imagine I'm not the only one in this position either.

The part timers that live in Derby do not have this as an excuse. If I lived in Poole I would probably do the same as you. This example does not represent 10000 extra fans.

Sorry completely disagree.

He had just been clattered 2 minutes earlier and was looking for a foul.

Not the first time he has done it.

I moan when other teams players do it so certainly don't want my own team doing it.

fair do's.... i dont want to see any rams doing it either. but i thought it was just a running and off balance thing

"Somehow the "pre-match" experience at Pride Park has got even worse.

Horrendously loud tannoy pop music, an air siren with a voice saying "THIS IS YOUR 2 MINUTE WARNING", The ball boys all running out together and doing a choreograped run around the centre circle, their ridiculous ram mascot doing laps waving a big flag non stop, every announcement being sponsered.

It's this watered down family disneyfied 'experience' rather than a football match between two rivals.

The City Ground is pretty bad for this but still miles better."

From a Forest fan.

Hate to say, I agree with him.

Like panto.

Horrendously loud tannoy pop music, an air siren with a voice saying "THIS IS YOUR 2 MINUTE WARNING", The ball boys all running out together and doing a choreograped run around the centre circle, their ridiculous ram mascot doing laps waving a big flag non stop, every announcement being sponsered.

It's this watered down family disneyfied 'experience' rather than a football match between two rivals.

From a Forest fan.

Like panto.

Show me someone who doesn't agree with that and I'll show you someone who's wrong. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

From a Forest fan.

Like panto.

Sat in a rusty shed surrounded by empty pink seats singing a song that Maverick & Goose sang badly in Top Gun as you wait to watch an epic game of hoof ball and seeing who can get sent off first?

Give me Disneyland any day.

From a Forest fan.

Like panto.

Couldn't agree more. So American.

Guess its football these days 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mellow' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':mellow:' />

Archived