Theo Robinson

WestLondonRam

If we got anything over 1million pound for Theo - I mean, come on... 1million pound.

Would you pay 1million pound for Theo?

Absolutely why not? In buying players, The value is based on how long his contract is, His age, His current Form and his Consistency.

He should be having what Atleast 1 more year+ He is young, Current Form statistically shows he has scored goals every 2 matches which is great & is consistent (12 goals last Year, 8 so far and looking good to beat that).

Football teams can sometimes discount little features like technical ability, Touch and holding the ball if they are sure that he can offer something to the team. Theo is such a guy who i feel can be sold for a neat profit to bring in a better player.

I see a 1 Mil for sure else he can always stay here.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theo scores goals. Goalscorers are worth money. Sell him for £750k and it would be staggeringly difficult to replace his goals for the money. Hence, £2m or he stays. Who's going to pay £2m for Theo? No-one in the Champ can afford it who he would improve, no-one in the Prem could overlook his technical flaws. Hence he stays. Next.

Theo scores goals. Goalscorers are worth money. Sell him for £750k and it would be staggeringly difficult to replace his goals for the money. Hence, £2m or he stays. Who's going to pay £2m for Theo? No-one in the Champ can afford it who he would improve, no-one in the Prem could overlook his technical flaws. Hence he stays. Next.

Listen to this guy. Well, ok, read what he says because it is spot on.

Theo is worth exactly what anyone is prepared to pay for him - but the kind of club who would buy him would not pay more than he is worth to Derby County. OK, Blackburn, Leicester or Forest might, but let's ignore clubs with more money than sense (in Forest's case, more fridges than sense). Theo is a decent 15-20 goals a season player, at least according to his record this season - at our level, he absolutely terrifies defenders with his pace and his all-round game is definitely improving.

Saying that, I think this level is his limit. I might be wrong though. I have been before - I thought Derek Hales would be a good striker for Derby.

• 2 months later...

It is clear that Clough has no intention of giving Theo a starting role and perhaps this decision was made along time ago. The issue I have with Clough over this decision is that his stubbornness will cost DCFC. He could have made it quite clear that Theo was transfer listed and sold him for a decent fee, taking into account his goals to mins ratio the last 2 seasons.

But if he decides to sell Theo this summer, the fee we would likely receive, will be much lower.

It is clear that Clough has no intention of giving Theo a starting role and perhaps this decision was made along time ago. The issue I have with Clough over this decision is that his stubbornness will cost DCFC. He could have made it quite clear that Theo was transfer listed and sold him for a decent fee, taking into account his goals to mins ratio the last 2 seasons.

But if he decides to sell Theo this summer, the fee we would likely receive, will be much lower.

Nothing makes clubs fork out fistfuls of cash more than telling them that you want rid of the player eh?

is it stubborness or common sense not playing theo.? i dont go in for the goals per game thing.... if he played the whole season... he'd have 15 goals ...but we'd be playing with 10 men most games, the fans would be pulling their hair out at his control...and inability in general.the midfield would have to play deeper because the ball keeps coming back at them. and the defence would be under constant pressure. and they arent good enough to deal with that. he scores some but contributes very little otherwise.... sammon doesnt score very much for example.. but the midfielders have more of a chance to get forward when he's playing and then chip in for the goals that theo would have. but whos place would he take in this team.... if we're 442.... he's still on the bench... 451? doesnt work but maybe not even on the bench. i'd rather see jacobs and bennet ahead of him anyroad.

The list on my wall says Theo is basically out of contract this summer - with a one year option. Can't see him being with us next year nor any money coming in ! Even if we offer him the extra year - doubtful - Theo will probably prefer to go where he can play every week.

What is shocking is that Theo, despite not being picked for most of the season, is still our top scorer. Ward, who's been injured for large portions of the season, is second top scorer. Conor Sammon has scored 6 goals in 31 starts.

If I was Theo I'd want out asap.

What is shocking is that Theo, despite not being picked for most of the season, is still our top scorer. Ward, who's been injured for large portions of the season, is second top scorer. Conor Sammon has scored 6 goals in 31 starts.

If I was Theo I'd want out asap.

What's shicking is that you haven't noticed that:

a) Ward has as many goals as Theo AND had more assists (ie more than 0) therefore is the top scorer by most people's reckoning

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' /> You seem incapable of understanding that Theo contributes nothing to the team as a whole, whereas Sammon and Ward both do...

Sammon > Theo:

Less falling over.

Marginally better first "touch".

Better ball retention.

Better work rate.

Creates opportunities for others.

Doesn't kill as many attacking moves as Theo.

Actually wants to play for this football club and do well, Theo might in principal but he doesn't show it on the football pitch. Half arsed, ill-focused waster syndrome so far this year.

I have to say that I'd rather Theo than Sammon, and most sensible people would.

Everyone who's ever listened to a footballer or watched the game knows that central defenders at this level would much rather play against a striker who's using height trying to win the ball in the air, than one who's trying to use pace to run onto a ball.

For me, the fact that people think Sammon does the job better highlights just how starved of quality style play we've been! So much so that we'd happily accept that lumping the ball to six inches above Sammon's head and watching him jump underneath it!

How very depressing!

Theo lacks a lot as a footballer, but this is about what's best for the team, not who's best for the wrong tactic being used by the team!

Sammon > Theo:

Less falling over. - debatable

Marginally better first "touch". - debatable

Better ball retention. - debatable

Better work rate. - carthorses work harder than thoroughbred racehorses! Your point is?

Creates opportunities for others. - debatable

Doesn't kill as many attacking moves as Theo. - debatable

Actually wants to play for this football club and do well, Theo might in principal but he doesn't show it on the football pitch. Half arsed, ill-focused waster syndrome so far this year. - again, debatable. Jumping under the ball does not make you a willing player! Kenny Miller used to play the same way as Connor Sammon does, would you like Miller here?

Archived