Dropping Attendences

Stimacked

See that we are sitting down in Fourth place in the attendences. below you know who from down the Road

by a few dozen. We have only had one big gate this season when we took on Sheffield Wednesday and that was mainly because they brang 6,000 odd fans to the away end.

Brighton are selling out there ground every game and deservedly sit at the top

Brighton 25, 751

Sheff Wed, 25, 198

Red Dogs 22, 452

Rams, 22, 392

Leeds, 22,097

Leicester, 21,959

Wolves, 21, 793

Cardiff, 21, 392

Charlton, 18, 752

Bolton, 17, 652

[url=http://www.emfootball.co.uk/attend.html]http://www.emfootball.co.uk/attend.html

I guess we would expect, near sell outs against LXXds, and the Red Dogs and big gates against Leicester and maybe Wolves, but we are well down on last year I think.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See that we are sitting down in Fourth place in the attendences. below you know who from down the Road

by a few dozen. We have only had one big gate this season when we took on Sheffield Wednesday and that was mainly because they brang 6,000 odd fans to the away end.

Brighton are selling out there ground every game and deservedly sit at the top

Brighton 25, 751

Sheff Wed, 25, 198

Red Dogs 22, 452

Rams, 22, 392

Leeds, 22,097

Leicester, 21,959

Wolves, 21, 793

Cardiff, 21, 392

Charlton, 18, 752

Bolton, 17, 652

[url=http://www.emfootball.co.uk/attend.html]http://www.emfootbal....uk/attend.html

I guess we would expect, near sell outs against LXXds, and the Red Dogs and big gates against Leicester and maybe Wolves, but we are well down on last year I think.

We'll be above those red canines come the end of the season, we are yet to have anything below 20k, their lowest league gate is about 17-18k - but our drop appears to be in line with the average, its not as if we're losing more bums on seats than anyone else, it just looks more exaggerated because not that long ago we were full house every other week.

In my view, its less to do with the quality of football, as the core support will turn up regardless, but also the recession (that said we are out of it (at the moment)) has meant that football has become a luxury some can't afford - not helped by rising prices, however you could argue that we still have one of the best value grounds in the league.

In terms of clubs around us in the attendances - for Brighton, this is one of their best periods in their history, especially recent years, Owls support is just magnificent and always has been, buoyed by promotion too. Red Dogs have new owners, I was expecting more of them to come crawling out than that due to them all wetting themselves in excitement, but new optimism will have brought some back. In those 4, ours is probably the most stable in terms of events surrounding the club - nothing has really happened - no takeover/new stadium/promotion etc etc.

Hi, everyone. The average crowds will improve as we still have to play the Red Dogs, Fester, Wolves, Leeds etc.

Ironically the standard of play is far better now than when we were filling the ground, even if it was with thousands of kids, on kids for a quid type deals. The only way we are going to return to full houses is by a return to the Prem. That's when the armchair fans stir themselves.

I think Diognex or whatever it's called is partially to blame. With my circumstances it's normally a last minute decision to go so not being able to pay on the gate/queue for a ticket before kick off has put me off.

This is such an easy win for many clubs (not just us).

Make it as easy as possible for someone to walk up and pay on the day. Why is that concept so difficult for highly paid marketing people to understand. Please employ a normal person, someone who has actually been a real football fan.

I am available as a consultant for £500 a day. One day a week would be fine. Perhaps a day's overtime week before chrimbo but apart from that I'm easy.

This is such an easy win for many clubs (not just us).

Make it as easy as possible for someone to walk up and pay on the day. Why is that concept so difficult for highly paid marketing people to understand. Please employ a normal person, someone who has actually been a real football fan.

I am available as a consultant for £500 a day. One day a week would be fine. Perhaps a day's overtime week before chrimbo but apart from that I'm easy.

That's a great post. Diginex or whoever they are, have no place in football. Why the he'll does a football club have to employ another company or organisation to help them sell tickets?

Just set the bloody price at a reasonable level and people will come to watch Derby play.

It isn't rocket science for gods sake! Why do we need a computer program to set the price.

It's absolutely ridiculous.

That's a great post. Diginex or whoever they are, have no place in football. Why the he'll does a football club have to employ another company or organisation to help them sell tickets?

Just set the bloody price at a reasonable level and people will come to watch Derby play.

It isn't rocket science for gods sake! Why do we need a computer program to set the price.

It's absolutely ridiculous.

Forget the actual pricing for a moment.

When times are hard (on and off the pitch!) people struggle to commit to ST's and games months in advance. The club needs a way to encourage fans to go to occasional games at short notice.

Obviously the price needs to be reasonable but also the actual "experience" of trying to get a ticket on the matchday should be made as painless as possible.

A late, cash turnstile is surely not beyond the realms of corporate ingenuity?

Forget the actual pricing for a moment.

When times are hard (on and off the pitch!) people struggle to commit to ST's and games months in advance. The club needs a way to encourage fans to go to occasional games at short notice.

Obviously the price needs to be reasonable but also the actual "experience" of trying to get a ticket on the matchday should be made as painless as possible.

A late, cash turnstile is surely not beyond the realms of corporate ingenuity?

Funny isn't it that for the majority of away games you can pay cash at the gate but at your home ground.....?

• 3 weeks later...

Perhaps our new Chief Executive will drop it. Problem is that there has been so much publicity nationally about it.

Sam Rush is attributed with saying that he intends to tackle falling attendances.I don't think tinkering with prices (whilst keeping S/T holders happy) is going to have much impact.As has often been the case,it's the product quality that will more likely influence floating fans.

Well we've steadily improved at home to the point now where we've been unbeaten for seven games, not lost at home in two calendar months and all the while playing some very encouraging football too, what better time is there for a 'floater' to come and watch us? Yet during this time we've only peaked at 25,034 for Leeds, which is usually a gate of 30,000+.

Although we're not officially in a recession any more, the financial climate still doesn't lend itself to ticket prices for Championship football being consistently north of £25-30 and that is why fans are staying away in my opinion.

Pride Park is widely acknowledged as an expensive ground to visit.

Well we've steadily improved at home to the point now where we've been unbeaten for seven games, not lost at home in two calendar months and all the while playing some very encouraging football too, what better time is there for a 'floater' to come and watch us? Yet during this time we've only peaked at 25,034 for Leeds, which is usually a gate of 30,000+.

Although we're not officially in a recession any more, the financial climate still doesn't lend itself to ticket prices for Championship football being consistently north of £25-30 and that is why fans are staying away in my opinion.

Pride Park is widely acknowledged as an expensive ground to visit.

That's not what the survey of clubs up and down the country said..

you can do it on the cheap if you follow the deals (sitting in the SW corner for example is always cheap).

Archived