John Brayford

Shamblez

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

£1.5 million plus add ons (which may never materialise). We paid what? £1 million for Brayford and Bailey? Well Bailey we won't get anything for so essentially that's a profit of £500k.  Of which Crewe and Burton get a cut.

Might, for the sake of £500k, it have been better to have kept him and played him in what was hopefully a good push for promotion, bearing in mind his value to the team? We are certainly a much stronger outfit with him than without him.

But who is to deny him the chance to play in the Premiership and if he wants to go, there seems little point in keeping him, and how stupid would we have felt if we'd refused it all, only for him to pick up a long-term injury? Likewise when we're midtable in Jan and we get £300k for him, we would all look back and think it was the wrong decision.

Fact is, in this kind of situation you're damned if you do, damned if you don't as far as the club is concerned. Much will depend on what happens to the money.

I wish him well, I'm probably more disappointed to see him leave than I have with any Derby player for a long time as I think he's out best player, but I expected it. At least it gives us time to deal in the market rather than it happen just as the window closes. Let's hope he makes those appearances and Cardiff stay up.

So now Bailey is no good to us his signing on fee has become zero?!

To be fair, he hasn't actually gone yet. He hasn't even agreed terms. He could always say no. 

You just never know in football.  

I want him to go, the last player that happened to was Hulse - how I wish we got that 4 million!! 

I want him to go, the last player that happened to was Hulse - how I wish we got that 4 million!! 

Without Hulse's goals we might not have stayed up that season, but we got less money the season after. Swings and roundabouts. 

Not happy with this.

A Prem team should be paying £2m up front at least. And If they were sniffing around in Jan why couldnt they have done the deal much sooner?

We have never got a decent price for anyone since Seth Johnson was sold to Leeds.

I am very concerned that we now have a back 4 that consists of a left back who is a midfielder who played ok for a few games at left back, Keogh, Buxton who is not good enough to be first choice and Freeman who will be good but is young and currently injured. Then In reserve we have o'Connor, Hoganson and Gjokaj.

That is weaker than what we had last season. I know this will be called negative but that is how I see this.

Firstly good luck to the lad. 

Secondly it will be interesting after all the rhetoric to see what does transpire in terms of any new players coming in, because if they ( NC or the Board) dont bring in some quality, i think a lot of us will feel once again that all the talk about pushing for top 6 was just more b/s to sell season tickets, which will be such a shame when for the fist time in years we are just begining to have some hope and faith in our leadership.

So fingers crossed we see at least one of the people mentioned in the last few pages arrive.......

Archived