Theo Robinson

WestLondonRam

I like Sammon, definitely our best striker for me, very athletic and can hold a ball up and bring others into play.

Ward is our best footballing striker without question - Robinson, well he scores goals, I'm not going to say anything else because it baffles me. Tyson has been unlucky this season, has looked very good when given minutes on the pitch and has changed the game in our favour a number of times.

Mason is still very young, wouldn't mind seeing him get some playing time though, there is a star championship striker in there - just got to try and get it out of him, his age and inexperience obviously stopping that at the minute - when he gets a chance he seems to just want to hit it as hard and as fast as possible.

Connor Doyle - never seen anything from him, don't think he is cut up to the attention of big crowds, under 21s best player without question out performing first team players on a number of occasions but put him infront of the crowds and he losses his composure.

Callum Ball - the worst striker at the club for me, was hoping he would show something at Coventry against lesser players but he had an awful touch, ridiculously slow reactions and was unbelievably bad in the air. I wouldn't be sad to see him go if we got money for him, like ANY sort of money for him,

if it helps Billy Sharp did mention he would be willing to take a paycut to join Derby, but when he was available we couldn't pay what Southampton wanted - the only team that would was Forest, and southampton gave him that one option, but he did mention we're a massive club and he would love to play here, as he has good mates down here.... Was a bit rough hearing it - seemed to genuinely really like Derby fans, especially since what happened with his kid and how the club made a deal out of it, with the arm bands and minutes applause...etc

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Sammon, definitely our best striker for me, very athletic and can hold a ball up and bring others into play.

Ward is our best footballing striker without question - Robinson, well he scores goals, I'm not going to say anything else because it baffles me. Tyson has been unlucky this season, has looked very good when given minutes on the pitch and has changed the game in our favour a number of times.

Mason is still very young, wouldn't mind seeing him get some playing time though, there is a star championship striker in there - just got to try and get it out of him, his age and inexperience obviously stopping that at the minute - when he gets a chance he seems to just want to hit it as hard and as fast as possible.

Connor Doyle - never seen anything from him, don't think he is cut up to the attention of big crowds, under 21s best player without question out performing first team players on a number of occasions but put him infront of the crowds and he losses his composure.

Callum Ball - the worst striker at the club for me, was hoping he would show something at Coventry against lesser players but he had an awful touch, ridiculously slow reactions and was unbelievably bad in the air. I wouldn't be sad to see him go if we got money for him, like ANY sort of money for him,

if it helps Billy Sharp did mention he would be willing to take a paycut to join Derby, but when he was available we couldn't pay what Southampton wanted - the only team that would was Forest, and southampton gave him that one option, but he did mention we're a massive club and he would love to play here, as he has good mates down here.... Was a bit rough hearing it - seemed to genuinely really like Derby fans, especially since what happened with his kid and how the club made a deal out of it, with the arm bands and minutes applause...etc

booooo

Your very good with your analysis.But one disagreement is that i feel Callum ball has no Mobility correct but is very good in the air and great instinct check his goal against arsenal in the cup.

Your very good with your analysis.But one disagreement is that i feel Callum ball has no Mobility correct but is very good in the air and great instinct check his goal against arsenal in the cup.

He has good instinct, can't argue with that... but he is piss poor in the air, the fact he is 6'3 and wins less headers than Jamie Ward is embarrassing...

His performance against peterborough away was one of the worst I have ever seen, I was convinced he was nailed to the ground, 5'8 players outjumping him and getting the better of him.

He has good instinct, can't argue with that... but he is piss poor in the air, the fact he is 6'3 and wins less headers than Jamie Ward is embarrassing...

His performance against peterborough away was one of the worst I have ever seen, I was convinced he was nailed to the ground, 5'8 players outjumping him and getting the better of him.

tbf i have only seen him in 5 games so overall i dont have much evidence to go on.If he isnt getting a full 90 at coventry which is the only reason we loaned to them then we should recall him and develop him in the u21.One thing i noticed though on a positive is he was very good at doing the clough 90+ min tactics which is get in the corner and dont F it up where as many players including bryson have lost the ball.

Did someone say Billy Sharp wanted to play for us?

Bring back the Sharp love-in!!!

Sign him, SIGN HIM you tight, boring American barstools!!!

And Le Fondre. What?

