Going back over the last 10 years we then have

Steve Howard £2m 2007/08

Tom Huddlestone £4m 2005/06

Raisak £3m 2005/06

Malcolm Christie £4m 2003/04

Mart Poom £3.3m 2002/03

Danny Higginbotham £2m 2002/03

Chris Riggott £2m 2002/03

Which leaves us with an interesting fact - John Brayford fee is the best price we have got for a defender in over 10 years...

Does that put it into perspective quite how bad our transfer policy/dealings have sunk during that period. 

Fancy signing for Cardiff, gotta be the worst club he could possibly sign for in the premier league. Their chairman doesn't even respect the clubs heritage or the fans, all he cares about is his lucky colour red. Franchise club formerly called the bluebirds, now the red dragons.

Come on Brayford, thought someone like you hated that *****. 

It's amazing what quadrupling your wage can do to your moral fibre.

Just did the check myself

Closest in recent seasons was when we sold Tito Villa for £1.7m in 2009/10

Then you're right the last ones over £2m were Earnshaw & Miller in 2008/09

Going back over the last 10 years we then have

Steve Howard £2m 2007/08

Tom Huddlestone £4m 2005/06

Raisak £3m 2005/06

Malcolm Christie £4m 2003/04

Mart Poom £3.3m 2002/03

Danny Higginbotham £2m 2002/03

Chris Riggott £2m 2002/03

Which leaves us with an interesting fact - John Brayford fee is the best price we have got for a defender in over 10 years...

Does that put it into perspective quite how bad our transfer policy/dealings have sunk during that period. 

I would try and find a more reliable site to check your figures!

There is now way we got £2million for Howard.

And I'm pretty sure the Huddlestone deal only ended up with us getting about £750k!

Not sure where you're getting your figures from

Steve Howard was undisclosed

Tom Huddlestone was undisclosed

Rasiak was undisclosed

Malcolm Christie and Chris Riggott combined fee of Undisclosed

Mart Poom Undisclosed

Danny Higginbotham was Undisclosed

That's a combined overstatement of Undisclosed

I took it all from

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk

I didn't check the figures, I assumed that they would be ball-park correct. Plus I was just illustrating the fact that £2m for a defender is more than we've received in 11 years. I wasn't asking for people to get anal about the figures.

They're not my figures - take it up with http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk if you like

The other thing we'll miss about Brayford is his aerial ability...he was pretty solid in the air for a full back and would sometimes make a nuisance of himself on offensive corners.

:blink:

Could be wrong, but genuinely surprised by that. I can't remember one occasion he has had a chance from a corner - his 3 goals have all been outside (around the) box, haven't they? 

Could be wrong, but genuinely surprised by that. I can't remember one occasion he has had a chance from a corner - his 3 goals have all been outside (around the) box, haven't they? 

He bundled a header in at the far post then wheeled away in delight behind the goal.

Think it might have been charlton but the game slips my mind. Even though I saw it today ;-)

The others were the scramble while on his arse v tranmere, the belter v watford and the blackpool first time sweep.

Yeah but he's had chances before and as said, occasionally made a nuisance of himself

I think there is an argument for Pro/agianst the sale.But my personal opinion is that it was time to let him go hes been here for while and club has pretty much stalled in progression in terms of posistion in the league.He has been a consistent right back that can currently get in a bottom half prem team.People may think that his departure makes us very weak because the back 4 was already not solid but infact the money we got for him  will allow nigel to not only get a replacement or cover but also a centre back.Goals win matches and from the pre season games/training i have watched hughes,ward and russell were the ones linking up.He will be missed on the right side but i think from the replacements i have told about we will more than fine.you have to look at it from another point that the player will go at some point hughes,hendrick etc unless the club moves forward so if brayford sale meant we could afford to bring in the neccessary defensive options that will make us better come the start of the league then that will have a knock on effect to us keeping other players.Will soon have Lowe and hanson in the squad another two prized assets who will progress and be very good so as long as the money is given to nigel i have no problem.

Archived