Theo Robinson

WestLondonRam

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of them?

Connor Sammon's hardly a 20 goal a season man. I don't know why Clough had a erection for so long over the prospect of him playing for dcfc. That 1.2 mill could have been spent on 2/3 other players who'd be just as good.

Doyle? luckiest man in football, He only ever scores for the under 21's and thats only because He's up against kiddie winks.

Tyson hasn't been a goal scorer since his Wycombe days

Ball? Doing wonders at Coventry ain't He?

Robinson is the only out and out goal scorer at the club, FACT!

Connor Sammon's hardly a 20 goal a season man. I don't know why Clough had a erection for so long over the prospect of him playing for dcfc. That 1.2 mill could have been spent on 2/3 other players who'd be just as good.

Doyle? luckiest man in football, He only ever scores for the under 21's and thats only because He's up against kiddie winks.

Tbf, his record this season is pretty good for the amount of appearances he's made.

You asked how many of them score goals, not 20 a season. I believe out of our main strikers, they have all scored goals...FACT.

A was just havin a laugh tho mate, a factual laugh, but nevertheless a laugh x

Ok mate, who currently at the club looks like they can score 10 a season, based on current form.

It's not an opinion, Robinson is the only one of our strikers who knows where the back of the net is. If he were to leave then I struggle to see where the goals would come from.

Ward? Bennett? Or will clough get another loanee who scores the goals like giles sunu did? Oh wait...

Ok mate, who currently at the club looks like they can score 10 a season, based on current form.

It's not an opinion, Robinson is the only one of our strikers who knows where the back of the net is. If he were to leave then I struggle to see where the goals would come from.

Ward? Bennett? Or will clough get another loanee who scores the goals like giles sunu did? Oh wait...

Ward has 4 in 8 so he will, and Tyson has 4 in 11 inc subs so he probably will as well.

Conor Sammon was never brought here to score goals.

He's not playing well at the moment, but he isn't an out and goalscorer. When he's doing his job properly, he holds the ball up, brings other people in and is also capable of tracking back and defending. I've seen it with my own eyes this season in a couple of games. His start has been disappointing - but if you were expecting 20 goals out of him you're bound to be disappointed. I think he'll come good at what he's good at.

You make a valid point about a lack of goalscorers though.

Conor Sammon was never brought here to score goals.

He's not playing well at the moment, but he isn't an out and goalscorer. When he's doing his job properly, he holds the ball up, brings other people in and is also capable of tracking back and defending. I've seen it with my own eyes this season in a couple of games. His start has been disappointing - but if you were expecting 20 goals out of him you're bound to be disappointed. I think he'll come good at what he's good at.

You make a valid point about a lack of goalscorers though.

Clough's been talking about bringing in a 20 goal a season striker for about 3 years now, the first time he actually spends a bit of money on a striker and you're telling me he paid £1.2 for a player to hold a ball up? No, that's just crazy talk.

Steve Howard held the ball up whilst bringing others into play and frequently helped out the defence, he also didn't have a problem finding the back of the net....

Yet sammon can't score goals because he's simply holding the ball?

If you read my post properly, I said he's made a disappointing start. I just think that he'll come good eventually, it's early days yet. He was unplayable against at Watford and had a good game against Blackpool, so we've seen glimpses of it.

Clough's been talking about bringing in a 20 goal a season striker for about 3 years now, the first time he actually spends a bit of money on a striker and you're telling me he paid £1.2 for a player to hold a ball up? No, that's just crazy talk.

Robinson has 7 goals in November. What's to say he won't get 20?

I'm not defending anyone here, I'm just saying Sammon isn't an out and out goalscorer, and I don't believe he was signed as such. That's clear by looking at his record.

Has he proved he's worth £1.2m? Absolutely not, but after 16 games I'm not going to slate him.

Lo[size=3]sing your leading goalscorer is never a welcome prospect and it would concern me if Robinson left. [/size]

[size=3]For all his shortcomings, Theo scores goals at a more consistent rate than any of our other strikers so his value to the team shouldn't be underestimated.[/size]

[size=3]He's not irreplaceable by any means but without significant investment or Tyson, Ward or Sammon taking the mantle, we'd soon start to feel his absence.[/size]

Every striker at the club has poor ball control, im not really sure how they'll ever consistently be good with this major flaw in their game.

They all offer something physically, but with the ball at their feet, they're all p*ss poor for professional footballers.

I agree...

Sammon is pony (as you put it so well) with the ball at his feet.. Even when we beat Blackpool 4-1 he was atrocious everytime the ball came to his feet.. It was a case of a poor first touch, no awareness around him, and run like a carthorse into the nearest defender..

Archived