Will Hughes

blackNwhites

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that is the case I 100% stand corrected Eddie.

I was at the game and I completely forgot to look.

In fairness I created that post on the back of a awful performance vs Blackburn. It was a bit of a reverse from Hughes today as there were no penatrative passes from him today but he put himself about more which is what you need to do to compensate for a dip in form.

Just to confirm I am one of the biggest Hughes fans he will be one of the best championship cm's in 2 or 3 years.

Are you serious? If he carries on progressing at the rate he's doing he'll be well beyond championship standard in 2 or 3 years time.

Enjoy watching him play for Derby while you can. There's a slim chance he'll be with us next season but as far as I can see the board's strategy depends on him going for as much money as possible this summer.

Are you serious? If he carries on progressing at the rate he's doing he'll be well beyond championship standard in 2 or 3 years time.

Enjoy watching him play for Derby while you can. There's a slim chance he'll be with us next season but as far as I can see the board's strategy depends on him going for as much money as possible this summer.

You guys ahead of yourselves. He needs 2 years in the championship to become one of the stand out players and make the step up. In 2 years time nobody knows how good he will be, I hope he progresses as much as zaha did with the 3 years he had in the championship.

Hopefully derby get promoted and that's his route to stardom. Future England under 21 regular will be key to his progression. Getting him in to the squad can only be a good thing.

I think we all need to take it a bit slower he has been found out in many a game this season. Nonetheless he has been too good for the championship in some games ie Leeds. If he is the best player in the championship in the 2014/15 season I will be over the moon but in my honest opinion he needs a few more years.

As I'm watching Super Bowl right now it comes to my mind that Hughes would be a good canditate to become so called a franchise player. We should build on him and try to get promoted seriously while we have him. We should see who we have right now that can do the job in Premier in two three years and made the new signings accordingly.

Hughes is a decent NPC CM with good potential..

If the likes of Scott Parker can get England games then so could Will Hughes.. But $12mill most certainly isn't his current value.. Nowhere near..

And $40mill.. That'll all depend on inflation.. We have no idea what transfer fees will be like in 8-10 years time.. If it's the same as now, then $40mill is laughable.. That would suggest he'd be better than Fabregas..

Also since when have England ever had a good team.. Being labelled an English international CM isn't the same as being labelled 'a good player'...

My scout report of Hughes

Shooting 5/10 - it's not bad but he doesn't pull the trigger enough.

Passing 7/10 - he can make clever 5/10 yard passes but I haven't seen him hit many calculated long balls, range of passing fairly close quarters.

Tackling 8/10 - he can tackle, he can tackle as good as anyone else I've seen at this level.

Heading 5/10 - he is no John Terry at heading a ball, but he does get his fair few as pointed out.

Pace 5/10 - doesn't really use it, he isn't slow though.

Vision 9/10 - this is his game, does see things that others can't

Current Ability 6/10 - he is a good championship midfielder, not one of the best however.

Potential Ability 9/10 - I think he'll play for England, he'll go on to play in the premiership.. In years to come will we say his name in the same vain as Scholes, Zidane and Pirlo? I doubt it, unfortunately.

Being just 17 there are a couple of things for certain that will happen. Hughes will become bigger, stronger, faster and fitter.

Also he will get better as he practices his skills and finally he will gain experience. All in all, provided he stays fit, he is likely to be a far better player in 5 years time, when he will just be coming into his prime years

And $40mill..

Andy Carroll?

Being labelled an English international CM isn't the same as being labelled 'a good player'...

Becks did okay in your "best league in the world ever omg they're so so good I nearly did bad things in my pants they're so good"

As did Stevie Mac back in the day...

Archived