John Brayford

Shamblez

What a load of crap. This money is being reinvested, as both the club and those connected to the club have said. It's not like they can even spin that, we'll know roughly how much they've spent on any future incomings.

Trolls aside, I'm disappointed, very disappointed. Thought for sure he'd stay, given how close it is to the actual season. Buy a lower league back-up RB and a quality CB though and I'll be more than pleased, a CB is much more important in the grand scheme of things than a RB. I have faith in Freeman too.

Not trolling, just think about what the board have actually said, did they state that every penny from the Brayford deal will be reinvested in the team?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

. I keep saying we paid 1Mill for him and Bailey and Crewe get 15 percent of fee. Anyway I'm off. Still a poor deal for me as you can bet your bottom dollar that we won't see many in comings.

Totally agree with this...were the fook are we going to get a replacement of the same standard with about a 1m? & this close to the season starting...what a gutting piece of business..You could say its 1m for two players too, since Coutts looks ***** without him..

Top 6 my arse...don't think the club or Brayford believe we are any closer to promotion than last season...better enjoy Hendricks & Hughes this season as I just can not see them staying at such an ambitious club..

Sorry rant over, just so peed off...Good luck to Brayford though..

Not trolling, just think about what the board have actually said, did they state that every penny from the Brayford deal will be reinvested in the team?

Not exactly, but I fully expect them to. Club have only mentioned strengthening but Nicholson has explicitly said that "the money for Brayford will be invested in the squad and Derby already have targets in mind". No reason to doubt him.

Barnett and Christie in for me.

We have a paucity of quality defenders.

Forsyth and Buxton are adequate at this level at best and, based on last season, Freeman isn't a player I'd bank on for a promotion push.

Brayford was the real quality element of our back four. As it stands, it looks frail...

Totally agree with this...were the fook are we going to get a replacement of the same standard with about a 1m? & this close to the season starting...what a gutting piece of business..You could say its 1m for two players too, since Coutts looks ***** without him..

Top 6 my arse...don't think the club or Brayford believe we are any closer to promotion than last season...better enjoy Hendricks & Hughes this season as I just can not see them staying at such an ambitious club..

Sorry rant over, just so peed off...Good luck to Brayford though..

There won't be a straight replacement, it's Freeman. Expect a CB and lower league utility player to come in that can cover for Freeman if he's injured.

Ambition hasn't changed. To me, a back four of Freeman, Keogh, quality new CB and Forsyth is stronger than a back four of Brayford, Keogh, Buxton and Forsyth.

Question that needs answering is why Brayford had a year left on his contract and was stalling about signing, speaks volumes about the club matching Brayfords ambitions

they probably don't though. Brayford wants Prem football straight away, as he is entering the prime of his career, the club's ethos has always been under NC to build slowly. It's no good for him if it takes another five years. Would be funny though if we went up this year and Cardiff were relegated!

I am gutted obviously, no Derby fan in their right mind wouldn't be - but, i've said it before and I'll say it again. He isn't irreplaceable and for people saying where can we find another brayford for 1million, well we signed him for less - he isn't a one off.

I wish him the best, just hope this now will allow us to bring in a right back and centre back, hopefully of good quality and we will be a lot better off for it.

Hope he gets a good pay-rise and security as Cardiff don't strike me as a club that will look after their players, he is a cog in a bigger picture there. I think he will be a championship player again in 12 months, either with cardiff or elsewhere.  

I have to admit, I thought it had got past the point where he would go. At first I was disappointed but I don't think we can argue on price overall if we get £1.5mill upfront.

I was talking to someone I knew a while ago about whether brayford was a luxury we could not afford to keep hold of. Maybe I can be proved wrong but how many teams in the championship have been promoted with a right back as a 'star player'? Premiership clubs need quality full backs who are up and down the wings, like brayford, but I'm not sure whether for us it's a necessity to get out of the league. Basically a full back won't get you promoted, but the money from selling on a full back might get you a quality centre half that wil push us on.

Full backs in this league need to be steady and reliable, basically stop crosses from wingers, but brayford has been a level above this for a while now. As long as that cash goes towards a replacement and a quality centre half (an area where we do need that little more quality, also a more important area) then I don't think it's the worst thing to happen.

Finally good luck John and congratulations on a premiership move. Clough and co also deserves credit for the work they have done to make a conference player into a premiership one

******* heartbroken, as I'd just about started to dare to believe he'd stay.

We need to hope this is a Kevin Wilson moment, not a Gregorz Rasiak moment.

Fair play, will get his chance in the prem, been a good player, we are getting good money, never good losing one of your best players through. Yet as a back 4 go and get a good centre half and right back and as a back 4 unit we could be stronger.

Archived