Yeah, well, in as many words - was out on Saturday night in a VIP club (see drunk thread) and being the designated driver was stone cold sober, so the water was flowing) and my drunk mates managed to get onto a table with the ex doncaster contingency which seemed to separate themselves from the rest of the footballers in there (believe me there was a ton) and so I spoke to Jason Shackell and Simon Gillett for a bit, and then Billy Sharp who by that point was absolutely out of it, so I took it upon myself to get some answers out of him, first question was... 'why Nottingham Forest' and he said they were the 'only club that wanted me, the only club that would pay what Southampton wanted' and I said would you move to Derby if you DIDN'T have to take a paycut' and he said 'I'm not in football for the money, I just want to score goals and play games, Derby are a massive, massive club and would take a pay-cut to play there, plus I've got a lot of good mates there' and I said 'Just about every Derby fan I know would love you to come to pride park, but the club are just too skint' and he said 'Yeah I know, they give all their money to Jamie Ward' and I said 'Jamie Ward on a fair whack then, well, I say fair whack but no-one gets a lot at Derby' and he said 'Yeah, he gets a fair bit, a good mate of mine Jamie is' - that was the important stuff, and then the rest was just talking about football...etc

Shackell also gave a glowing reference of Nigel Clough... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> but Shackell said he still loved Derby and definitely did not want to move - sounds like he had very little choice, also told him about the season ticket refunds and he laughed, but he doesn't seem to happy with life at Burnley, and was complimentary of Derby - bit of a shame really, not the first Derby player that I've met that has said negative things about Clough either, well last time there was a group of players... but we won't get into that 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Yeah, well, in as many words - was out on Saturday night in a VIP club (see drunk thread) and being the designated driver was stone cold sober, so the water was flowing) and my drunk mates managed to get onto a table with the ex doncaster contingency which seemed to separate themselves from the rest of the footballers in there (believe me there was a ton) and so I spoke to Jason Shackell and Simon Gillett for a bit, and then Billy Sharp who by that point was absolutely out of it, so I took it upon myself to get some answers out of him, first question was... 'why Nottingham Forest' and he said they were the 'only club that wanted me, the only club that would pay what Southampton wanted' and I said would you move to Derby if you DIDN'T have to take a paycut' and he said 'I'm not in football for the money, I just want to score goals and play games, Derby are a massive, massive club and would take a pay-cut to play there, plus I've got a lot of good mates there' and I said 'Just about every Derby fan I know would love you to come to pride park, but the club are just too skint' and he said 'Yeah I know, they give all their money to Jamie Ward' and I said 'Jamie Ward on a fair whack then, well, I say fair whack but no-one gets a lot at Derby' and he said 'Yeah, he gets a fair bit, a good mate of mine Jamie is' - that was the important stuff, and then the rest was just talking about football...etc

Shackell also gave a glowing reference of Nigel Clough... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> but Shackell said he still loved Derby and definitely did not want to move - sounds like he had very little choice, also told him about the season ticket refunds and he laughed, but he doesn't seem to happy with life at Burnley, and was complimentary of Derby - bit of a shame really, not the first Derby player that I've met that has said negative things about Clough either, well last time there was a group of players... but we won't get into that 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

I like some gossip!

It's nice that these lads are complimentary about the club. We aren't a bad club are we? It's a shame we're going a bit 'Coventry'. I know all fans will say their clubs are special but Derby is a football town. We don't do other sports very well and it's a small place to be matching big city clubs with support. There are other clubs with good heritage. And it's those clubs that really know how to enjoy the 'highs'. Success is wasted on some clubs! Lol. And here we are. Trying to build a full scale mansion with Lego.

Wonder what the crack with Shackell was. So many rumours. Do you believe the simple ones or the complex ones!?

Surprised Ward is a big wage. He's worth it like. Just he was in a pickle when we grabbed him.

Be surprised if Ward was on a big wage, I'd imagined most of the playing staff would be ons rather level playing field to help keep the team close, no high earners etc, except maybe the fringe players, freeman, Gjokaj, Hoganson etc I'd imagine everyone to be around the 5k a week mark?

I was surprised when he said about Ward, I remember he got that new contract last season 6 months after he signed, but no idea what actually he earns. Billy was very complimentary of Ward though, said he was a very good footballer.

And with Shackell I asked him what happened and he said 'gaffer didn't really get on with me, got sold for what i was brought for, shocked him...etc said he loved Derby, and didn't want to leave... also said Burnley weren't very good(in as many words) which made me think he isn't enjoying it up there, I said must be rough to hear the steve davies rumours, and he said - there is so much said that you just don't take notice, and he is good friends with Davies still...

Sky Sports understands Theo Robinson's excellent form has come to the attention of Jamaica who are ready to hand him an international call-up.

The Derby County striker, who has been strongly linked with a move to the Premier League in January, is one of the top scorers in the Championship this term with seven goals to his name.

The Jamaican Football Federation have been making checks and are now ready to hand Birmingham-born Robinson his inaugural call-up ahead of their clash with Cuba next month.

Jamaica have targeted a number of English-based players to bolster their World Cup qualifying campaign, but getting Robinson on board will represent a huge coup for he Reggae Boyz given he is still only 23.

Robinson himself has been in great form for Derby and he has attracted the attention of a number of clubs ahead if the January window.

Aston Villa, Sunderland, QPR and Wigan are all said to be keeping tabs on his situation along with Championship outfits Crystal Palace and Wolves.

agreed in his instinct but he's poor overall, still seems to play like he's battling against children he can just push over because of his size, poor in the air, no intelligence, no lung bursting runs or light jogs for that matter. He will end up as one of those who's better with experience because he doesn't have the attributes to improve vastly in the way Theo 'god' Robinson has with pace and energy etc.

Archived