Will Hughes

blackNwhites

PP would make the perfect u21 ground for home games imo. New, nice size in the middle of England and in a couple of years it'll have Pride Plaza. Make a bito money for us too 'http://www.dcfcfans.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Oh, and near the new national football centre...obvious choice if they ever needed one.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who said 'play for England'?

I'm not advocating that Will Hughes SHOULD be called up for England - I merely stated that I wouldn't be surprised if he was called up to a squad. It is designed to give the player a small sample of what it's about in a game that probably means nothing, and it gets them accustomed to the way the England squad works. Then, when they get called up in a couple of years time, they are not overawed by the situation.

It happened to Raheem Sterling at 17, it happened to Wilfried Zaha at 19, hell, it happened to Frank Fielding a year or so ago, although unlike the other two I mentioned he never got any game time.

OK I dont even think he will get a taster of the senior squad until after 2014 world cup. Just my views I hope he does but he needs more time to develop.

Nigel is rightly protective of Will.

He makes a point of taking him off in the 88th minute so he can show him how much he appreciates him.

On Saturday he took him off to remove any risk of a second booking.

Not many managers are that sensitive.

Shows Nige treats the players as human beings rather than commodities.

Will Hughes is ready for the premiership just yet, if he went to a prem team he would be in the under 21's , so he might aswell stay at derby develop in the first team and then maybe look at it again. My opinion, championship teams have sussed hughes out in the way he plays, if he went to the premiership he would get sussed out straight away .

Archived