Ticket prices

rammieib

I've got a question for those people who are buying tickets in advance at the cheaper price:

Would you have bought those tickets last year at the normal price of around £23-26?

If the answer to that is yes then they are actually losing revenue from the early takers as well as losing revenue from the people who would buy tickets at the last minute under the old system.

If you don't mind sitting in the south west upper then £23-£26 is what you will pay on the day.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/the-price-is-really-right-dynamic-ticketing-could-transform-the-way-we-pay-to-see-live-events-8215701.html

"Not for long. Dynamic pricing, a system used widely by airlines, is revolutionising the British box office. It’s already happening in sport. When Derby County play Blackburn Rovers on Saturday, the price of thousands of tickets will have been determined by computer servers in Indiana, and may go up or down in the days before the game according to demand — or even the weather forecast (not great, as it happens)."

That linked article talks of prices going down, which I didn't think was possible given our price promise to the early buyers?

That game on the TV against Birmingham was definitely overpriced in my opinion, the TV situation should have been factored and the price dropped across the board. The small section in the South West Corner, still offers an excellent view (as all of PP does), and is superb value for money, it's still only £15 for tomorrow night, £11 for a couple of games, and generally less than £20 for every remaining home game (excluding the big three). The more I look into prices for future games, the more pleasantly surprised I am that they start off at a reasonable price.

The more I look into prices for future games, the more pleasantly surprised I am that they start off at a reasonable price.

This is the main problem! People don't realise how cheap tickets really are if you book weeks in advance, so when they see the prices the day of the game or a few days before - they don't see how it's changed/solved anything!

This is the main problem! People don't realise how cheap tickets really are if you book weeks in advance, so when they see the prices the day of the game or a few days before - they don't see how it's changed/solved anything!

Because some people can't buy them weeks in advance - and as I said before you'll hear more from people who it isn't working for!

That linked article talks of prices going down, which I didn't think was possible given our price promise to the early buyers?

That game on the TV against Birmingham was definitely overpriced in my opinion, the TV situation should have been factored and the price dropped across the board. The small section in the South West Corner, still offers an excellent view (as all of PP does), and is superb value for money, it's still only £15 for tomorrow night, £11 for a couple of games, and generally less than £20 for every remaining home game (excluding the big three). The more I look into prices for future games, the more pleasantly surprised I am that they start off at a reasonable price.

Don't forget that this is the first season that the system has been in place.

I would have thought that prices, as well as being demand priced, will build a profile of trends. This is the first Saturday evening match we have had this season and therefore no data would have been available.

Prices can go down but not lower than the season ticket equivalent.

Because some people can't buy them weeks in advance - and as I said before you'll hear more from people who it isn't working for!

For tomorrow’s match against Malky Mackay’s men, adult tickets are currently available from just £15 for adults, £13.50 for senior citizens and only £8.50 for under 18s.

Last two games I have looked at have been dirt cheap on the day of the game. I really can't see what people are moaning at!

For tomorrow’s match against Malky Mackay’s men, adult tickets are currently available from just £15 for adults, £13.50 for senior citizens and only £8.50 for under 18s.

Last two games I have looked at have been dirt cheap on the day of the game. I really can't see what people are moaning at!

Every cloud has a black lining

I bought my ticket's for tonight's game over a month ago at £14.00 each, but i now cannot make the game.

Work commitment's (the joys of being self employed) means that i have wasted £28.00.

I have also wasted £31, on the hotel that i booked to stay overnight.

So selling tickets early can do the club some favours.

Totally gutted about it (not the money, but not coming up)

I bought my ticket's for tonight's game over a month ago at £14.00 each, but i now cannot make the game.

Work commitment's (the joys of being self employed) means that i have wasted £28.00.

I have also wasted £31, on the hotel that i booked to stay overnight.

So selling tickets early can do the club some favours.

Totally gutted about it (not the money, but not coming up)

Can you look into a refund on either?

£12 for the Dull game is more than reasonable. Shame it has to only be in SW corner - not all round the ground.

Surely a ticket in the SW corner means you could quite easily sit anywhere in the Toyota stand where there's a space, and there's many-a-space these days. I've often thought of venturing down the ground at half time for a better view second half, similar to the old popside tradition of doing Columbo end first half then Vulcan second half back at the BBG, and we ALWAYS kick towards south stand first half, ignore the stewards!!!! ;-)

Surely a ticket in the SW corner means you could quite easily sit anywhere in the Toyota stand where there's a space, and there's many-a-space these days. I've often thought of venturing down the ground at half time for a better view second half, similar to the old popside tradition of doing Columbo end first half then Vulcan second half back at the BBG, and we ALWAYS kick towards south stand first half, ignore the stewards!!!! ;-)

Yeah I plan to move much further down than the Row X ticket the website decided to give me, but I'd much rather be sat in the East Stand somewhere.

Rampant Rob - obviously you didn't look for the Birmingham game!

I did, see page 3. Birmingham tickets were perfectly reasonable as well.

To carry on the theme, Leeds tickets:

[url=http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/secure-your-seat-for-leeds-516140.aspx]http://www.dcfc.co.u...eds-516140.aspx

Tickets are available from £25 for adults, £14.50 for senior citizens and £12.50 for under 18s

For a big fixture like Derby Leeds I don't think £25 is too bad at all.

But all you and dcfc are doing is hiding behind the offer of a reasonable (still five quid too much for me) ticket price for the worst seats in the ground.

Cat B in the East Stand is £39 quid - that is ridiculous. I am embarrassed to be a supporter of a team whose price is 39 quid. People are losing jobs left, right and centre. Our attendances are dropping and we are charging this. Sorry but this board is clueless.

Can you still pay 50p to get in the boys end and get all the way round into the Ozzie End?

The dynamic ticket pricing is a good idea, keeps it fresh and everything. But when you buy tickets for 27 pound (like I did at Leeds), and then it goes down to 25 the next day its a little annoying.

I did this in both Barnsley and Charlton at home. Just do it after half time.

Archived