John Brayford

Shamblez

You cant beat the transfer of one of your better players for generating mass hysteria and accusations of bad performance by the board and disloyalty from the player. In this instance everyone would be a little better placed taking a step back and looking at the situation for what it is.

Anyone suggesting John Brayford is a mercenary is doing him a disservice. Take a look at his record from his days at Burton to Crewe and then on to us, He has left each club for a step up in level with the blessing of the club and the adoration of the supporters. He handles himself in the right way and is completely professional. In each case his opportunity to move has been driven by solid performances on the pitch witch have created the interest from a higher level that has opened up the opportunity.

Undoubtedly he will get paid more money but that goes with the territory, Norwich were the lowest payers in the Prem last year and their average way was €19,434 per week. He is surely going to double his salary and he has earned it.

Blaming the board for this is also ridiculous. We all know he is down to 1 year remaining on his contract and was interested in giving it time to see if a prem opportunity came along this summer. He never demanded to leave. The club acknowledged this at the beginning of the summer and had vowed to allow him time to see if anything crystallised with the hope that it wouldn’t and that he would commit before the season opener. The only unfortunate thing is that Cardiff's bid came so late in the summer when it appeared that he may re-sign. The deal we have got for a player with 1 year remaining represents good business and a fantastic return on the fee we paid for him 3 years ago.

The board have already publicly stated that they will reinvest and the DET this morning is suggesting the fee will probably buy us 2 players. A replacement RB and also the CB that many on the forum have been campaigning for over the last few weeks. If we have a £2M pot available to us, to quote the old forum favourite unit of measurement - that is the equivalent of 2 "Barker type fees". We have the prospect of 2 decent permanent signings coming in.

Its a team game and Bray is a big individual loss but the outcome of the process could well be team improvement.

Good luck Bray. You deserve your chance and I hope to see you tearing up the Prem!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best of luck Brayford, nowt wrong with moving on up. We'll be playing you next season though, and nicking the points so don't be getting too carried away will ya? ;-)

Sometimes I hate football.

Gutted. Came on yesterday and saw the news. I really didn't think he'd leave. 

My favourite player since he walked through the door, everything about him was what we needed. A real breath of fresh air.

I tried to do a positive/negative list and to be honest the negatives haven't stopped yet.

I think the next few days will show whether we let him go reluctantly or whether it was part of a wider plan. Again perhaps it a scenario where Johnny B will pay for the signings of two players thereby improving us overall. That's a big ask

I'm clinging to the idea that maybe we've sold JB because we needed to keep the conveyor belt running, Freeman IS ready and we could do with that 1.5m for a centre half. 

I'm wondering what effect it will have on the rest of the squad this close to kick off. JB seemingly was a massive part of the group and a big contributor to the ethics and spirit we've tried to bring in. I hope he doesn't leave too big a gap to fill.

I'm honestly delighted for him that he's going to the PL but I can't help the feeling that this has put a big dent in our top 6 aspirations.

We're now looking at a totally new back four.

Good Luck to Bray, he's earned the right to step up but oh my fecking good god, did it really need to be now when we're on the verge.

My source tells me he's failed his medical.

His side burns have effected his hearing.

Pardon?

I said.......oh I see what you did there.

I would just like to apologise to the members who have discussed the potential loss of John Brayford in such a sensible and erudite fashion only to wake up to such puerile and childish trolling.

There will be an internal investigation in the mod room.

Sometimes I hate football.

Gutted. Came on yesterday and saw the news. I really didn't think he'd leave. 

My favourite player since he walked through the door, everything about him was what we needed. A real breath of fresh air.

I tried to do a positive/negative list and to be honest the negatives haven't stopped yet.

I think the next few days will show whether we let him go reluctantly or whether it was part of a wider plan. Again perhaps it a scenario where Johnny B will pay for the signings of two players thereby improving us overall. That's a big ask

I'm clinging to the idea that maybe we've sold JB because we needed to keep the conveyor belt running, Freeman IS ready and we could do with that 1.5m for a centre half. 

I'm wondering what effect it will have on the rest of the squad this close to kick off. JB seemingly was a massive part of the group and a big contributor to the ethics and spirit we've tried to bring in. I hope he doesn't leave too big a gap to fill.

I'm honestly delighted for him that he's going to the PL but I can't help the feeling that this has put a big dent in our top 6 aspirations.

We're now looking at a totally new back four.

Good Luck to Bray, he's earned the right to step up but oh my fecking good god, did it really need to be now when we're on the verge.

Jesus Christ.

Not sure what I think of Freeman to be honest. The lad has the potential but is he actually ready to be as good or better than Brayford? Looking at our defence now:

Freeman....................Keogh....................Buxton....................Forsyth

(All to prove).............(Excellent)............(At his limit?)...........(Still to prove himself)

O'Connor .....................Gjokaj...................????....................Hoganson

(Not rated).............(Not really tried)..........(Nobody)...............(Not tried)

This to me says we now desperately need a quality right back and a quality central defender if we are really serious about top 6.

How dare you put the blame on to me, I least I tried, I didn't sit here writing on a forum how much I want him to stay, I took positive action and made direct contact with John. My conscience is clear, is yours this morning?

Fancy signing for Cardiff, gotta be the worst club he could possibly sign for in the premier league. Their chairman doesn't even respect the clubs heritage or the fans, all he cares about is his lucky colour red. Franchise club formerly called the bluebirds, now the red dragons.

Come on Brayford, thought someone like you hated that *****. 

How dare you put the blame on to me, I least I tried, I didn't sit here writing on a forum how much I want him to stay, I took positive action and made direct contact with John. My conscience is clear, is yours this morning?

some of the worst things that have happened have been with the best intentions. :p Also don't think I have said either way whether I want him to stay or not, so my conscience is also clear :lol:

some of the worst things that have happened have been with the best intentions. :p Also don't think I have said either way whether I want him to stay or not, so my conscience is also clear :lol:

It’s better to have tried and failed than to live life wondering what would’ve happened if I had tried.

Archived