Ticket prices

rammieib

I know I won't be the first and I won't be the last but the ticket prices are simply ridiculous.

Derby v Birmingham is 32 quid for a cat C in the East stand currently. So let's look at the parameters:

1. The game is on sky.

2. Their recent form and league position is poor.

3. Our very recent form is poor, but you could argue the recent home form is good.

4. The weather is currently terrible

5. There will obviously be 10,000 empty seats.

6. We are beginning the build up to Christmas where people have less to spend.

I am a season ticket holder but I do find it sad to see so many empty seats and then see how much a game costs. I genuinely see the pricing models going full circle. They work better in America where cities have millions of people, and teams play at home 50/60 teams a season. (except NFL which sells out anyway)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I won't be the first and I won't be the last but the ticket prices are simply ridiculous.

Derby v Birmingham is 32 quid for a cat C in the East stand currently. So let's look at the parameters:

1. The game is on sky.

3. Our very recent form is poor, but you could argue the recent home form is good.

I am a season ticket holder but I do find it sad to see so many empty seats and then see how much a game costs. I genuinely see the pricing models going full circle. They work better in America where cities have millions of people, and teams play at home 50/60 teams a season. (except NFL which sells out anyway)

I agree.

There is no chance of getting walk up occasional fans at £32 a pop.

If you was out for a pint on Friday night and lads were saying its £15 in the East & North Stand tomorrow on the door, d'ye fancy it, a few might be tempted. £32 v Brum when its on telly? No chance, meet you int pub at 5.....

There have been a few occasions this season when I might have been tempted, but looked at the prices and thought 'nah'.

They've shot themselves in the foot with this one. Will they be big enough to say they've made a huge mistake at the end of the season? Probably not.

1. The game is on sky.

think it be £35 on the day if I read it right on the website

I

Is it not cheaper the earlier you get the ticket?

And I wouldn't know because the main site is down. pffft.

I got a pair of cat b tickets in the East Stand about five weeks ago for the Brum game. They cost me £29 each. I've just checked and they are now £33 each. So yes, they were cheaper. They've gone from being very expensive to being extortionate. With the £3 extra for buying on a match day they would be £36 - at least the Digonex staff don't have to worry about crowds on a Saturday.

This ticketing system is wrong headed. To put up prices when there is low demand is commercially riduculous.

I cannot believe that the system was implemented. More surprising is the base rates and prices being used by the new system If we don't see a few employees leave in the summer over this mess what hope is their for the club as a business?

Yeah, heaven forbid that the club try and IMPROVE things for the fans, make it cheaper to go AND reward loyalty for those buying tickets in advance.......what ARE they thinking..!?? The should all be sacked.

Why not go for the £16 tickets in the SW corner? That's the same price as a ticket to watch a league 2 match.

Some people just love moaning I suppose and will ignore facts to prove a point.

I'm sure there are always "deals" on and cheaper tickets around the ground, most people probably wouldn't have the inclination to find them. Just give the fans a reasonable price and cut all the promotion bo**cks. I wouldn't pay 32 quid to sit in the directors box.

I wonder how many fans "ignoring the facts" are missing from PP every week.

Why not go for the £16 tickets in the SW corner? That's the same price as a ticket to watch a league 2 match.

Some people just love moaning I suppose and will ignore facts to prove a point.

Just for info....it is 18 pounds to watch Alfreton Town this season......so by my reckoning it is actually cheaper at Derby..??

sack the board

I'm sure there are always "deals" on and cheaper tickets around the ground, most people probably wouldn't have the inclination to find them. Just give the fans a reasonable price and cut all the promotion bo**cks. I wouldn't pay 32 quid to sit in the directors box.

But some people will which is why they're more expensive. Surely you're aware there are areas at all football grounds that are more sought-after and are therefore more expensive?

Everywhere you go in football is too expensive. I went with a friend to notts county recently, 22 quid to get in, and a mate of mine who went to reading as an away fan recently paid 40 quid.

Ad for derby, I really would love to know the logic behind charging so much in he few days before the game, which is when the majority of supporters who are undecided or simply don't know if they are going to be able to go make up their minds. I thought this dynamic priced system was going to be based on demand, but quite clearly it isn't, so what's the point of it?

ticketing works for people like me, who know when they can go far into the future and cannot make many games over the course of the season. if you know you're gonna get 6 tickets over the season you might as well buy the 6 match plan and get the games dirt cheap.

Archived