Derby County v Nottingham Forest

uttoxram75

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, and the support from both sets of fans today was absolutely dire... It was the worst for atmosphere I can remember in the derby.

Shameful.

Totally agree, I hope it's down to the weather, however my worry is that given both clubs only have this as their games of the season now, both sets of supporters have set their selfs as a must not lose game, rather than what I should be, a local derby. The football was no different from previous meetings, yet previous games mistakes were not met with the groans and moans of today, past times the encouragement came throughout the 90 minutes.

Hopefully the atmosphere will return, maybe from derbys side we are that used to winning these games we have been spoilt, the banter seemed to be lacking, and the game was to me a forgetful derby.

Not a single comment on Cloughs woeful substitutions. Hughes and Coutts were abysmal today. They should have been off, or with Ward/Bryson not fit enough for 90 minutes, at least one of them should have gone off.

Failure to start 4-4-2 and give Sammon any support was a woeful decision.

Sorry, but what do fans see if Clough and his team?

He is full of putting square pegs in round holes.

As for atmosphere - well, said it shouldn't have been played and when it's that cold, the atmosphere will always be poor. Take an evening game anytime against Forest.

Not a single comment on Cloughs woeful substitutions. Hughes and Coutts were abysmal today. They should have been off, or with Ward/Bryson not fit enough for 90 minutes, at least one of them should have gone off.

Failure to start 4-4-2 and give Sammon any support was a woeful decision.

Sorry, but what do fans see if Clough and his team?

He is full of putting square pegs in round holes.

As for atmosphere - well, said it shouldn't have been played and when it's that cold, the atmosphere will always be poor. Take an evening game anytime against Forest.

I agree with the square pegs but what a load of cods wallop about it being too cold. How much do these players get paid. Too cold my arse!!!

Too cold for the fans! That environment simply doesn't create a cracking atmosphere.

I felt that apart from 10 minutes after there goal, the forest fans were almost silent which led to the home fans not being as noisy. Leeds were twice as noisy as forest.

To cold to create a atmosphere, how pathetic. In our biggest home game of the season we can't get any kind of atmosphere going, this has left me far more disappointed than failing to benefit a very defensive minded stench team.

Yet another reason to avoid PP like the plague.

Here's the thing. Most fans will not join in anti Forest songs. Like all grounds the quiieter fans wait for the noisy few thousand to start songs. If the SE corner started the song that most fans join in with 'We are Derby...' a lot of the ground will join in.

Too cold to create an atmosphere is bull. The best atmosphere I ever been in a football match was Kuusysi-Steaua Bucharest 1986. It was minus something and one stand was filled with several meters high snowbanks. The place was packed and there was 33000 people there who were sitting almost in each others lap because the lack of the space.

I wonder if the poor atmosphere was down to the fact that for approximately 10,000 fans this was their first, and last, game of the season and they don't know what any of the chants are?

Glad that the theory of ticket prices being the factor preventing big crowds has been dispelled too. Back down to 12,00 crowd next week despite prices being £10 or £12 no doubt.

On to the game, agree with what everyone is saying (except the comment about Clattenbugr being poor) honestly thought we would steam roller them the way came out first 10 minutes. Its a shame we didn't get an early goal and really test them. Once they got a foothold in the game we never really got back in to it.

Left the ground thinking we had probably been lucky to snatch a point (certainly considering the Sharp shot that had Legdzins beaten all ends up) but now having looked at the stats maybe a draw was a fair result.

As is often the case, I was very surprised by a few Clough decisions, namely Bryson and Ward starting on a cold day and Coutts and Hughes staying on.

End of the day its not all bad, its another season where we have not lost to our local rivals and I still believe we will finish higher than last season.

We were poor yesterday. Difficult to criticise Clough as he does have a good record against Florest. But we showed them too much respect. We only play defensive at home against the top teams (Cardiff, Brighton, Hull). Why we started 451 against this Florest team in such poor form I'll never know. Of course we switched to 442 in the 2nd half and scored! But once level we seemed happy with a point. Mystifying?

Several players played poorly as well which didn't help.

Very disappointed. 442 from the start and a more positive attitude and I'm convinced we would have won.

Just to add something to this for the old ones that can remember the good old baseball ground.Did anyone hear John Motson say yesterday " Ask any of the Derby fans how PROUD they are of Pride Park " with a view of it being an improvement on the baseball ground !!!!!.Well my view is yes its more modern and looks great but the atmosphere is pathetic and always has been bar a couple of match's.When this stadium was being built we were PROMISED a ground that was like the old baseball ground with the stands close to the pitch to create that atmosphere still.I feel desperately SORRY for the younger ones who will never see this atmosphere week in week out not matter who visits.We have lost something vital to home match's in my opinion and its damn shame.

Cisse - you cannotc compare a game played in 1986 to today. That's laughable.

You cannot compare ticket prices being a myth about lack of people going to games. Any local derby in the country sells out because it's a local derby.

Yesterday was one damp squid for everything. Crowd, performance, Clough, away fans, only people happy were the police!

Archived