Dropping Attendences

Stimacked

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"for some matches" is the bit that's confusing me.Are you saying that overall ,so far to date(taking into account missed matches), you would have been better off financially paying match by match, or just that on some occasions this would be the case? My point would only work if there was some degree of certainty that you could make savings.Ironically,the ditched Groupon adventure,because of the uncertainty of matches to be included at the outset would be less likely to mean fans ditching their tickets purely on financial grounds.

If the present system were retained and fans had noted religeously the various cheaper starting prices,you might have a problem with those who can't attend all matches (and start working out what it might have cost match by match)

It's a variable price depending on Category of match. I think considering the three/four matches I have missed will miss this season then it would have been cheaper to use this option.

If I had attended all matches then the ST is still cheaper.

Next season it will be better for us to go match by match I think.

It's a variable price depending on Category of match. I think considering the three/four matches I have missed will miss this season then it would have been cheaper to use this option.

If I had attended all matches then the ST is still cheaper.

Next season it will be better for us to go match by match I think.

Seems like I might have had a point,especially when times are hard.I was only thinking about these mini plans as well.If someone was having difficulty attending night matches,could he/she take out a mini plan (choosing Sat ko's) and supplement this with individual matches at cheapest available prices and beat S/T price? Or might cheapest individuals trump the mini plan anyway? (only using individual as an example because I don't know how the mini plan works in your situation).

Ramblur

Thanks for the initial figures.

I think you would see an extra 500 pr so on average through away fans because they would appreciate a cheaper ticket and like going to a team with the biggest attendance in the league.

7000 or so extra people at the games I think would see additional income as follows:

Programme sales - £1000 per game additional revenue

Additional food sales - now I don't know how this model works but if attendances were higher, I am sure there would be room to negotiate a better deal for dcfc even if all proceeds currently go to the catering team. Circa £5000 per match

Merchandise sales - £2000 per game. Again, no idea on match day income from this but I am sure they would relate additional footfall in the club shop.

Increased attendances at cup games as people are more in the spirit of going to games - £20,000

Increased revenue from car parking - £100 x 50 = £5000

Increased likelihood of being a tv game - £30,000 (no idea on tv game income)

I appreciate this needs to be offset with Additional cost of policing and match day costs.

So the above could create circa £250,000 in additional income away from match tickets to add onto the figures that Ramblur has posted.

It's all ifs and butts and probably relies on having a good team out on the pitch to keep us entertained but I would be interested to know if the club has considered this approach.

The club could say that there are a large majority of events driven by price changes depending on take up (flights, hotels etc) but how many examples can you come up within where we as a consumer are regularly doing these events (excluding where it's work driven). I think that will be very low.

Don't know enough about other aspects to be able to comment,rammieib,but you're probably a bit out on catering.I believe that the catering rights was a 10 year deal,struck at a time when attendances were high,so any future higher attendances would merely reinstate the starting point (roughly).I don't know if the deal was in any way related to fluctuating attendances,but I suppose it could have been struck on the basis of basic + attendance based bonus (but I haven't a clue-pure speculation).

Don't know enough about other aspects to be able to comment,rammieib,but you're probably a bit out on catering.I believe that the catering rights was a 10 year deal,struck at a time when attendances were high,so any future higher attendances would merely reinstate the starting point (roughly).I don't know if the deal was in any way related to fluctuating attendances,but I suppose it could have been struck on the basis of basic + attendance based bonus (but I haven't a clue-pure speculation).

If it was basics plus attendance based bonuses I would hope the basic would be high and we didn't lose out on a lot of revenue when attendances were high but also don't lose out through drops in attendances too.

We could at least be certain of the lowest possible catering revenue for budgeting purposes

To be fair to Glick, I bet the contract for the catering would have been commercially good for dcfc.

Pity it didn't seem to include any clauses about basic quality food standards and by all accounts, pricing.

Again, I bet if pricing was more reasonable, instead of cinema/concert prices, the total return would be greater.

I don't think you could ever get away with charging the same for best and worst seats in the house.

Hmm - have you seen the prices for the FA Cup game vs Tranmere?

All tickets £10 (ST) and £12 (non-ST)

So - they can get away with it obviously...

I'm dubious about the range of pricing for seats across 4 categories - there are very few "bad views" in modern stadiums and it's not really clear to me what the "premium" is that you're paying for if you buy the most expensive category seats

• 3 weeks later...

Archived